Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] "no more than a couple of pounds per month" S/T info 2016/17

Papa Lazarou

Living in a De Zerbi wonderland
Jul 7, 2003
Worthing
I think it would have been nice if we already had something like this in place. We've heard of other clubs having lower fees for early renewals.

It 'encourages' loyalty.... or scares people into not leaving.

Bold Seagull

strong and stable with me, or...
Mar 18, 2010
Hove
Appears to be very good news.

But to pick up on something mentioned earlier on this thread I would like to see our club take a stance against clubs that shaft us when we play away with ridiculously high prices (eg QPR) and/or shocking facilities.

Should we reach the promised land and Arsenal want to stiff us for £60+ tickets, then that's the price the club should charge them when they come to the Amex. We shouldn't compromise on the away fans facilities but they should be paying the same to come to the Amex as we have to pay for the away trip.

It is galling to pay top dollar to go to an away game and have to endure rubbish facilities, but in the return the away fans get very reasonably priced tickets plus all the extras we lay on for them.

Yes, maybe we are punishing the fans for the shortcomings of their clubs, but it's then down to them to campaign for reasonable pricing structure and facilities for away fans within their own club.

As ye sow...........

Or the Premier League step in and make it a rule that the top price for any away fan is either say £35 max, or the same price as the equivalent home ticket - whichever is lower. There should be a minimum no. of tickets you have to make available. If an Arsenal fan next to the away fans is paying £65 for theirs, but the away fans are paying £35, tough titty, that is when they'd really have to start taking action and might then have an impact on pricing.

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
Not eye-watering by Prem standards. Not uncommon for clubs to DOUBLE ST prices upon attaining Prem footy. Was it Blackpool who TRIPLED their prices? Someone did.

Southampton's ST prices went up MASSIVELY. I have local mates who had ST in Legaue 1 / Championship, who binned them when they went up, because of the rise.

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
Appears to be very good news.

But to pick up on something mentioned earlier on this thread I would like to see our club take a stance against clubs that shaft us when we play away with ridiculously high prices (eg QPR) and/or shocking facilities.

Should we reach the promised land and Arsenal want to stiff us for £60+ tickets, then that's the price the club should charge them when they come to the Amex. We shouldn't compromise on the away fans facilities but they should be paying the same to come to the Amex as we have to pay for the away trip.

It is galling to pay top dollar to go to an away game and have to endure rubbish facilities, but in the return the away fans get very reasonably priced tickets plus all the extras we lay on for them.

Yes, maybe we are punishing the fans for the shortcomings of their clubs, but it's then down to them to campaign for reasonable pricing structure and facilities for away fans within their own club.

As ye sow...........

I disagree with this, fundamentally.

We should charge the away fans a sensible maximum - be that £30 or £35 or whatever, regardless of whether their CLUB chooses to shaft us. The Arsenal / Tottenham / Rochdale / Accrington FANS are not the ones setting the prices we have to pay when we travel, nor are they the ones trousering the cash.

We should charge a fair price.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
As someone who sat through last season I don't think this is fair.

Anyone buying a Premier League ST should be made to pay 10 times last seasons prices.

jezzer

Jul 18, 2003
eastbourne
Season ticket prices for next season - great offer

I see that if you pay monthly it will be a couple of quid extra per month next season and 50p a month extra for kids, irrespective of what league we are in - so if we are lucky enough to do it this season we could be watching the likes of Manchester Arsenal Liverpool etc for about £25 extra over the whole season. That's an amazing offer potentially. Especially as we guessed if we did ever crack it we'd probably be paying about another 40-50% more. Cmon lads forget you can't always hold on to a lead away from home. And can't win a game by more than one goal, this is our year, we are still unbeaten still near the top and can go top again Saturday and despite the injury setbacks Tony can swish his cheque book about a bit in January, CMON!

Hamilton

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Brighton
As someone who sat through last season I don't think this is fair.

Anyone buying a Premier League ST should be made to pay 10 times last seasons prices.

And they should be made to buy all last year's ST's a pint at every game.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here