No panic signing of a striker

Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Betfair Bozo

Jul 24, 2007
What would be interesting to know is whether Villa are genuinely interested as Bruce was the manager at Hull then of course. That said, given the number of appearances he made you would think Bruce had no problem with him after said incident.

Marshy

Jul 6, 2003
FRUIT OF THE BLOOM
His behaviour is well documented

Is it ?.. he lost his rag once when being substituted in a game and then immediately apoligised for it.... hardly a bad boy is it ?

Look at Sanchez everytime he gets subbed off...

Unless i am missing other incidents ?

Finchley Seagull

Feb 25, 2004
North London
Is it ?.. he lost his rag once when being substituted in a game and then immediately apoligised for it.... hardly a bad boy is it ?

Look at Sanchez everytime he gets subbed off...

Unless i am missing other incidents ?

I don't understand why there's all this talk of his attitude. The fact that he scored 3 goals in 36 games for Hull last season is surely all you need. I am a big fan of Baldock but the one thing you hear people moan about most is his goalscoring record. Why then would we sign a player who scored less than Baldock in his one full season at this level?

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
I don't understand why there's all this talk of his attitude. The fact that he scored 3 goals in 36 games for Hull last season is surely all you need. I am a big fan of Baldock but the one thing you hear people moan about most is his goalscoring record. Why then would we sign a player who scored less than Baldock in his one full season at this level?

Because we are looking for cover for Baldock :lolol:

I am also a big Baldock fan btw and have been all along not just this season.My only criticism is that he is a bit of a sicknote,

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
I doubt we are looking at a 3 in 36 games striker.

If we are then we might as well just recall O'Grady.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
His behaviour is well documented
You're having a laugh - perennial Arsenal loanee Akpom disrupting the dressing room.

Give me strength.

As with McCormmack even the merest hint of 'attitude' and I'd fully expect Solly to put whoever firmly in their place.

I was going to say 'Solly or one of the other girls', but there aren't any others.
After Solly it's Alpha dogs all the way.

Even if a new player decided he was 'the daddy now', he'd last 10 minutes max.

- 6-a-side game would be set up.
- As per the on looking manager, 'attitude' would be on the opposite team to Duffy & Dunk.
- There's no other word for it 'attitude' would get violated.
- The manager would be motionless on the touchline.
- Broken, bruised and battered 'attitude' will either tow the line or won't ever return.

It'll be like the final scene of Babe.
The carnage would only end when Chris finally says his first words:-

"That'll do Shane, that'll do".

Nixonator

Feb 8, 2016
Shoreham Beach
You're having a laugh - perennial Arsenal loanee Akpom disrupting the dressing room.

Give me strength.

You made it sound like there was nothing in it, there was, and I seem to remember his Hull team mates weren't all too fond of him at the time.

You're campaigning on this point that one bad apple won't disrupt our team ethic, I more or less agree.

However, i'm not convinced taking a risk on someone who has scored 3 league goals in 60 odd appearences and who I have not personally been impressed by the few times ive seen him, is one worth taking

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
You made it sound like there was nothing in it, there was, and I seem to remember his Hull team mates weren't all too fond of him at the time.

You're campaigning on this point that one bad apple won't disrupt our team ethic, I more or less agree.

However, i'm not convinced taking a risk on someone who has scored 3 league goals in 60 odd appearences and who I have not personally been impressed by the few times ive seen him, is one worth taking
That's 2 completely different points, both of which we agree, more or less!

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003

portslade seagull

Jul 19, 2003
portslade
Oh well with 5-days to go hopefully things are well underway to getting a new striker in, unless they believe they can get through with just three

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports