Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] No clubs currently in for Gus...

DTES

Jul 7, 2003
London
I'd be very surprised if nobody is in for him - and I'd also be very surprised if we make any announcement while that is the case. Much better for the suspension malarkey to be brought to an end by somebody giving us £2.5m for Poyet's services than by us paying him £2.5m compensation, or even for a net £0 on a mutual-consent departure. I can't see him staying for next season so surely they are the three options... and why rush either of the latter options is the former is still a possibility......?

Man of Harveys

Jul 9, 2003
Brighton, UK
Maybe he will have to go home and play golf after all. He threatened it enough times.

Maybe the excellent and much-discussed NSC flounce smiley should be tinkered with to resemble Gus holding a nine iron.

portslade seagull

Jul 19, 2003
portslade
Think he has burnt his bridge's here but not much is surfacing over the other side, so a self imposed holiday now looms for some-one who has got to big for his boots

Binney on acid

NSC Patron
Nov 30, 2003
Shoreham
Apparently the Crawley manager has just signed a new contract. I was looking forward to Gus leading them out at The Amex in the cup.

Kaiser_Soze

Who is Kaiser Soze??
Apr 14, 2008
Wigan is probably the most likely option now that Martinez appears on his way. Similar style of football, European football, more money to spend. It would be a good stepping stone and a successful European campaign might well put him on the radar of a top 6 side for his next move.

HenryC

Mar 27, 2010
South West!
Wigan is probably the most likely option now that Martinez appears on his way. Similar style of football, European football, more money to spend. It would be a good stepping stone and a successful European campaign might well put him on the radar of a top 6 side for his next move.

Who gives a sh1t about Poyets future? He obviously doesn't care about us...

Black Rod

Jan 19, 2013
I can't imagine that Bill Kenwright, a man who has had the lack of budget he has offered to David Moyes consistently scrutinised, is going to be too enthralled by a manager who has been given a pretty generous budget in his previous job yet still felt the need to constantly complain about it. Likewise David Whelan.

That's probably why nobody has come in for Gus.

jimhigham

Je Suis Rhino
Apr 25, 2009
Woking
If no club came looking for him it would be very interesting to see which way Gus jumped next. It would be fascinating if he had to put up with managing us for another year KNOWING that getting us to the Premier League was the only realistic way of putting himself in the shop window.

Seems thoroughly unlikely though if his house is up for sale. It seems as though he has burnt his bridges with us.

Rugrat

Mar 13, 2011
Seaford
If no club came looking for him it would be very interesting to see which way Gus jumped next. It would be fascinating if he had to put up with managing us for another year KNOWING that getting us to the Premier League was the only realistic way of putting himself in the shop window.

Seems thoroughly unlikely though if his house is up for sale. It seems as though he has burnt his bridges with us.

No way this situation is recoverable. It's increasingly looking like there wasn't another club waiting and it's difficult to see where he will end up. As Seagulls over Essex says an overseas club may well be most likely

Surf's Up

Jul 17, 2011
Here
I can't imagine that Bill Kenwright, a man who has had the lack of budget he has offered to David Moyes consistently scrutinised, is going to be too enthralled by a manager who has been given a pretty generous budget in his previous job yet still felt the need to constantly complain about it. Likewise David Whelan.

That's probably why nobody has come in for Gus.

This, I think GP is going to find it difficult to convince a Premier league or Championship chairman that he's going to behave any differently than he has been with us over the last couple of years. Spain or S America more likely IMO.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
A lower Premier League team WILL take a punt on him. Probably a month or two into next season when he'll walk out on the Championship/League One team he'll be at within a couple of weeks.

Seagull over Canaryland

Feb 8, 2011
Norfolk
I don't see how you can conclude that no clubs are currently in for Gus. It is possible that he doesn't have any obvious suitors but I'm suspect he will be in demand but maybe not the range of options he might have had a month ago.

I just think that any interested Clubs are just quietly waiting below the radar for the conclusion of the situation at The Amex otherwise they could risk get drawn into the current investigation and be vulnerable to suggestions of tapping him up. They would be well advised to make their move once the discipline process is over. They will know that such procedures are confidential and would be very unwise to declare their interest right now, unless they are so ruthless and minted that they just don't care how they get their man and are willing to pay up. In which case they should be hammered by The Albion.

withdeanwombat

Feb 17, 2005
Somersetshire
As Albion supporters WE'VE helped to inflate Poyet's image. Sometimes his teams have performed wonderfully. Other times he's been outflanked by some tip top managers like Allardyce. Whatever, you can imagine discussions at premiership board meetings.

"Well our managers gone. Any ideas anybody ?"

"We could go for Laudrup. You know, pay off Swansea."

"Has Mourinho actually signed for anyone yet ?"

"Tony Pul.........no,sorry."

"Michael Owen with a director of football ? "

"There's Poyet"

"Who ?"

Rugrat

Mar 13, 2011
Seaford
I just think that any interested Clubs are just quietly waiting below the radar for the conclusion of the situation at The Amex otherwise they could risk get drawn into the current investigation and be vulnerable to suggestions of tapping him up. They would be well advised to make their move once the discipline process is over. They will know that such procedures are confidential and would be very unwise to declare their interest right now, unless they are so ruthless and minted that they just don't care how they get their man and are willing to pay up. In which case they should be hammered by The Albion.

If they weren't tapping him up they have nothing to fear and anyway getting him off our hands without having to conclude things would be much easier for TB/PB. Paying up his contract to land him will be pretty inconsequential to most Prem clubs.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here