Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] No Fulham red card

JetsetJimbo

Jun 13, 2011
Playe

Didn't he carry out two assaults on Spurs players the week before and get away with it ?
Obviously the rose tinted glasses are doing there job for you.

This. The guy's an absolute danger and if he's not reined in, he's going to cause an on-pitch tragedy with his complete disregard for the physical safety of his opponents.

Uh_huh_him

Sep 28, 2011
MotD2 - Definte Red
Monday Night Club - Definite Red
Football Weekly - Definite Red
ESPN.com - Yellow :shrug:
Football ramble - Ignored completely

One Teddy Maybank

NSC Patron
Aug 4, 2006
Worthing
Yeah, he got away with one there. As I said earlier, it perhaps evens up the the yellow he got for cleanly tackling Lamptey last season and Mitoma getting away with almost garroting Harry Wilson in about the 62nd minute, so it's all square innit?
As for the singing of 'You're only here for the Fulham', it was in jest - we had our tongues firmly in our cheeks, although it seems the last 2 seasons have changed some of the general goodwill towards us from some Albion fans.

As for playacting, it's been a feature this season that opponents go down as if shot when they get anywhere near Palhiñha, including yesterday. I don't approve of it, so it was doubly nice to see Palhiñha pulling Pereira up off the ground when got a boot in the chest, and some of your fans applauding it.

You will be unsurprised and delighted to know Palhiñha was voted our Man of the Match. You can watch his highlights here.
Only it should have been a red. The play acting is just embarrassing.

Fair play for coming on here, (always enjoy your posts).

Fulham tactics under Silva, are just anti-football, I’ve never seen so many head injuries in one game. Yes, Palhinha did pull a player up, and maybe there is some light in that he was embarrassed by it all…. but it’s cheating supporters,.

For me, any player holding their face should go off for review by a medic, and nor return until cleared.

Understandably, goodwill will wear off when the above takes place.

Dirty Dave

Aug 28, 2006
Worthing
If the ref had shown a red on field, I don't think VAR would have intervened, sent him to the monitor and then the ref overturn it to a yellow

Uh_huh_him

Sep 28, 2011
Yeah, he got away with one there. As I said earlier, it perhaps evens up the the yellow he got for cleanly tackling Lamptey last season and Mitoma getting away with almost garroting Harry Wilson in about the 62nd minute, so it's all square innit?
As for the singing of 'You're only here for the Fulham', it was in jest - we had our tongues firmly in our cheeks, although it seems the last 2 seasons have changed some of the general goodwill towards us from some Albion fans.

As for playacting, it's been a feature this season that opponents go down as if shot when they get anywhere near Palhiñha, including yesterday. I don't approve of it, so it was doubly nice to see Palhiñha pulling Pereira up off the ground when got a boot in the chest, and some of your fans applauding it.

You will be unsurprised and delighted to know Palhiñha was voted our Man of the Match. You can watch his highlights here.

I seem ro recall this one was a last ditch tackle where the intent was man and ball, wasn't it?
Palhinha got the ball, but I'm pretty sure he dived in, out of control and only got the ball because Lamptey knocked the ball into Palinha's path.
If Baleba/Caicedo/Bissouma had done the same for us, we would be claiming it as an incredible precision tackle too, but getting the ball doesn't necessarily mean it's not a yellow card offence.

VAR looking at an elbow in the face and deciding it isn't a red card decision, for a player that goes on to be the most influential player on the pitch, and score the equaliser, doesn't even that up, no.

Last edited:

osgood

Apr 17, 2011
brighton
I agree that it was the upper arm and not the elbow, which is just as well, as had it been the elbow then we could have been looking at a really serious injury, as it was definitely a 'definitive swinging motion and deliberate act'!

How can they possibly not see that on replay? In real time, yes, it's hard to see, but on replay it's as clear as day.
The VAR man on Sunday , was none other than our old friend, PETER BANKS :(

Horses Arse

Jun 25, 2004
here and there
Only it should have been a red. The play acting is just embarrassing.

Fair play for coming on here, (always enjoy your posts).

Fulham tactics under Silva, are just anti-football, I’ve never seen so many head injuries in one game. Yes, Palhinha did pull a player up, and maybe there is some light in that he was embarrassed by it all…. but it’s cheating supporters,.

For me, any player holding their face should go off for review by a medic, and nor return until cleared.

Understandably, goodwill will wear off when the above takes place.
Yep, I dont go to football to be irritated, pissed off for weeks and have any entertainment removed from the game but that is what Fulham do. It would be OK for a team struggling at the arse end of the table with no hope but Fulham can play. They just choose to spoil.

I'm wondering whether I'll bother going to a Fulham game at the Amex again, it is just turned to shit by Silva and 11 cheating pricks. It is poor that a team can generate that sort of feeling year after year, must get so boring to watch for Fulham fans but they just don't seem to care.

osgood

Apr 17, 2011
brighton
Yep, I dont go to football to be irritated, pissed off for weeks and have any entertainment removed from the game but that is what Fulham do. It would be OK for a team struggling at the arse end of the table with no hope but Fulham can play. They just choose to spoil.

I'm wondering whether I'll bother going to a Fulham game at the Amex again, it is just turned to shit by Silva and 11 cheating pricks. It is poor that a team can generate that sort of feeling year after year, must get so boring to watch for Fulham fans but they just don't seem to care.
Shameless

BrightonCottager

Sep 30, 2013
Brighton

Last season's fixture was the first time I've seen us do that and we don't do it every game. It's a shame that it seems to be saved for the game at the Amex as there is such a rich history of us sharing players and managers (see article in Sunday's programme). You're right, we can play - although certainly didn't in the first half on Sunday - and it's not pretty to watch. But I truly believe that the playacting and shithousery is getting worse among all EPL clubs and should be stamped out , in a manner of speaking. If your players had done more of it on Sunday, perhaps you'd have held on to your lead and wouldn't care so much!

Machiavelli

Oct 11, 2013
Fiveways
Last season's fixture was the first time I've seen us do that and we don't do it every game. It's a shame that it seems to be saved for the game at the Amex as there is such a rich history of us sharing players and managers (see article in Sunday's programme). You're right, we can play - although certainly didn't in the first half on Sunday - and it's not pretty to watch. But I truly believe that the playacting and shithousery is getting worse among all EPL clubs and should be stamped out , in a manner of speaking. If your players had done more of it on Sunday, perhaps you'd have held on to your lead and wouldn't care so much!
What you're not being told is that we did our fair share of it under CH when we got promoted to the PL.

drew

Drew
Oct 3, 2006
Burgess Hill
If the ref had shown a red on field, I don't think VAR would have intervened, sent him to the monitor and then the ref overturn it to a yellow
Since when is a deliberate elbow in the face only a yellow whether it's given instantly, after VAR review or the ref seeing it on the monitor.

Reactions: cjd

BluesRockDJ

Jan 24, 2020
Speaking of officials, I see we have the comedy actor Steve Martin on asst VAR duties at Goodison Park on Saturday .......what could possibly go wrong ?

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
That's how VAR works now. The on field ref is King.

This is bollocks. VAR should be king.

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
Speaking of officials, I see we have the comedy actor Steve Martin on asst VAR duties at Goodison Park on Saturday .......what could possibly go wrong ?
1698778225403.png

Horses Arse

Jun 25, 2004
here and there
Cheers for the measured response, much appreciated. I think Silva and Emre etc are leading the PL toward getting worse, it really is an ugly stain on the PL. Really do not want to see us doing it, mitoma diving from.time to time pisses me off enough. Just play, surly not that hard - it would be so much more enjoyable fir all.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here