Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

No hot water - Any experts

HAILSHAM SEAGULL

Nov 9, 2009
I have just booked an appointment with my doctor as my sides have split because that was so funny

Do you get Private Healthcare with the Groovy Gang, no wonder there are so many members.

Hyperion

Nov 1, 2010
PM me if you want to

Does this help

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1366999357.176061.jpg

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1366999371.866109.jpg

Hyperion

Nov 1, 2010
Exactly. But it has always worked superbly so I have never bothered changing it

Jonny Boy

Feb 4, 2011
Its an emersion heater. Switch it off and then back on again. If you put your ear to the tank you should hear a buzz. If that's the case then the element (what's under the black cover) is ok and still working. If not then it could be the wiring from the switch or the emersion itself.

Have you checked the fuse board to make sure its not tripped?

skipper734

Registered ruffian
Aug 9, 2008
Curdridge
Sounds like an immersion heater to me. Which is just like a big electric kettle element in a tank. Can only be two things. 1. there is a circuit breaker ( Fuse ) that has tripped or 2. the element is broken. The circuit breaker you can check yourself, in the fuse box. If it's the heating element in the hot water tank then that needs replacing by a plumber.

Just seen the picture..... its an immersion heater, as above.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland

Hyperion

Nov 1, 2010
Sounds like an immersion heater to me. Which is just like a big electric kettle element in a tank. Can only be two things. 1. there is a circuit breaker ( Fuse ) that has tripped or 2. the element is broken. The circuit breaker you can check yourself, in the fuse box. If it's the heating element in the hot water tank then that needs replacing by a plumber.

I just checked fuses. Bugger, then it's a plumber. Oh Googles

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland

Garage_Doors

Originally the Swankers
Jun 28, 2008
Brighton

It could be the heater thermostat that's failed which dosen't need a plumber.

looney

Banned
Jul 7, 2003
Hehehe. Well, to be honest if it was something quite simple like advice previously given, of course I may have got lucky. ..... But yes a bleeding Plumber it is

An electrician for an emersion heater Shirley.

SIMMO SAYS

Jul 31, 2012
Incommunicado
An electrician for an emersion heater Shirley.

Plumbers & Electricians can fit Immersion Heaters ---- its a sort of crossover of skills.
However both can get into trouble with trying to drain down the cylinder and get the old heater out or wiring up the heater.
I've done both for 39 years and now have trouble with the crap thermostats that come with the heaters.

Hyperion

Nov 1, 2010
Thank you everybody for your help :) [MENTION=409]Herr Tubthumper[/MENTION] thanks for the making me chuckle

pauli cee

Jan 21, 2009
worthing
Plumbers & Electricians can fit Immersion Heaters ---- its a sort of crossover of skills.
However both can get into trouble with trying to drain down the cylinder and get the old heater out or wiring up the heater.
I've done both for 39 years and now have trouble with the crap thermostats that come with the heaters.

yep, i replace the good old fashioned ones with the new ones daily, feel a bit guilty about it really.....if you need a sparks hyperion, can pop round monday eve, will only charge a bottle of bubbly!

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here