[Misc] No mow May

Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Brovion

NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003
Yes, I'm in. And I'm not going to mow in June either. (The fact I don't have any grass only a paved yard may undermine my contribution a bit).

Giraffe

VERY part time moderator
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Aug 8, 2005
I have a front verge, part of which I won't mow. The neighbours will probably tut though.

LamieRobertson

Not awoke
Feb 3, 2008
SHOREHAM BY SEA
Nope …but if my customers want to pay for a non cut and that the lawns going to in some cases look crap when you do the first cut then I’m in

Ps..I’ve got a few where we just leave a small area ..started that in March

Albion my Albion

NSC Patron
Feb 6, 2016
Indiana, USA
Don't mow your lawn for the whole of May.

Provides a feast for pollinators, tackles pollution, reduce urban heat extremes, and lock away atmospheric carbon below ground.

Anyone else in?

I was doing "No mow May" but only because I'm lazy.

Fungus

NSC Patron
May 21, 2004
Truro
Already had it marked in my calendar, but in any case the lawn is currently covered in builders’ crap while they rebuild some patios. It’ll need a peaceful month to recover.

Actually, we have four separate lawns, but one will be given over to a permanent wildflower meadow after this.

Jack Straw

I look nothing like him!
Jul 7, 2003
Brighton. NOT KEMPTOWN!
I though that June was the best month to not mow. calling @Jack Straw
One method of meadow management is to mow regularly through early summer and stop on 20th June. It's amazing what comes up after that, and the grass has lost its vigour, so you can see any wild flowers.
There's lots of different meadow management mowing regimes, but as you mentioned June... :giggle:

Albion my Albion

NSC Patron
Feb 6, 2016
Indiana, USA
Yes, I'm in. And I'm not going to mow in June either. (The fact I don't have any grass only a paved yard may undermine my contribution a bit).

I know a guy who would have paid you to grow some "grass" in your kitchen or sun room but now since 30 or more US states have changed their law he doesn't need to pay anymore.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports