Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] No more season ticket cards

PeterOut

Aug 16, 2016
I'm not joking,I am serious.
All these electronic passports,tickets,cashless payments will turn us into a society where unless you have a mobile then you will not be able to function in society.
In the short term it creates a two tier society with some people unable to access venues,events,pubs,vote etc.this in itself is bad enough.
In the medium term the seeds that have been sown will turn into a personal electronic ID card on your device(by this time everyone will have been forced to own a phone or not participate in society)things will start to move in the direction of having a microchip in our hands to make it "easier" than carrying a phone.we will then effectively have been chipped the same as a dog at the vets.
Long term it will end in humans having micro chips in their brain and being controlled directly by the state ,who by then will not be a government that we vote for,it will be a global government run by technocrats.
Previous generations chose to fight against tyranny for our freedoms,but we are the generation that are just rolling over and accepting the growing dominance of big tech and we run the risk of being the generation that failed future generations of humans and just gave away humanities freedom.
So I say again,keep the season ticket cards please.

Why do you only see the negatives in this?

If, within a few years (weeks?) Tony will have implanted chips in our brains so he can control us - can't you see the benefits, too?

All the players, chips in brains, controlled by a small bunch of 13 year olds who have proven themselves at FIFA 2021 (other footie sims are available)?

No more creating 425 chances in a game and missing them all - our 13 year old super players will be able to control the on-pitch team, and we can start scoring goals again!

Unless, of course, Palace find a bunch of 13 year olds better than our 13 year olds... still, that's what our recruitment team is for, isn't it? Find the most nimble-fingered 13 year olds to control our brain-chipped players.

Yep, I can see it all now.

Or - maybe there will just be an option to ID yourself from your phone instead of from a plastic card, if you want to use that facility...

:ffsparr:

dsr-burnley

Aug 15, 2014
I was in a supermarket queue behind a lady with a smartphone. A wonderful device. She didn't need cash or a credit card because it was on her phone. Except that it wouldn't switch on.

So she couldn't buy her shopping, she couldn't get a taxi home, and she couldn't ring her husband to come and fetch her. What a wonderful device. I shouldn't be surprised if in the near future your front door key is on it too, so that when you have walked home, you can't get in.

Cheshire Cat

The most curious thing..
The club do very commendable things like ring up the over 80s and have a chat with them. I know it was much appreciated in my family.

I hope they don’t bring in a blanket policy of digital tickets. My grandad can just about use his Nokia brick. He doesn’t own a smartphone.
This, with my Mum who is 87, has a season ticket and hates technology.

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
Look on it as providing convenience for those of us happy to have our ST in our Apple wallets. The ever diminishing group of people who are not so keen will be looked after. The technology exists so may as well be used. We bought tickets for a game at Chester at Christmas (sadly refunded when the area went into level 4 lockdown) and chose the Apple wallet option. Print at home was also offered. It’s choice not discrimination.

Clearly discriminatory against those who can't or won't print at home :angry:

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
I was in a supermarket queue behind a lady with a smartphone. A wonderful device. She didn't need cash or a credit card because it was on her phone. Except that it wouldn't switch on.

So she couldn't buy her shopping, she couldn't get a taxi home, and she couldn't ring her husband to come and fetch her. What a wonderful device. I shouldn't be surprised if in the near future your front door key is on it too, so that when you have walked home, you can't get in.

What kind of prat doesn’t have a contingency?

Rookie

Greetings
Feb 8, 2005
For the limited attendances games it was a choice of ticket on mobile or a paper version, seemed to work fine. If true this would be the next step - mobile season ticket for those that want (I’d imagine a fair few) but card for those don’t (an ever depreciating number).

studio150

Jul 30, 2011
On the Border
Having said that, the stadium will be cashless when we return, are you against that? You could say that is already a two tier system against people who do not have debit card at least.

I would be if you could only use your phone to buy food and drinks on the concourse, I do not want the store my card details on my mobile due to the risk of internet fraud.

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
Should the club pursue this, and I can see how it makes sense as a continuation of the gradual shift that's been taking place, there is no way on earth they will essentially "lock out" fans who are unable to use Apple Wallet / Google Pay for electronic ticket storage.

I expect there will also be a group of people who have not used this technology before who may feel a bit anxious about doing so. Almost without exception on first using it, whether that's with the Albion or at another entertainment venue, they'll think "oh, that was easy, wasn't it..."

S'hampton Seagull

Oct 12, 2003
Southampton
What kind of prat doesn’t have a contingency?

I would be if you could only use your phone to buy food and drinks on the concourse, I do not want the store my card details on my mobile due to the risk of internet fraud.

I don't that has been suggested at all, card payments are fine.

banjo

GOSBTS
Oct 25, 2011
Deep south
1705AF5C-5103-4C95-A1C3-8F8867C3C9C2.jpeg

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here