Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

NO! No pitch invasion on Tuesday. Grow up.

OSRGull

Jan 20, 2011
N1A
We're going on the pitch, like it or not that's what thousands of us will be doing, have fun sitting in the stands.

WICKBHA

Mar 29, 2011
If or when people invade the pitch,could you please go to the east goal mouth,wave your arms in the air,and starting shouting,i am a miserable old fuka,so we can all see if you look like Victor Meldrew,ty.

Johnny Fever

Jan 11, 2010
I have just been on the phone to Gus and he said, "eees not complicated, the job is not completed until we have: a)secured the championship and b) the last game of the season is over and we have got 100 points". So don't start celebrating on the pitch on Tuesday, it's too early !!

beorhthelm

A. Virgo, Football Genius
Jul 21, 2003
We've been lucky. So far!

lucky? on at least one occasion they opend the gates at 90mins so the hundreds of fans who had been trying to peek through gaps or climb trees could go and stand on the track ready. pitch invasions for Brighton have become practially tradition.

patchamalbion

Feb 26, 2009
brighton
but doesn't the typical pitch invasion culminate in about a hundred or so wannabees heading towards the away end gesturing and giving it the open arms towards the others? surely best to keep this til Southampton rather than the 120 nice daggers fans!

Jan 19, 2009
Worthing
In October 1996 some Albion fans invaded the Goldstone pitch against Lincoln, the club were deducted 4 points with 2 points suspended in lieu of any further incidents . The Football League have never revoked this suspension.

I was one of those on the pitch against Lincoln, sitting down in the centre circle, which ultimately got me a ban from Bellotti from the Goldstone, issued by PC Beard ( my lord ).

I think you'll find we had a 3 point suspended sentence issued over the York City pitch invasion from the previous season, and we also had to play the 'replay' behind closed doors on a Thursday morning.

Then when we carried on our protests the next season, on October 1st 1996, we ran on and had the game v Lincoln stopped for about 10 minutes.

Then in December, at a football league hearing, we were deducted 2 points, and on appeal, was upheld.

So I think you're wrong.

D

Deleted member 18477

pitch invasion, no pitch invasion... please can everybody just be happy on tuesday/wednesday (as long as we win) for one bloody day! This is Brightons best season for a good few years. If supporters are negative this season god help us next year dare we lose more than 5 games... no doubt some deluded fans will want Poyet out!!

D

Deleted User X18H

I was one of those on the pitch against Lincoln, sitting down in the centre circle, which ultimately got me a ban from Bellotti from the Goldstone, issued by PC Beard ( my lord ).

I think you'll find we had a 3 point suspended sentence issued over the York City pitch invasion from the previous season, and we also had to play the 'replay' behind closed doors on a Thursday morning.

Then when we carried on our protests the next season, on October 1st 1996, we ran on and had the game v Lincoln stopped for about 10 minutes.

Then in December, at a football league hearing, we were deducted 2 points, and on appeal, was upheld.

So I think you're wrong.

I was also in the centre circle that evening . At least a one point deduction was suspended. However I am not going to get MTNM or Build a Bonfire form the loft to disprove.

D

Deleted User X18H

How long does a suspended points deduction last for. In most walks of life like our legal system anything suspended is for a given period usually 2 years.

Well to be honest it might have been a joke!

Jan 19, 2009
Worthing
I was also in the centre circle that evening . At least a one point deduction was suspended. However I am not going to get MTNM or Build a Bonfire form the loft to disprove.

Well, will this do Tory boy?

(Off of Wiki.)

The sale of the club's stadium provoked two pitch invasions by angry fans in protest against it. A pitch invasion late in the 1995-96 season, when the Seagulls were relegated to Division Three, resulted in a suspended sentence of three points deducted and a game played behind closed doors for the club. A similar protest on 1 October 1996 in a league game against Lincoln City meant that a Football League hearing on 9 December that year saw them deducted two league points.[7] The club later appealed against the points deduction but their appeal was rejected, although ultimately they still managed to avoid relegation from the Football League by a narrow margin that year.[8]

So did you get the ban as well?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here