Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] No pressure then... for young Tariq Lamptey

Mackenzie

Old Brightonian
Nov 7, 2003
East Wales
I hope he's as serious and professional about his career as his predecessor.

darkwolf666

Nov 8, 2015
Sittingbourne, Kent
If he can't instantly control a 60 yard goal kick coming down from the heavens over his shoulder, then shift his weight to wrong foot the pressing opponents before curving a gorgeous pass infield with the outside of his foot, i'll drive him back to Chelsea myself

Personally I'd like to know what he's doing that far up field when none of our goal kicks now leave the area - unless of course you meant an opposing goal kick, then yep, I'm with you !

blue-shifted

Banned
Feb 20, 2004
a galaxy far far away
Not in a million years.

Well, you don't get to play at the top level until you're 38, and at the end of your career your keeping out a £10m signing from Valencia who is 10 years your junior, by mucking about and taking your talent for granted.

Mackenzie

Old Brightonian
Nov 7, 2003
East Wales
Well, you don't get to play at the top level until you're 38, and at the end of your career your keeping out a £10m signing from Valencia who is 10 years your junior, by mucking about and taking your talent for granted.
Yep. Perhaps Bruno needs to have a quiet word with some of the rest of the playing staff.

blue-shifted

Banned
Feb 20, 2004
a galaxy far far away
Yep. Perhaps Bruno needs to have a quiet word with some of the rest of the playing staff.

Completely agree, but in fact he isn't the one who is paid to show leadership

The Optimist

NSC Patron
Apr 6, 2008
Lewisham

Was Montoya really £10m? If so I had no idea until now that we'd paid anything like that much for him.

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
Also, the sacred 25 shirt is not just given out to any old Tom, Dick or Bobby! I expect to see King Kayal make some squads and get some minutes between now and the end of the season. Good luck to the man!

I would sooner be saying thank you and goodbye because it shows how bad we have become if he can force his way back into the starting XI. He has been a good player for us and served us well but surely his days are over at this level.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
The pressure on this lad pales into insignificance when compared to what people are expecting from MacAllister. We will accept Lamptey is a kid whereas Alex is expected to hit the ground running and solve our midfield attacking problems.

PILTDOWN MAN

NSC Patron
Sep 15, 2004
Hurst Green
Well good luck to the lad and here's hoping that he wears the number and the shirt with pride, knowing that he follows in the sleeves of one of our greats and becomes a 'ledge' (yoof talk apparently) all by himself.
Don Shanks?

Algernon

Sep 9, 2012
Newmarket.
I hope Mr Lamptey is fully aware of the huge honour bestowed upon him.
If he becomes anything near the player Bruno was then he'll be loved by us all.

Silverhatch

Feb 23, 2009
Preston Park
The pressure on this lad pales into insignificance when compared to what people are expecting from MacAllister. We will accept Lamptey is a kid whereas Alex is expected to hit the ground running and solve our midfield attacking problems.

Got big hopes for Argie/Jocko Alexis - but actually think this lad could be the bizness both defensively and to add some attacking flair

Bakero

Languidly clinical
Oct 9, 2010
Almería
Highly photoshopped me thinks???

Nope. Upon seeing El Capitán, young Tariq was swept up by the great man's aura and before he knew it found himself in the barber's seat. No sooner had his head been shaved than a fine beard sprouted from his face. A fine homage to Catalonia. DÉU N'HI DO!

*Gullsworth*

My Hair is like his hair
Jan 20, 2006
West...West.......WEST SUSSEX
Nope. Upon seeing El Capitán, young Tariq was swept up by the great man's aura and before he knew it found himself in the barber's seat. No sooner had his head been shaved than a fine beard sprouted from his face. A fine homage to Catalonia. DÉU N'HI DO!
Umm seems feasible :hilton::clap2:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here