Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

No Brian O'Driscoll for the Lions vs Australia 3rd Test!...

somerset

Jul 14, 2003
Yatton, North Somerset
...I can't help but feel Australia didn't really care too much about winning.

That is hilarious, missing the point that the Aussie captain was crying at the end of the second test after their narrow win, also missing the point that Berrick Barnes (51 caps) said in an interview that the Lions series was bigger and more important to the Aussies than the rugby world cup...

Bold Seagull

strong and stable with me, or...
Mar 18, 2010
Hove
Clearly a British and Irish Lions team with 15 starting players from one country would be wrong, so where do you draw the line? What if the side is drawn from 2 countries exclusively? I think The Lions management got away with it, just about.

Really? I thought the Lions was about picking the 15 best players from 4 countries. Picking inferior players just because you're down on your quota isn't what the Lions is about, that would devalue your place in the side. If 10 or 12 or 15 Welshman make the best Lion's starting line up, then that's what should picked to my mind. Gatland didn't get away with it, they picked their best starting team they felt they had. And they were right.

somerset

Jul 14, 2003
Yatton, North Somerset
Really? I thought the Lions was about picking the 15 best players from 4 countries. Picking inferior players just because you're down on your quota isn't what the Lions is about, that would devalue your place in the side. If 10 or 12 or 15 Welshman make the best Lion's starting line up, then that's what should picked to my mind. Gatland didn't get away with it, they picked their best starting team they felt they had. And they were right.

I agree tbh , but playing devils wotsit, the Celtic nations frequently bleat like hell when a high quota of Englishmen get starts......they can't have it both ways.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here