Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

No Direct Millitary action against IS

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
Not so sure they are winning. If they were winning, it would be on the news. There has been a noticeable dearth of news from Fallujah, and Ramadi.

Baghdad was under siege for quite a while, but the Iraqi army beat IS back. As I said previously, there are sections where IS is in control, but they haven't conquered the whole country.

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
I think you both might be a little bit hysterical.

Britain is a safe country - our police forces are doing a great job thwarting any potential terror attacks (frequently "masterminded" by 17 year old disenfranchised & brainwashed British-Muslims).

ISIS are not sending fighters here to get us - not NOW, not TODAY, not never - they need all the men they can get fighting their war in Syria & Iraq.

Cameron's scaremongering is not useful, this kind of public hysteria is not useful. I am curious as to why our leader would say things that are quite clearly aimed at inducing fear upon the British public, at a time where he should be calling for calm.

On the contrary, I think that article is reassuring.

daveinprague

Oct 1, 2009
Prague, Czech Republic
Baghdad was under siege for quite a while, but the Iraqi army beat IS back. As I said previously, there are sections where IS is in control, but they haven't conquered the whole country.

and when was that? Some time ago. Since then, Iraqi forces moved towards Ramadi, with the laughable intention of taking it back in a week, then decided to surround Falluja instead, to isolate Ramadi. Not heard nothing since about it really.

Britain is a safe country - our police forces are doing a great job thwarting any potential terror attacks (frequently "masterminded" by 17 year old disenfranchised & brainwashed British-Muslims).

ISIS are not sending fighters here to get us - not NOW, not TODAY, not never - they need all the men they can get fighting their war in Syria & Iraq.

Cameron's scaremongering is not useful, this kind of public hysteria is not useful. I am curious as to why our leader would say things that are quite clearly aimed at inducing fear upon the British public, at a time where he should be calling for calm.

I really hope you're right,I fear you may be wrong.

alfredmizen

Banned
Mar 11, 2015
Not so sure they are winning. If they were winning, it would be on the news. There has been a noticeable dearth of news from Fallujah, and Ramadi.
You could try and sound a little less smug you treacherous wanker.

Buzzer

Languidly Clinical
Oct 1, 2006

On the one hand we have you telling us that everything is fine and on the other hand the British security forces have this as the current threat of a terrorist attack in the UK:
x2un1f.jpg

https://www.mi5.gov.uk/home/the-threats/terrorism/threat-levels.html

Now...who am I to believe - you or MI5?

Uncle Spielberg

NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003
Lancing

You are WRONG

daveinprague

Oct 1, 2009
Prague, Czech Republic

Buzzer

Languidly Clinical
Oct 1, 2006
Its been severe for some considerable time.hasnt it?

Yes. And one wonders how many attacks a month the security services are thwarting but it takes just one to slip through the net for it to become a fact. I kind of get the feeling that you think that because the threat has been severe for some time that in fact, the threat is being overplayed.

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey

daveinprague

Oct 1, 2009
Prague, Czech Republic
Yes. And one wonders how many attacks a month the security services are thwarting but it takes just one to slip through the net for it to become a fact. I kind of get the feeling that you think that because the threat has been severe for some time that in fact, the threat is being overplayed.

No, just that its been severe for some time, and likely to stay that way for the forseeable

glasfryn

cleaning up cat sick
Nov 29, 2005
somewhere in Eastbourne
come out of Europe
close the borders other than to let in and out those we want in and out
keep what Army we have left to protect our own.

Buzzer

Languidly Clinical
Oct 1, 2006
I think Buzzer refers to my faith in the British public not to vote in a Conservative government again which, sadly, I was wrong about.

And the Greens being returned in Brighton and predictions of massive civil disobedience at the very recent anti-austerity demo and Russell Brand inspiring millions in the UK to change the way they think and Syriza leading a charge across the whole of Europe against austerity for a hard-left alliance and a whole host of other ones that I forget about. You also last week predicted a stunning success for Syriza in their negotiations with Troika creditors and you've backed Jeremy Corbyn in the Labour leadership elections.

NSC's very own Ancient Mariner.

wellquickwoody

Many More Voting Years
NSC Patron
Aug 10, 2007
Melbourne

I really hope those words do not come back to haunt you, cos I will be the first to remind you of them.

JCL666

absurdism
Sep 23, 2011
The home grown terrorist is not a new phenomena.

A very good comparison is European left wing terrorism throughout the last century (and continuing into this one).

Shutting borders won't stop it, because it's ideological not geographical.

That is different to fighting ISIS in a ground war. Unfortunately even with the UN or NATO, the required alliances to do that are complicated and subsequently I am not entirely sure how it can be managed.

Chicken Run

Member Since Jul 2003
NSC Patron
Jul 17, 2003
Valley of Hangleton
I wonder if people remember several years ago, when Britain was aiding and militarising The Free Syrian Army, when I warned against it, as we were both inadvertently and directly militarising pre-ISIS Jihadist rebels at that time.

That turned out to be a crucial action on the ISIS timeline. A catastrophic one at that.

Additionally, I predicted that if Gaddafi was ousted from power, then the country would descend into civil war. I said it was a country that needed a strong and secular leader - and I was right about that too.

I can't be right all the time, but I have good track record when it comes to Middle Eastern affairs, unfortunately. I think Buzzer refers to my faith in the British public not to vote in a Conservative government again which, sadly, I was wrong about.

Yeah well a broken clock is right twice a day…

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here