Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

No Car Park C on Saturday

mlg57

Oct 20, 2006
Milton Keynes
So how long does it take to get back to Car Parks 1,2 and 3.I normally use the bridge and can be away in about 30 mins from final whistle.

227 BHA

Jul 5, 2003
Findon Valley, Worthing
So how long does it take to get back to Car Parks 1,2 and 3.I normally use the bridge and can be away in about 30 mins from final whistle.

We use the uni car park 1, we never leave before the final whistle and then it's a 10 minute walk and we usually drive straight out with little or no queuing. Used the bridge 2 seasons ago and hated it. Uni miles better, on a good day I can pull into my driveway in Worthing at 5.30pm or 35 mins after the final whistle.

227 BHA

Jul 5, 2003
Findon Valley, Worthing
So what is the bridge like now? (and I wonder how much busier it will be than usual on Saturday) - really not looking forward to using it again so seriously considering using Mill Road park and ride as I think it might actually be easier and quicker?

Green Cross Code Man

Wunt be druv
Mar 30, 2006
Eastbourne
So what is the bridge like now? (and I wonder how much busier it will be than usual on Saturday) - really not looking forward to using it again so seriously considering using Mill Road park and ride as I think it might actually be easier and quicker?

Well I don't know what Bozza's tips were but as for the bridge, unless you can get away quickly and walk/trot down after the game, then sometimes the wait is pretty bad. 30 or 40 minutes in my experience. I like to park at the top as that seems to be the best bet for getting away as it's near the exit. Even when busy it can move well, but that depends on the way the stewards are operating. Usually they manage the queues will these days. If for some reason they are not doing their job properly, then you'll also have a longer wait. Occasionally, people snarl up the small part of road at the traffic lights just after the bridge. That can also cause problems. And then there's pedestrians who cross the road or walk through the bridge and slow things down a lot.

I hate the bridge car park, it's far worse than the uni and unless it's an evening game, I always stay for a pint after the game nowadays and avoid the rush.

Mackenzie

Old Brightonian
Nov 7, 2003
East Wales
We park in the uni and my dad who has mobility issues but not enough to get a blue badge uses the shuttle bus.

However this weekend we have to park in the bridge and therefore he can't attend the game.
That seems a shame. I took my uncle to the stadium for the Blackburn game, his first visit. Like your dad he has mobility issues so I tried to get a disabled space/shuttle bus at the Uni. Unfortunately I'd left it too late so there wasn't any parking spaces. We got around this by dropping him off outside the stadium on Village Way, parking at the Bridge Carpark, then assisting once I'd walked back around from the Bridge (same thing getting away). It was a bit of a faff but doable.

Since1982

Sep 30, 2006
Burgess Hill
Well I don't know what Bozza's tips were but as for the bridge, unless you can get away quickly and walk/trot down after the game, then sometimes the wait is pretty bad. 30 or 40 minutes in my experience. I like to park at the top as that seems to be the best bet for getting away as it's near the exit. Even when busy it can move well, but that depends on the way the stewards are operating. Usually they manage the queues will these days. If for some reason they are not doing their job properly, then you'll also have a longer wait. Occasionally, people snarl up the small part of road at the traffic lights just after the bridge. That can also cause problems. And then there's pedestrians who cross the road or walk through the bridge and slow things down a lot.

I hate the bridge car park, it's far worse than the uni and unless it's an evening game, I always stay for a pint after the game nowadays and avoid the rush.

Possibly a daft question but I've not parked there before so is the exit the same as the entrance?

jgmcdee

Mar 25, 2012
Possibly a daft question but I've not parked there before so is the exit the same as the entrance?

Yes it is. The bottleneck isn't the road under the bridge but the traffic lights when rejoining the A270.

You have two options if you want to get out quick. You either arrive very early and park as close to the exit as you can, or you park as close to the NE corner i.e. the bit nearest the AmEx and leg it back as fast as you can after the game.

If you're not in a rush then just hang around for half an hour or so before heading to the car park and it'll be relatively clear.

Vegas Seagull

Jul 10, 2009
Cheers guys, my driver needs to be fast out, is it safe to say if you leave 5 mins before end you can be out of front of most & away in 5 mins from anywhere in car park? Cheers

Green Cross Code Man

Wunt be druv
Mar 30, 2006
Eastbourne
Cheers guys, my driver needs to be fast out, is it safe to say if you leave 5 mins before end you can be out of front of most & away in 5 mins from anywhere in car park? Cheers
I would imagine that would be fine. Most times if I'm quick after the final whistle, i am back on the a27 within minutes of being back in my car. But it doesn't always work like that, probably as i always stay until the end.

Vegas Seagull

Jul 10, 2009
I would imagine that would be fine. Most times if I'm quick after the final whistle, i am back on the a27 within minutes of being back in my car. But it doesn't always work like that, probably as i always stay until the end.

Cheers, sounds like the plan, as long as they haven't oversold the spaces of taking a chance that a 'normal' number of no shows occur, which may well be at a lower level tomorrow...

Puppet Master

non sequitur
Aug 14, 2012
My advice would be to avoid Uni parking if poss, it's rammed enough every arrivals weekend. It will be carnage and lots of mums and dads cluelessly swerving around not knowing where to go.

severnside gull

May 16, 2007
By the seaside in West Somerset
Disabled car park at the Uni was near empty. Stewards didn't even bother staying until after the game and busses the most underused I've seen. Presumably down to the random issue of closed notices at the Blackburn game :shrug:

Mo Gosfield

Aug 11, 2010
Bridge car park was rammed full and took us 30 mins + to get out. Stewards were doing reasonable job but by not letting an equal number go from each direction within the car park, they were leaving themselves open and tempers were getting frayed. I think they made the mistake of thinking that they were obliged to let more of the main body go at any one time i.e they were letting fewer go out from the top end of the car park ( nearer the exit )
Difficult scenario but needed clearer plan in place.

Vegas Seagull

Jul 10, 2009
Bridge car park was rammed full and took us 30 mins + to get out. Stewards were doing reasonable job but by not letting an equal number go from each direction within the car park, they were leaving themselves open and tempers were getting frayed. I think they made the mistake of thinking that they were obliged to let more of the main body go at any one time i.e they were letting fewer go out from the top end of the car park ( nearer the exit )
Difficult scenario but needed clearer plan in place.

We had a 20 minute wait & in the 10 mins before we got out all of the exits were from the top....

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here