Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

No Bridge tonight?

Kazenga <3

Test 805843
Feb 28, 2010
Team c/r HQ
Buckley is poor up front, in the way we utilise him there anyway. He thrives with space behind a player where he can just push it past and go. Ineffective receiving the ball with his back to goal and defender tight on him. Also has no aerial threat whatsoever. Would rather see Kaz up front, he is incredibly good at receiving the ball with a player up his arse and just rolling past him, could work well centrally, push past the centre back then smash it, at least one of his shots would go in the top corner.

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
Let's just hope Bridge is fit for Sunday. Was very bad timing him missing that game at shitehurst.

Pantani

Il Pirata
Dec 3, 2008
Newcastle
Buckley is poor up front, in the way we utilise him there anyway. He thrives with space behind a player where he can just push it past and go. Ineffective receiving the ball with his back to goal and defender tight on him. Also has no aerial threat whatsoever. Would rather see Kaz up front, he is incredibly good at receiving the ball with a player up his arse and just rolling past him, could work well centrally, push past the centre back then smash it, at least one of his shots would go in the top corner.

Nailed it on Buckley, completely wrong on Lua Lua. His positional sense is appalling, he would be marked out of the game by any half decent centre back. I suppose he could play just behind a striker but that would hardly solve the lack of striking options.

nwgull

Jul 25, 2003
Manchester
Has KLL even travelled? He was an unused sub against Bristol City, when the game was crying out for a bit of spark, and didn't even make the bench on Saturday.

Kazenga <3

Test 805843
Feb 28, 2010
Team c/r HQ
Nailed it on Buckley, completely wrong on Lua Lua. His positional sense is appalling, he would be marked out of the game by any half decent centre back. I suppose he could play just behind a striker but that would hardly solve the lack of striking options.

Lua Lua would be awful up top most likely, I would just like to see somebody **** one in from long distance for a change.

Edit: wow even the T word resembling 'twit' is filtered now? Seems a bit extreme.

SIMMO SAYS

Jul 31, 2012
Incommunicado
Has KLL even travelled? He was an unused sub against Bristol City, when the game was crying out for a bit of spark, and didn't even make the bench on Saturday.

Pretty sure I saw his motor parked up at the ground as I drove past 7.30am this morning.

Pantani

Il Pirata
Dec 3, 2008
Newcastle
Lua Lua would be awful up top most likely, I would just like to see somebody **** one in from long distance for a change

Now there is something we can all agree on, for some reason we have stopped shooting from distance again, surely Orlandi and Dave have a 30 yard screamer in their locker.

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
You really think that Ulloa is going to be fit and playing for 90 mins for the next four games? Who do we bring on if he is misfiring or tweaks something in those games?

No but I reckon he can probably play an average of 75 mins in each game, so we only need Buckley or Vicente etc to cover for 1 hour total, or Barker in games if we're 2 or 3 up.

somerset

Jul 14, 2003
Yatton, North Somerset
Don't agree. We play one up top. I reckon we could still squeak it.
Ha, that hasnt worked for us in nearly two seasons,.. in case you havnt noticed, we dont score many goals.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Now there is something we can all agree on, for some reason we have stopped shooting from distance again, surely Orlandi and Dave have a 30 yard screamer in their locker.
Other than Buckley's latest corner jape, and Bruno swinging is foot at anything.

Prior to us getting Upson in at the 11th hour, I'd convinced myself it wouldn't be a complete disaster if Hammond dropped back a position.
Using the same logic ie 'get him the fook out of midfield', maybe he could do a job, up top.

Although Calde should play up front, cos he's lush.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
We have missed Bridge when he has been out because Calderon is poor at left back, a decent right back but lost as left back.
As opposed to all the other full backs in the country, who don't care what side they play on.

severnside gull

May 16, 2007
By the seaside in West Somerset
Of the younger set Barker, KLL, JFC & Dunk are all with the squad for tonight. Have a feeling you g George might get a debut at some point.
Thinking Greer might see some action tonight (AeA currently on 9 bookings?)
Calde at left back.

HastingsSeagull

Jan 13, 2010
BGC Manila
I know it's been banded about a bit on here but I reckon LuaLua could play up front. Lost a bit of his pace, yes, but he has a great shot on him. As for Bridge, really need him for Palace so happy for him to be rested for tonight if required.

Still disagree and think Buckley is a striker BUT that said it would mean LuaLua could come in as a winger. Just don't see him back to goal or even running onto things, LuaLua is good coming onto the ball (passed back/sideways) OR running WITH it not onto it.

Jimmy Grimble

Genuinely wouldn't be surprised if we see Calderon make a cameo appearance up-front before the season end.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here