Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

No Frutos

nutter

Jul 6, 2003
Brighton
Can't help but think this isn't right.He is a very good player on his day.Admitidley he wasn't brilliant last year but his confidence was down.Give him a chance I say....Unless he's been sold or something??

1066gull

I am a fan of Frutos, but if Doug Loft is better than Ale la Fruit, than god help us :nono:

227 BHA

Jul 5, 2003
Findon Valley, Worthing
Frutos did get chances last year though but sadly he failed to take them. In fact every time he set foot on the pitch for the first team he was shocking :nono:

Hardly surprising Wilkins lost patience with him really. Its a real shame as we all know he has the talent:down:

The Face

H Block
Jan 24, 2007
BN2
My brother saw him today in Churchill Square with Georges Santos.

Why wasn't he in the squad for the Worthing game though? Surely a good pre-season is exactly what he needs. Have to say he really doesn't seem to be in Wilkins' plans.

dougdeep

May 9, 2004
SUNNY SEAFORD
Wilkins said every player in the squad with the exception of Hart and Whing played today. So I guess Frutos is no longer available.

Yorkie

Sussex born and bred
Jul 5, 2003
dahn sarf
Maybe Wilkins is anti French? Bertin gone, he hardly played Bakayogo when he was here on loan and now Frutos is missing? ;)

sir danny cullip

Feb 14, 2004
Burgess Hill
Frutos may have been poor last year but at times the season before he was tearing championship defences apart and was probably one of our best players. Should have been given a new chance for a new season always seems a really genuine guy when he's interviewed etc

blockhseagull

Jan 30, 2006
Southampton
Seems a shame, as was quality the season we played in the Championship.

Last season didn't seem to happen for him, was poor on most occasions we actually saw him.

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
The amazing point about Frutos is that DW had the opportunity at the end of seasion to put him on the transfer list either free or for a small fee but he didnt, he chose to retain him, so what is happening?

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
The amazing point about Frutos is that DW had the opportunity at the end of seasion to put him on the transfer list either free or for a small fee but he didnt, he chose to retain him, so what is happening?

With our frugal financial situation it is indeed a total nonsense keeping a player on the books who is not being played.

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
Hinsh and Hart had minor knocks and Whing a virus so DWsaid on SCR. So that puts Frutos outside of 2 more players who can play midfield or defence so he is not in the top 8 midfielders at the club?

Superseagull

Jul 8, 2003
Could be that he is at another club on trial? I think after his first season with us we could have sold him for a good bit of money as he looked a decent championship standard player.

Stoaty Ferret

Jul 11, 2003
Brighton
If he can get his head straight he would be a force in this division. On his day his pace and direct running would cause havoc against defences in this division. Its clear he has found it difficult settle over here but he undoubtedly has talent. Hope the management team can get the best out of him this season - we do need someone on the left (Cox on the right).

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here