Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

No Horsham on Sussex venue fixture list

Strike

Sussex Border Front
Mar 12, 2004
Three Bridges, Crawley
On the Sussex CCC fixture list I see this year. What happened there is it a similar cock up to 2005 I wonder? if so sad as won't be able to see the Sharks in my corner of Sussex. :cry: Looks like it will be long train trips to Hove and Arundel and no quick near 10 minute ones again.

intensetazer

Banned
Apr 11, 2007
There wern't susposed to be any but due to a corporate sponser deal the Durham game is being played at Horsham ..

Bit of a shit really coz thats the girlfriends birthday weekend and its become some what of a tradition to catch the Saturday at hove :(

Strike

Sussex Border Front
Mar 12, 2004
Three Bridges, Crawley
Horsham Festival of Cricket to go ahead thanks to new Sponsor
The Horsham Festival of Cricket will take place from Friday 13 to Monday 16 July and will play host to Sussex’s LV Championship match against Durham, which was originally planned to take place at Hove.

Horsham-based manufacturing firm, EMCEL Filters Ltd, have agreed to be the Festival’s commercial sponsor. EMCEL are celebrating their 50th anniversary this year, and what better way to mark their half century than by bringing cricket back to Horsham?

Gus Mackay, Chief Executive, of Sussex CCC, said, ‘This very welcome sponsorship by EMCEL has secured the continuation of the very popular Horsham Festival of Cricket and all of us at the Club are delighted to be returning this year. It is a highlight of our home fixture list and I am keen to promote outground cricket in Sussex. At the beginning of the year the Festival looked unlikely to take place as dates and financial aspects could not be agreed upon, but with this invaluable support from EMCEL we have now been able to overcome all obstacles and return to Horsham. We also extend our thanks to our hosts Horsham Sports and Cricket Club and Horsham District Council, who have also contributed to ensure the return of the Festival. It promises to be an exciting match and with the second and third day taking place over the weekend it will allow a greater number of the cricket-watching public to attend.’

The EMCEL Filters Horsham Festival of Cricket takes place from Friday 13 to Monday 16 July. For corporate hospitality enquiries please contact us on corporatesales@sussexcricket.co.uk

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here