Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

No sign of the promised striker

Cowfold Seagull

Fan of the 17 bus
Apr 22, 2009
Cowfold
Outside of the 4 mentioned ie McCormack, Rhodes Murray and Crouch there has been very little speculation as to who we could sign as a striker to meet our needs.

IF we were to make that signing, it could very well be a player from overseas, that you, I. or any other A,lbion fan has any knowledge of.

I feel sure that the likes of Rhodes, McCormack, Bamford and the like have been discounted, simply because TB sees them as being way overpriced. He is right of course, they are way overpriced, but if splashing the cash to bring one of them here gets us promotion, than l say that we should do it.

Waynflete

Nov 10, 2009
Does that mean English is not your first language???

You really should post more :moo:[/QUOTE
Where have these idiots come from

I've been around a while chaps, not always posting but long enough to witness Mutts Nutts' relentlessly negative chatter on here, including his failed one man campaign to get us all to call CMS 'McSmudger'.

It's tiring to read, to be honest, and I hope for his sake he is trolling because it would be awful to be genuinely that negative.

To answer your question... Yes we might go up. Not likely but possible and as an Albion fan of 25 years standing that's good enough for me.

Hope my English is up to scratch. Love and kisses xxx

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
6 days until the 'look to get a striker in the loan window' announcement [emoji38]ol:

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
If we are trying to get a PL striker, we'll be waiting until late on deadline day.

5 1/2 days to wait.

Zebedee

Anyone seen Florence?
Jul 8, 2003
Hangleton
Anyone get a feeling we go through this every January?

Yes. It's now become very predictable and very boring. Any day now no doubt the club will announce that we've missed out on our target; and of course we won't have any back up other than perhaps a loan target. This would be a great shame as I believe we are only a decent (permanent) striker away from promotion.

Zebedee

Anyone seen Florence?
Jul 8, 2003
Hangleton
Have a feeling it will be the loan window for us once everyone else has finished their business and we'll see whats left, unwanted Prem strikers etc.

When it comes to strikers, twas ever thus, sadly (Ulloa being the exception)

Finchley Seagull

Feb 25, 2004
North London
Yes. It's now become very predictable and very boring. Any day now no doubt the club will announce that we've missed out on our target; and of course we won't have any back up other than perhaps a loan target. This would be a great shame as I believe we are only a decent (permanent) striker away from promotion.

What's more boring is fans moaning about the possibility of missing out on a striker even before we've missed out. The club never promised a striker. They're obviously working hard to get one but it's not easy as lots of clubs want them. If we miss out and go for the loan window (or even don't go for one in the loan window), I still think we've got a great chance of making the top six, which we'd have all been delighted with at the start of the season. I find it hard to believe people can be moaning at this point.

grummitts gloves

Dec 30, 2008
West Sussex, la,la,la
What's more boring is fans moaning about the possibility of missing out on a striker even before we've missed out. The club never promised a striker. They're obviously working hard to get one but it's not easy as lots of clubs want them. If we miss out and go for the loan window (or even don't go for one in the loan window), I still think we've got a great chance of making the top six, which we'd have all been delighted with at the start of the season. I find it hard to believe people can be moaning at this point.

I'm not disappointed as such. I didn't really expect anything less, although there's still time to buy one and I thought this January might be different due to our league position and we seemed to be really going for it this season. I'm still confident of a top 6 finish, but it will be tight and a bit risky relying on the players that we do have scoring enough goals to keep us in contention.

Bold Seagull

strong and stable with me, or...
Mar 18, 2010
Hove

I'm not worried. We've got 1.79 ppg with the squad we have. We've done some good business already with Knocky coming in, and Ridgewell temporarily. Carry on at 1.79 and we'll end up on 82 points. Edge that up and we'll be challenging the top 2. We're going to see a lot more of Wilson as he settles in / gets over illness. Bobby will continue to score, that might even spread to Hemed! Kaz is back! Crofts fit. Bong, Baldock, Greer, Rosenior nearly all back. Not going to be throwing a strop if no one else comes in.

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
We've got a recall possibility for Wilson hanging over us for the rest of the season, and let's hope Bobby avoids injury.

The risk analysis for striker options must be a major concern, let's get one in.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here