Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

No sign of the promised striker

Da Man Clay

T'Blades
Dec 16, 2004
I have a hunch that if it isnt somebody like Peter Crouch or GM it will be a deal whereby Baldock goes the other way. no ITK just a gut feeling and NooBHA saying he is convinced we will sign that elusive striker and the club are working hard on it.

Baldock isn't a good enough goal scorer for this level let alone the one above. Not a chance that he goes the other way in any deal with someone in the PL.

Bracknell_Gull

Jul 4, 2011
Bracknell
could a fairly well known striker from a PL club potentially be Lambert? has been used 'sparingly' this season and not gone on the park in the last 3 matches? he might fancy another stint on the south coast......

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
Would people REALLY mind not singing a permanent striker if we were to get GM on the 25th Feb? It's only another 2 or 3 games isn't it. I think with Wilson, Baldock, Hemed and BZ we can get through to then and this seems the most likely outcome. GM and a fully fit James Wilson up top would be amazing. I think people are forgetting how good a player a fully fit (not ill) James Wilson is and the fact we have him...

B.W.

Jul 5, 2003
Personally, I would prefer a perm signing to plug our oh so obvious striker gap. Bobby aside, are any of our strikers really good enough (Wilson being a loanee)?

B.W.

Jul 5, 2003
Would people REALLY mind not singing a permanent striker if we were to get GM on the 25th Feb? It's only another 2 or 3 games isn't it. I think with Wilson, Baldock, Hemed and BZ we can get through to then and this seems the most likely outcome. GM and a fully fit James Wilson up top would be amazing. I think people are forgetting how good a player a fully fit (not ill) James Wilson is and the fact we have him...

We have him (James Wilson), but may lose him at any-time...

Withdean11

Feb 18, 2007
Brighton/Hyde

I would take that if I KNEW Glenn was coming on the 25th Feb. But we don't know that, so it would be very nervy if we get to the end of the window without a new striker.

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
could a fairly well known striker from a PL club potentially be Lambert? has been used 'sparingly' this season and not gone on the park in the last 3 matches? he might fancy another stint on the south coast......
Good suggestion, possible I'd say.

Ecosse Exile

May 20, 2009
Alicante, Spain
I would be surprised if we signed Murray, as I have said elsewhere, I don't think he has been the same player since his injury, Palace hardly used him, Reading didn't take the gamble, despite a reasonable spell for them on loan and now Bournemouth have replaced him after hardly using him, and they only signed him in the summer!
You have to ask why? Bournemouth paid a lot of money for him, and they didn't do that just to fill a squad place.
Bournemouth will also want to re-coup some of that £4 million, so a loan fee could be akin to Vydra's at Reading.

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
Lambert is a good shout but I wonder do we need a target man like him or Crouch or even Murray would we not be better with a poacher a Defoe type striker obviously not him but similar type player or is Wilson sufficient for that role.

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
We have him (James Wilson), but may lose him at any-time...

Yes - good point. I just have a feeling he won't get recalled, but I agree it's a risk... Are we 100% certain he can be recalled at any time now? There have been so many conflicting opinions on here - originally, various posters were convinced there was only a small period in Jan he could be recalled, as after Jan it turns from a youth loan into a half season loan..? Maybe [MENTION=6886]Bozza[/MENTION] knows if this is the case or whether he can be recalled any time?

I would take that if I KNEW Glenn was coming on the 25th Feb. But we don't know that, so it would be very nervy if we get to the end of the window without a new striker.

Agree mate. I just have this hunch Murray would be there for the taking and with the rumours from several on here that he'd like to come back, his insistence on living in Brighton etc, you'd think it's a very likely scenario, given he seems out of favour at BMuff... Maybe the club will put the deal in place now, if that's the case and possible...?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here