Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

No Hawkins...

Elder for England

Jan 30, 2008
Right, as we know Hawkins was not playing today nor was he brought on AT ALL, so didn't play a part and therefore cannot be blamed. Which defender are people going to blame for the poor defensive performence, which even Adams himself said was not good. Or perhaps you'd like to blame Hawkins from the bench. Or perhaps you don't want to blame anyone as they may of just not played well...

1066familyman

Radio User
Jan 15, 2008
It was all Lynch's fault, surely ? ;)

Rookie

Greetings
Feb 8, 2005
who cares as long as Hawkins stays on the bench for the foreseeable future

Mr Blunt

Apr 21, 2008
Brighton
Right, as we know Hawkins was not playing today nor was he brought on AT ALL, so didn't play a part and therefore cannot be blamed. Which defender are people going to blame for the poor defensive performence, which even Adams himself said was not good. Or perhaps you'd like to blame Hawkins from the bench. Or perhaps you don't want to blame anyone as they may of just not played well...

:D

Well nobody can blame Elphick as Brighton fans are blind to his mistakes. Who next El-abd , err no not him and not Richards or Whing so my vote goes to Hawkins for being on the bench.

Chesney Christ

Sep 3, 2003
Location, Location
Hawkins hasn't been very good this season. The central defence this season should have been Elphick with either Virgs or Lynch. If it had been we'd be sitting about 5th or 6th at the moment, and I doubt too many people would be that furious about today's result.

Questions

Habitual User
Oct 18, 2006
Worthing
I blame Andy Rollings.

goldstone

Jul 5, 2003
Hawkins hasn't been very good this season. The central defence this season should have been Elphick with either Virgs or Lynch. If it had been we'd be sitting about 5th or 6th at the moment, and I doubt too many people would be that furious about today's result.

Absolutely correct. And that is the main thing that Adams should take the blame for.

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
It was Mayos fault

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
Thatcher

One True BHA

Sep 2, 2008

The majority of people only blame Hawkins when he has a poor game. Unfortunately for him, that has been far too regular this season. I think he could be a good player, but needs to sort his positioning and concentration out. Your smugness that we got beaten heavily when he isn't playing is a little confusing, but I'm sure he'll be back in the team very soon.

I'm not really sure what your point is, maybe that we can still be crap even when Hawkins isn't playing? This won't change anyone's opinion on him.

Elder for England

Jan 30, 2008
The majority of people only blame Hawkins when he has a poor game. Unfortunately for him, that has been far too regular this season. I think he could be a good player, but needs to sort his positioning and concentration out. Your smugness that we got beaten heavily when he isn't playing is a little confusing, but I'm sure he'll be back in the team very soon.

I'm not really sure what your point is, maybe that we can still be crap even when Hawkins isn't playing? This won't change anyone's opinion on him.

At what point was I smug about losing? That's the last thing I want. It was nothing to do with losing, my point was purely about the defence. I was pointing out that our defence is still weak without him, and when we do let in goals, he gets ALL the blame, even though Richards can be poor defensibvely and Whing and Elphick make mistakes.

One True BHA

Sep 2, 2008
At what point was I smug about losing? That's the last thing I want. It was nothing to do with losing, my point was purely about the defence. I was pointing out that our defence is still weak without him, and when we do let in goals, he gets ALL the blame, even though Richards can be poor defensibvely and Whing and Elphick make mistakes.

Well you couldn't wait to start a thread the minute we finish a game where we concede thrice and Hawkins isn't on the pitch. You and your strange obsession with him, looks like you're trying to rub it in that we can still be bad without him.

And our defence was a whole lot better last season. Before Hawkins was a regular fixture in it. So this proves nothing.

When (if) the time comes that he dominates at the back and contributes to us keeping clean sheets will be the time that the (majority of) criticism stops. Not when we lose 3-1 without him.

RM-Taylor

He's Magic.... You Know
Jan 7, 2006
He'll be back in the team on Tuesday. And rightly so, because he's a million times better than the donkey who played in his place today

Chesney Christ

Sep 3, 2003
Location, Location
Well you couldn't wait to start a thread the minute we finish a game where we concede thrice and Hawkins isn't on the pitch. You and your strange obsession with him, looks like you're trying to rub it in that we can still be bad without him.

And our defence was a whole lot better last season. Before Hawkins was a regular fixture in it. So this proves nothing.

When (if) the time comes that he dominates at the back and contributes to us keeping clean sheets will be the time that the (majority of) criticism stops. Not when we lose 3-1 without him.

Precisely. Would we have lost yesterday with a fully fit Virgo instead of El-Abd? Who knows. The fact is that if Hawkins hadn't been such a regular fixture this season (even being played a week after a hernia operation) we'd be in a better position than we are currently. Look at our defensive record last season.

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
He'll be back in the team on Tuesday. And rightly so, because he's a million times better than the donkey who played in his place today

It wasnt very long ago when people on here were saying that Hawkins was a donkey and we should play either Virgo or El Abd in the centre of defence, well Virgo was injured only left El Abd or Hawkins.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here