Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

No such thing as a betting certainty...

KLUNK

Mar 30, 2010
East Sussex
Just to prove nothing is a certainty where betting is concerned,take a look at this:

http://www.liveoddsandscores.com/press-releases/500568/1100-nadal-loses-in-biggest-upset-in-betting-history

I posted this on another thread,though not too sure many may have seen it. It beggars belief that anyone would place a bet of £400 to win just £2. In this case,matey lost all £400!!

Bookmakers must love these mug punters. These kind've betting nightmares must be quite common,although we only get to hear about them re big events.
As an example,last night Batley who led Sheffield 24/6 at half time in a rugby league fixture,somehow managed to lose the game. I was on Batley-8(10/11) in the 80 minute handicap betting. I was keeping a close eye on the betting via Paddy Power,& was counting my money tbh. Fool!! Sheffield were +22(10/11) just before half time and Batley were 1/80 odds on to win the match,but Sheffield went on to win 32/24.
Fair enough,i done my dough(not a huge stake),but these kind of shocks and in-running odds often serve me a kindly warning - to be bloody careful!
Rugby league,tennis & cricket are very volatile betting wise,& imo are probably best avoided! Mind you,value hunters can sometimes have their day. Good luck to 'em,but anyone backing 1/200 shots....DUH???!

Dr Q

Jul 29, 2004
Cobbydale
I'd stick my money on Celtic to win the SPL for next 3 years at least .. although the odds may be a bit sh*t!

KLUNK

Mar 30, 2010
East Sussex
It'll be interesting to see the handicap betting for the Scottish div3. Wonder what the other teams will receive with Gers off scratch? I mean they could win virtually ALL their games?? !

misterspatch

Oct 16, 2011
Horsham
Easy way to make money, keep doubling bets on roulette on black, you can do that on some betting websites I think but you have to do it slyly otherwise they might see what you're doing.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here