Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] No Spurs for us as we came back from Anfield with COVID...

Neville's Breakfast

May 1, 2016
Oxton, Birkenhead
I’m interested as to how they get the numbers now so many less people are testing? Is it just extrapolating?

The same way they always did, by survey and extrapolation by the ONS. Those figures have shown to be more reliable than Government testing, with the latter often taking a while to catch up with the former when we were in the midst of the pandemic. To add to the anecdotal evidence we are definitely seeing a bit of a surge up this way. We do feel like sitting ducks with all the cases we are hearing of. Only 7 days until our boosters and we will have the flu jab at half term. In the meantime just continuing as normal. It’s good to hear the OP acting so responsibly. We’ve both had mild colds this week, but no fever. We did Covid tests (which were negative) but would also have stayed off work if they had been positive.

Westdene Seagull

aka Cap'n Carl Firecrotch
NSC Patron
Oct 27, 2003
The arse end of Hangleton
I might have misread the tone of your reply but would you stay away if you had tested positive?

If I tested positive of course I wouldn't go out. But last time I had Covid it was like a very mild cold and the only reason I tested myself was because Mrs WS felt rubbish so tested herself and was positive. Nowadays I don't even have any testing kits so won't know if I have Covid or not. I treat it like any other illness - if I feel like crap I stay at home and rest if I just feel a bit under the weather, like last time I had Covid, I just carry on as normal.

Daddies_Sauce

Falmer WSL, not a JCL
Jun 27, 2008
Only caught it for the 1st time around 6 weeks ago, tested -ve after 11 days, never felt so ill. Did the right thing stayed in bed and missed the Leeds game so others around me were not put at risk. Feeling so ill I was not in any position to go anyway. Now have long covid symptoms, booster jab tomorrow morning, it's not gone away and I expect numbers will be increasing significantly in the coming weeks. 'm back to wearing masks.

albionalbino

Nov 1, 2009
West Sussex
Just recovered from my 2nd rodeo, much worse this time round, maybe as it's now almost a year since my last booster.
Absolutely shattered for two weeks with chills, sweats and nosebleeds.

drew

Drew
Oct 3, 2006
Burgess Hill
If I tested positive of course I wouldn't go out. But last time I had Covid it was like a very mild cold and the only reason I tested myself was because Mrs WS felt rubbish so tested herself and was positive. Nowadays I don't even have any testing kits so won't know if I have Covid or not. I treat it like any other illness - if I feel like crap I stay at home and rest if I just feel a bit under the weather, like last time I had Covid, I just carry on as normal.

So I was right, the answer is you would go out and spread covid if you had it.

Green Cross Code Man

Wunt be druv
Mar 30, 2006
Eastbourne
So I was right, the answer is you would go out and spread covid if you had it.

Covid is out there whether we like it or not. Most people don't have access to test kits. Just as others have said, people who feel awful will not go to work/games/shopping etc but if symptoms seem mild I've no doubt almost everyone will carry on regardless. I am unsure why you are picking on this particular poster. The school I work at, has tons of colds or covid ATM. I wouldn't have gone to the palace match a couple of weeks ago as felt really lousy and had a high temperature for a few days. But although I tested as I had a couple of kits, I didn't have covid. If I hadn't had the kit, I'd have just stayed off work anyway. There are plenty of my colleagues and students who are sniffly and I'm sure most haven't tested. Should I be angry with each of them?

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
30th September

Thanks, I had the first one in just under a year this morning. My wife has somehow managed to have 5, the last in early summer. She has another on Monday

First time I’ve had Moderna, all the others have been Pfizer

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
Thanks, I had the first one in just under a year this morning. My wife has somehow managed to have 5, the last in early summer. She has another on Monday

First time I’ve had Moderna, all the others have been Pfizer

All four of mine have been Pfizer.

Justice

Dangerous Idiot
Jun 21, 2012
Born In Shoreham
My good other works at M&S if you have covid and don’t come to work it triggers a non authorised absence which results in a disciplinary. Two people working there with her had covid last week. These companies treat people like feckin slaves it’s disgusting.

drew

Drew
Oct 3, 2006
Burgess Hill
You seem to have been word blind to my first sentence.

No, your first sentence is irrelevant because the subsequent sentences seem to make it clear you won't test for covid so you'll not know whether you have it or not. So even if you have mild symptoms you'd still go out and spread it.

drew

Drew
Oct 3, 2006
Burgess Hill
Covid is out there whether we like it or not. Most people don't have access to test kits. Just as others have said, people who feel awful will not go to work/games/shopping etc but if symptoms seem mild I've no doubt almost everyone will carry on regardless. I am unsure why you are picking on this particular poster. The school I work at, has tons of colds or covid ATM. I wouldn't have gone to the palace match a couple of weeks ago as felt really lousy and had a high temperature for a few days. But although I tested as I had a couple of kits, I didn't have covid. If I hadn't had the kit, I'd have just stayed off work anyway. There are plenty of my colleagues and students who are sniffly and I'm sure most haven't tested. Should I be angry with each of them?

Everyone has access to test kits only now you have to buy them hence there are no reliable figures.

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
My good other works at M&S if you have covid and don’t come to work it triggers a non authorised absence which results in a disciplinary. Two people working there with her had covid last week. These companies treat people like feckin slaves it’s disgusting.

Is it because of liars?

In my family someone has ‘had’ Covid 4 or 5 times, giving them paid duvet weeks. Admitting to us the truth.

I’m not an employer, but lots of Brits love not going to work or college by pulling a sickie.

A1X

NSC Patron
Sep 1, 2017
Deepest, darkest Sussex

Standard for retail. A friend of my mum worked for Tesco and was told she needed back surgery and would need six months off. When she took it to her manager he asked when she was planning to make the time up.

I got a disciplinary when I worked at Tesco at college and had two colds in 6 months and had to take a day off (as per company policy I might add). The final question in my kangaroo court with the manager was “what are you going to do to prevent this happening again?” and I basically had no choice but to say “don’t go near people with colds”. Lost all respect for corporate management that day and never got it back.

Green Cross Code Man

Wunt be druv
Mar 30, 2006
Eastbourne
Everyone has access to test kits only now you have to buy them hence there are no reliable figures.

But unfortunately although we can buy kits, most people will not pay for them. Covid is not a cold, and can be extremely nasty, but I've only had it once but have tested probably hundreds of times for work. Even if I had only tested with a symptom or two, I would have spent a fortune and I could not afford to carry on like that. I think almost everyone is not and will not test from this point on.

Last edited:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here