Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

No Passion, No fight, No bottle & No pride (thats just from our fans)

byf

Sep 26, 2003
Bournemouth
Thread number 100303 from lastnight but has to be said!

What a total and utter embarrassment lastnight was from our fans, I just cant work out how our fans dont get behind the side. I sit in WSL W1C and its a total and utter joke, long periods of silence for what was our biggest game of the season and that was even when we were winning, YES winning against our BIGGEST RIVALS in our BIGGEST game of the season, yet against Liverpool people are ejaculating and applauding like seal cubs when that scouse toss Gerrard runs on the pitch.

The fact that if anyone uses any foul language you get looks as if you've just stabbed someone in the face and spat on their mother.

Is this what it has come too, is this why the JCL'S got season tickets to sit in silence and judge anyone who tries to show any passion, "Oh my look at this guy, he's out of control" Well you know what love, crawl back to your horrible surburban nightmare and look after pippa and cecil and stop staring at people because you havent got an inch of passion or understanding about what yesterday meant you middle class snob.

We had a chance lastnight to make our new stadium a antagonistic bowl of noise lastnight, a place which has an edge and gives us advantage, thats why Mr Bloom spent X amount of millions on acoustics and that what we were SUPPOSED to do, its our duty to support and get behind them.

But no, we made a little bit of noise every now and again and didnt show up and neither did the team and for me we only ourselves to blame.

YOU WANT THE TEAM TO PERFORM AND KICK ON, THEN FCUKING SUPPORT THEM INSTEAD OF SITTING THERE LIKE FCUKING CORPSES!

Last edited:

Tooting Gull

Jul 5, 2003
Great rant. Plenty of truth in there as well. Last night a few things were spelt out on the pitch, but off it as well.

These 13,000 new fans we've got (and maybe some of the 7,000 too) failed the big exam yesterday. Against Palace, it's all about the result, for the other matches, back to the flag-waving. Yes, it was tense, yes, we didn't really deserve to be ahead after 75 minutes - but that's when the team need you to get over the line.

It's no use larging it against Peterborough and Doncaster, this was the big one. The players failed us, and maybe we failed them too.

Uncle Spielberg

NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003
Lancing
Its time for some home truths. YES we have got a large contingent of " plastic " fans or whatever you want to call them. We do have some sth's who have come along for the jolly rather than trek to Chelsea or Arse and pay top dollar. When we needed to sell 18000 st's , we needed to get a new 13000 or so to participate. Of those new 13000, a lot will be died in the wool BHAFC fans who got fed up , did not go to Withdean but probably 5000 are " new " BHAFC fans. This would be the same at any other club including Palace.

I think once the novelty of the Amex wears off our st renewals will be interesting as these " voyeurs " as I like to call them will probably not renew next season, especially as looks likely we will be in the Championship.

If the business of the CT camera's inspecting the conduct of fans and people getting banned for standing up , giving a response to away fans and showing any passion is a trend the atmosphere is likely to get worse.

The club to be fair don't care as its all money. If they had a policy of proof you went to Withdean and were at Hereford or travelled to Gillingham as part of the season ticket application we would have got about 5000 fans in.

Kalimantan Gull

Aug 13, 2003
Central Borneo / the Lizard
The atmosphere started off great and there was standing and singing from every block of the ground.

For most people, in all teams, the singing is led by the action on the pitch. Play-well, the crowd will sing and make noise. Play poorly, the ground goes silent. A kick was needed by the fans around the 70 minute mark, and it got a little off the ground, and then died. We couldn't get a second-wind going and we lost the game.

But why why why are the 13,000 so-called newbies being blamed? The songs need to be started by your 7,000 die-hards, why are the diehards expecting the newbies to start the songs?

Nut

Nov 2, 2009
Totally agree with this. We are becoming the epitome of an only sing when we are winning team. Was bad against Liverpool and Leeds but last night was something else. Myself and the boys I sit with in the west upper were absolutely flabbergasted by the lack of chanting. It was as if over 50% of the people there had no idea whatsoever of what that fixture meant. Where are our so called "ultras" leading from the front when the team is down and needs a lift??? Quite frankly the support last night left me feeling depressed and ashamed at times.

byf

Sep 26, 2003
Bournemouth
The atmosphere started off great and there was standing and singing from every block of the ground.

For most people, in all teams, the singing is led by the action on the pitch. Play-well, the crowd will sing and make noise. Play poorly, the ground goes silent. A kick was needed by the fans around the 70 minute mark, and it got a little off the ground, and then died. We couldn't get a second-wind going and we lost the game.

But why why why are the 13,000 so-called newbies being blamed? The songs need to be started by your 7,000 die-hards, why are the diehards expecting the newbies to start the songs?

It not JUST about the newbies, but it's getting boring now that me and a mate sit there desperately trying to get people going and gee'd up and make them come alive,passion isnt something we can install into people but it doesnt stop us trying.

We just end up getting strange looks of bewilderment!

Kalimantan Gull

Aug 13, 2003
Central Borneo / the Lizard
It not JUST about the newbies, but it's getting boring now that me and a mate sit there desperately trying to get people going and gee'd up and make them come alive,passion isnt something we can install into people but it doesnt stop us trying.

We just end up getting strange looks of bewilderment!

I have sympathy, but why didn't you go in the North then? the south and middle of West Lower was never going to be full of atmosphere. You remember the west stand at the Goldstone, North stand at Withdean? There is always going to be a part of the ground where people don't sing and jump around.

Acker79

NSC Patron
Nov 15, 2008
Brighton

Because the 7,000 who were at withdean last year were so noisy. Don't you remember all the praise the crowd got last season? How every game people walked away with ringing in their ears from the constnat singing. Clearly their noise is being drowned out by the silence of the new 13k.

Yesterday there were comments from fans about sore throats after singing so much at liverpool and leeds. If the players are being given a break because of the games they played, the fans deserve the same courtesy.

Napper

Jul 9, 2003
Sussex
Plenty of passion showed outside but to late then. Palace fans were shit as well until they scored. Odd atmosphere really. Almost like everyone was burnt out. The mass exodus was cringey at the end

byf

Sep 26, 2003
Bournemouth
I have sympathy, but why didn't you go in the North then? the south and middle of West Lower was never going to be full of atmosphere. You remember the west stand at the Goldstone, North stand at Withdean? There is always going to be a part of the ground where people don't sing and jump around.

I didnt go in the North as I wanted the best view in the house, whilst being central to he action and the entire stadium, the atmosphere can get fantastic and an incredible noise can be created but fans need to learn that a game is for 90 minutes.

The north was quieter than normal lastnight anyways so it wouldnt have made a blind bit of difference being in there, which was a real shock to be honest.

The other dissapointing thing was no shouts from people in support, no gee-ing up of "Come on ALBION" or anything of any sort, a lot of fans dont react to anything baring a goal and thats surely not what it's all about.

D

Deleted member 18477

Totally agree with this. We are becoming the epitome of an only sing when we are winning team. Was bad against Liverpool and Leeds but last night was something else. Myself and the boys I sit with in the west upper were absolutely flabbergasted by the lack of chanting. It was as if over 50% of the people there had no idea whatsoever of what that fixture meant. Where are our so called "ultras" leading from the front when the team is down and needs a lift??? Quite frankly the support last night left me feeling depressed and ashamed at times.

so why didnt you stand up and say COME ON SUPPORT OUR TEAM or at least try and get the atmosphere going again.

fans like you make me sick. you think your all that. why come on here and moan? if you stand up and start singing others will join in.

saaaaaaaake!

el_ciddy

Aug 26, 2011

They don't even have to play well to get songs, just some effort, the odd decent tackle would of helped.

Acker79

NSC Patron
Nov 15, 2008
Brighton
so why didnt you stand up and say COME ON SUPPORT OUR TEAM or at least try and get the atmosphere going again.

fans like you make me sick. you think your all that. why come on here and moan? if you stand up and start singing others will join in.

saaaaaaaake!

There was one guy who was going quite irate in an effort to get the fans singing after palace's first goal went in. Then again when the second went in. I mean completely nuts, almost ot the point I expected him to grab people to stand them up and get them singing.

He left when the third went in.

byf

Sep 26, 2003
Bournemouth
There was one guy who was going quite irate in an effort to get the fans singing after palace's first goal went in. Then again when the second went in. I mean completely nuts, almost ot the point I expected him to grab people to stand them up and get them singing.

Your not in WSL are you?

As thats exactly what my mate did, screaming at fans when they were walking out after palace scored a second, it's very frustrating!

Man of Harveys

Jul 9, 2003
Brighton, UK
It's very, very simple - and what's more it always has been: the atmosphere reflects what's happening on the pitch. If the game isn't going well, the atmosphere will start to suffer straight away. From what I could tell over the radio, the atmosphere was absolutely rocking last night until Palace came back into it, after about, what, 15-20 minutes into the 1H.

To somehow suggest that Albion fans should make a ton of noise while the team gets comprehensively outplayed in front of them is completely unrealistic and has never happened. Not at the Goldstone, nor I suspect at any other club. It just doesn't work that way IMHO.

And to blame it all somehow on people who are frankly sensible enough to prefer going to Falmer than to Withdean by labelling them nothing more middle-class JCLs is f***ing pathetic, of course. Not least it's a really tedious form of "I went to Gillingham/Withdean, aren't I great" bragging and nothing more.

byf

Sep 26, 2003
Bournemouth

saaaaaaaake!

Thats the point mate, people dont join in, people aint interested and people dont see it as their place to get involved with a good sing song and gee up.

If you stand up, a lot of the time you get told to sit down not only by the club but by the fans aswell.

Acker79

NSC Patron
Nov 15, 2008
Brighton
Your not in WSL are you?

As thats exactly what my mate did, screaming at fans when they were walking out after palace scored a second, it's very frustrating!

I am, north end. This guy was quite near the front I'm a bit further back but could see him.

Man of Harveys

Jul 9, 2003
Brighton, UK

At every away game I've ever been to there's generally been one - generally very pissed - bloke who 1) starts singing completely on his own, unrelated to whatever's going on in the game at the time then 2) immediately gets arsey out loud because no-one's joined in with him ("wass wrong with you lot?" etc). It's always pretty funny.

Littlehampton Palace

Littlehampton Based Palac
Nov 5, 2007
LITTLEHAMPTON
Ffs the mansex sounded great with the Albion chant ringing round the stands even if a bit boring, The stand up if you hate Palace was loud but have said before on another post you need more songs.
And for those saying Palace fans were quiet you need to go to the local hospital and have your ears looked at for balls of ear wax:D

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here