No transfer rumours this week?

Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Nappy thrower

Banned
Dec 17, 2009
Floor above Bushy
Are you Steve Foster (the NSC poster, not the legend) in disguise?
Err No

I'm pointing out that there is very little time left to buy this special player.I think alot of supporters hopes are vanishing now.
What club is going to release a good striker just before deadline day now? It doesn't give them much time to find a replacement does it?
We will either end up with a loan one or one that doesn't feature often.
I'm starting to panic now as this is vital to finshing in the top 6.It's not that hard to work out is it?

SULLY COULDNT SHOOT

Loyal2Family+Albion!
Sep 28, 2004
Izmir, Southern Turkey
Considering the goings on of the last couple of weeks, it seems obvious to me we need at least:

a left back
a centre back
a defensive midfielder
a left winger
a striker

these are minimum and I honestly don't think we'll get them all as we are struggling to compete financially. Result will be a top half season but without the extra players we'll probably miss out on the play-offs. Not Gus's fault... just where we are right now.

Nappy thrower

Banned
Dec 17, 2009
Floor above Bushy
You also have to remember that Bloom has already stated that he doesn't like doing business in the jan window as players are over inflated.We really need to get this sorted in this window.

Couldn't Be Hyypia

We've come a long long way together
NSC Patron
Nov 12, 2006
Near Dorchester, Dorset
You also have to remember that Bloom has already stated that he doesn't like doing business in the jan window as players are over inflated.We really need to get this sorted in this window.

I don't "have" to do anything.

You're a negative nelly and a bloody pessimist. Don't (or do) kid yourself that you're just being a realist.

Nappy thrower

Banned
Dec 17, 2009
Floor above Bushy
I don't "have" to do anything.

You're a negative nelly and a bloody pessimist. Don't (or do) kid yourself that you're just being a realist.
I think you will find most peoples opinions will change if we don't secure a quailty striker soon.If you seriously think we can achieve a top 6 finish with just Barnes/Murray and useless Holroyd then you are simply deluded.

Couldn't Be Hyypia

NSC Patron
Nov 12, 2006
Near Dorchester, Dorset
I think we COULD get a top six finish with Barnes/Murray and I don't think Holroyd is useless. However, I do think we need another striker. But unlike you (and based on what Gus has said hundreds of times) I think that Gus is looking for a striker right now and doing everything he can to secure a signing. I don't think he's sitting on his hands thinking the strikers we have are good enough.

So our manager is looking; he's backed by a sensible Chairman - so if the player is there to be bought, they'll buy him.

You on the other hand post a pointless thread* stating that we need another striker. No shit Sherlock.

* and that's another negative - or just plain uninformed - thread to add to the very many you've popsted this Summer. Can't wait for you to go back to school. Perhaps you should be concentrating on choosing your GCSE options rather than posting quite so much SHIT on NSC? Just an idea - of course you don't have to do that!

paulclark

Sep 7, 2008
At least theyre threads about football and brighton not food ,cricket, tv and the weather

I think we COULD get a top six finish with Barnes/Murray and I don't think Holroyd is useless. However, I do think we need another striker. But unlike you (and based on what Gus has said hundreds of times) I think that Gus is looking for a striker right now and doing everything he can to secure a signing. I don't think he's sitting on his hands thinking the strikers we have are good enough.

So our manager is looking; he's backed by a sensible Chairman - so if the player is there to be bought, they'll buy him.

You on the other hand post a pointless thread* stating that we need another striker. No shit Sherlock.

* and that's another negative - or just plain uninformed - thread to add to the very many you've popsted this Summer. Can't wait for you to go back to school. Perhaps you should be concentrating on choosing your GCSE options rather than posting quite so much SHIT on NSC? Just an idea - of course you don't have to do that!

Couldn't Be Hyypia

NSC Patron
Nov 12, 2006
Near Dorchester, Dorset
Yipee - "I've got a stalker, I've got a stalker. You don't"

(and to prove your point about me not making football or Brighton related posts, you choose to quote me talking about Brighton and Hove Albion? Super smart!!)

Just for the record:

My posts since 16th August:
Football/Albion 75% (39 posts)
Non-Football 21% (11)
Cricket 3% (2)

Your posts since you joined:
Specifically about Nicky Forster: 72%
Indirectly about Nicki Foster: 21%
Stalking me: 7%

Last edited by a moderator:

casbom

Jul 24, 2007
I think you will find most peoples opinions will change if we don't secure a quailty striker soon.If you seriously think we can achieve a top 6 finish with just Barnes/Murray and useless Holroyd then you are simply deluded.

So what? Honestly don't you think that Bloom and Gus are not trying hard to get the "right" type of player here? Have you ever thought that we have tried and the player(s) have turned us down? Have you ever thought that?

Or do you honestly think they have done NOTHING all summer in regards to a striker?

Come on then, what players are out there could we realistically get eh? If you were Gus who would you go for that would fit in with the style of footie he wants to play?

sir albion

Jan 6, 2007
SWINDON
So what? Honestly don't you think that Bloom and Gus are not trying hard to get the "right" type of player here? Have you ever thought that we have tried and the player(s) have turned us down? Have you ever thought that?

Or do you honestly think they have done NOTHING all summer in regards to a striker?

Come on then, what players are out there could we realistically get eh? If you were Gus who would you go for that would fit in with the style of footie he wants to play?
I would prefer it if bloom and gus admitted we can't afford decent players.If we could afford quality players we would,ve had them by now.

This is why we are signing foreigners in which im not complaining about:thumbsup:

My hope is that we would start building a quality squad that could also compete in the championship.It seems a big struggle with 3 months gone so would rather be told we don't have the finances and get on with things:thumbsup:

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
I would prefer it if bloom and gus admitted we can't afford decent players.If we could afford quality players we would,ve had them by now.

This is why we are signing foreigners in which im not complaining about:thumbsup:

My hope is that we would start building a quality squad that could also compete in the championship.It seems a big struggle with 3 months gone so would rather be told we don't have the finances and get on with things:thumbsup:

We were never told that we had the funds so why do you expect to be told now that we haven't. Bloom and Gus are not responsible for Albion fans getting carried away and talking about how we were on the verge of signing Premiership strikers.

Things are moving along nicely imo, if the right player becomes available at the right price I'm sure we'll try and sign him, but apart from a rash comment by Bloom about promotion a few months ago the club have not once bigged up who were trying to sign. Well if they did I haven't seen it.

SamSeagull

Mar 10, 2008

i think we have got the funds to buy a decent striker, but some albion fans seem to think we can get players like simon cox who must be on at least 10k a week. theres no way were going to pay wages like that.

empire

Dec 1, 2003
dreamland
sure gus will come good,he knows what he is doing,too much bollocks on here about possible targets,lets just wait and see

B.W.

Jul 5, 2003
We were never told that we had the funds so why do you expect to be told now that we haven't. Bloom and Gus are not responsible for Albion fans getting carried away and talking about how we were on the verge of signing Premiership strikers.

Things are moving along nicely imo, if the right player becomes available at the right price I'm sure we'll try and sign him, but apart from a rash comment by Bloom about promotion a few months ago the club have not once bigged up who were trying to sign. Well if they did I haven't seen it.

Actually, BOTH Tony AND Gus have said that promotion is the target, so they ARE BOTH responsible for raising fans expectations... get your facts straight...

B.W.

Jul 5, 2003
And we ARE FAST running out of time, despite the lickers comments to the contrary...

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003

I agree with you. The striker thing is annoing everyone (prob Poyet and Bloom as much as anyone on here!) but we need to get the RIGHT player and be pretty sure he'll perform. Simple.

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
There have been a few new faces about but i believe one of them is Hughes - May be others on trial.

WATFORD zero

NSC Patron
Jul 10, 2003
And we ARE FAST running out of time, despite the lickers comments to the contrary...

I'm so glad that we have people like you supporting the club and moving it forward. I hate to think what would happen if we were dependant on Gus, Tony and their lickers :facepalm:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports