Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

No Smoking at Amex

Apr 17, 2011
Shoreham
Went to get my ticket for Wolves game today. Got outta the car and was going to light up until i was told by a steward that the whole of the area around the Amex is now (from 2 weeks ago) a non smoking area. Was told that i could have a smoke in the lower car park if i wanted though. Was anyone else aware of this? :down:

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
Maybe he should have stopped all the smokers standing by the north east door last week. It was like walking through a fog. There were plenty of stewards standing nearby so his statement that the whole of the area is no smoking is untrue or the stewards last week weren't doing anything about it.

ali jenkins

Thanks to Guinness Dave
Feb 9, 2006
Southwick
Its about time they stopped people standing right outside the door having a fag. I dont mind people smoking around me but it really is annoying having to weave your way through them while trying to leave.

Superphil

Dismember
Jul 7, 2003
In a pile of football shirts
After games the smoke wafts all the way up the stairs to the Profile Lounge landing

Garage_Doors

Originally the Swankers
Jun 28, 2008
Brighton
I look after the sellers down on the concourse up from the station and there all puffing away coming off the trains,

Not heard anything about form the club saying sellers can't smoke.

D

Deleted member 18477

Smokers are weird and disgusting anyway. Well done that steward!

Napper

Jul 9, 2003
Sussex
Maybe he should have stopped all the smokers standing by the north east door last week. It was like walking through a fog. There were plenty of stewards standing nearby so his statement that the whole of the area is no smoking is untrue or the stewards last week weren't doing anything about it.

hardly a major issue is it really.

8ace

Banned
Jul 21, 2003
Brighton
Possibly something to do with it being a building site ATM. More likely some jobsworth CAUC of a steward sticking his oar in when it's not needed.

Muhammed - I’m hard - Bruce Lee

You can't change fighters
NSC Patron
Jul 25, 2005
on a pig farm
they told me the other day when i visited the shop. i asked what was going to happen on match days, steward told me its doesn't apply for match days

OSRGull

Jan 20, 2011
N1A
[[Albion]] No Smoking at Amex

I'm always having a fag before and after the game outside and nobody's said anything, plenty of people do it, I highly doubt anyone will say anything.

rouseytastic

Sep 22, 2011
Haywards Heath
Its about time they stopped people standing right outside the door having a fag. I dont mind people smoking around me but it really is annoying having to weave your way through them while trying to leave.

Well if there was a designated area for smokers (or 4 actually, 1 per stand) you wouldn't have to.

This was always hilarious to me. The anti-smokers banging on about no one being allowed to smoke in doors and then getting all wound up when they have to encounter it when entering or leaving somewhere. Fact is the shit people breath in everyday just going to work from the environment is hardly filtered air!

If you value your lungs that much and are so paranoid my suggestion is you find a large box and ask a friend to tape you inside it, dig a hole, throw you in it (whilst taped inside afore mentioned box) and fill hole with cement.......................never a mucky breath shall you take!

Bold Seagull

strong and stable with me, or...
Mar 18, 2010
Hove
It is a pointless habit, lets be honest. £7 a pack these days? You literally must have money to burn....

Average cost say £100 per month to feed a reasonable habit, £1200 per year. So over 10 years you'll have smoked £12,000 worth. You've also paid a huge amount more in tax than everyone else. And for what, higher blood pressure, smelly breath and clothes, and likely to be a shorter lifespan. :smokin::dunce:

ali jenkins

Thanks to Guinness Dave
Feb 9, 2006
Southwick
Well if there was a designated area for smokers (or 4 actually, 1 per stand) you wouldn't have to.

This was always hilarious to me. The anti-smokers banging on about no one being allowed to smoke in doors and then getting all wound up when they have to encounter it when entering or leaving somewhere. Fact is the shit people breath in everyday just going to work from the environment is hardly filtered air!

If you value your lungs that much and are so paranoid my suggestion is you find a large box and ask a friend to tape you inside it, dig a hole, throw you in it (whilst taped inside afore mentioned box) and fill hole with cement.......................never a mucky breath shall you take!
#

Like I said, Ive got no problem with people smoking around me, what is annoying that they all stand right in the DOORWAY having a fag. That would be annoying if they were smoking or not.

D

Deleted member 18477

Given the life expectancy of a smoker, contemplating next years season ticket might be a bit over optimistic anyway.

Surely smokers would be better of paying match by match just in case?

:lolol:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here