Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

NO Croft, Buckley, Orlandy, conway, Hoskins, Bridcutt and No realistic chance!!!

Seagulls56

Oct 20, 2013
Don't refer to me as happy clapper you patronising prick!! and I won't be one back!! So we had 23 shots on target in the last 5 games not counting Blackburn and scored 0 goals, tell me how that's Oscars Fault? I wasn't telling you how to support your team I was pointing out you ain't going to enjoy every game. and that to excel in football you need money and players.

Tell me how he can justify telling the team to sit back and take the draw after Barnsley went down to ten men ????

Feb 14, 2010
Agree OG has had a harder job than Poyet but they did have a chance and have just thrown it away by showing no fight or desire. I cant work out why but it feels like neither the players or the club wanted promotion this year. Certainly the players dont deserve to be playing in front of 30000 in the Championship

Surf's Up

Jul 17, 2011
Here
Burnley? No big bucks there, don't agree with you. if its about big bucks why are Forest struggling and QPR not getting automatic promotion.

I was referring to the way OG wants to play, to play that way (ie the Barca/Spanish way not the Burnley way) you have to have the players capable of doing it. They cost money.

Rookie

Greetings
Feb 8, 2005
I don't think I'm alone with these thoughts, but for me I wasn't expecting Oscar to achieve the same as last season, not by a long shot and by that I mean overall league position, what I did expect from him was some sort of style of play, some direction and intention, there has been no evidence of this all season. That's why I'm frustrated.

Interesting you say frustrated, that is exactly what I think Oscar is currently feeling.
He came in at the start of the season with ideas how to improve a team that included Bridcutt, Crofts, Barnes, Buckley, Orlandi. I would imagine that included how to get more goals from Crofts (working before injury), getting more from Buckley and freeing up Orlandi to do his thing. Obviously injuries can't be blamed on anyone but failing to replace those that have left or been injured for a long term has cost us and severely limited what Oscar has to work with. It must be very difficult to get a cohesive style of football when you lose, very, important players on seemingly a weekly basis. I would challenge any team in this league to suffer the amount of injuries we have to important players and still play good football.
In no way do I think a man who grew up at Barca (and trusted by them to coach their next generation), chosen by Cruyff to assist him before being recommended to take over at another club is happy with a team scoring as few as we do. He is limited in what else he can do because of a disastrous January.

DarrenFreemansPerm

⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️
Sep 28, 2010
Shoreham
Interesting you say frustrated, that is exactly what I think Oscar is currently feeling.
He came in at the start of the season with ideas how to improve a team that included Bridcutt, Crofts, Barnes, Buckley, Orlandi. I would imagine that included how to get more goals from Crofts (working before injury), getting more from Buckley and freeing up Orlandi to do his thing. Obviously injuries can't be blamed on anyone but failing to replace those that have left or been injured for a long term has cost us and severely limited what Oscar has to work with. It must be very difficult to get a cohesive style of football when you lose, very, important players on seemingly a weekly basis. I would challenge any team in this league to suffer the amount of injuries we have to important players and still play good football.
In no way do I think a man who grew up at Barca (and trusted by them to coach their next generation), chosen by Cruyff to assist him before being recommended to take over at another club is happy with a team scoring as few as we do. He is limited in what else he can do because of a disastrous January.

Being that January was such a massive cock up by the club why didn't we use the loan market better? We get Obika and Derby get Patrick Bamford?? There have been quality players available but we haven't acquired any of them.
Regarding Oscar, he may well be feeling frustrated and if he is he needs to do something about it, put more attacking players on the pitch and drop Lingard for a start, the kid is weak in every aspect of his game, try KLL from the off and see how that goes, starting with a flat back with Andrews sitting so deep he's between Greer and Upson is poor, but then we usually have another defensive midfielder in Ince stood just in front of him :shrug: let's live a little eh Oscar, please let us see some of that attacking football you spoke of so proudly, not this turgid defensive crap.

Machiavelli

Oct 11, 2013
Fiveways

This post is spot on :thumbsup:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here