Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

No ball boys?!

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
Glad others noticed it. Was infuriating today. Sort it out BHA!

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
Why not flog the ballboy slots on a match by match basis in the same way as they do the mascots? Give 'em a free stadium tour, an hour's worth of training and a mention in the programme or whatever. They could hardly do worse than the current set of disinterested slackers and would probably be a damn sight more enthusiastic about it.

One Teddy Maybank

NSC Patron
Aug 4, 2006
Worthing
Why not flog the ballboy slots on a match by match basis in the same way as they do the mascots? Give 'em a free stadium tour, an hour's worth of training and a mention in the programme or whatever. They could hardly do worse than the current set of disinterested slackers and would probably be a damn sight more enthusiastic about it.

:thumbsup:

seagullsovergrimsby

#cpfctinpotclub
Aug 21, 2005
Crap Town
Other clubs use their academy players to act as ballboys for games , gives them an incentive to think that if they succeed they will be playing on the scared turf.

Mellor 3 Ward 4

Jul 27, 2004
saaf of the water
Other clubs use their academy players to act as ballboys for games , gives them an incentive to think that if they succeed they will be playing on the scared turf.

I have no problem using the Academy boys, but they need to get their act together.

We're a goal down, and the players are having to run 40 yards to get the ball.

Sharpen up, or get the old ball boys back.

Eddiespearritt

May 23, 2012
Central Europe
It was ridiculous today - Millwall started from the first minute with time wasting at every throw in, corner, free kick - and we played into their hands by having no ball boys willing to retrieve the ball. The multiple ball system at Withdean often created real momentum in our attacking but it seems no-one cares now if the playing time is frittered away waiting for a ball to be returned. Our players and manager spent a lot of time getting the ball back for Millwall. As for the police and stewards watching the Millwall idiot hiding the ball twice in a couple of minutes, you do wonder what their job really is. Pathetic.

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
Everybody in the crowd could see the bloke in the red shirt put the ball down by his feet so what happened to this brilliant CCTV we have which can pin point every seat and they could then send plod to sort it .

Lindfield by the Pond

Jan 10, 2009
Lindfield (near the pond)
Academy boys need to sharpen up their act then. If they want to be in the first team, trying helping them as a start. At times I thought they were ****ing useless.

timbha

Jul 5, 2003
Sussex
Everybody in the crowd could see the bloke in the red shirt put the ball down by his feet so what happened to this brilliant CCTV we have which can pin point every seat and they could then send plod to sort it .

a copper went and stood near him but didn't do anything.

minnieme

Sep 10, 2006
Brighton
Not that your bitter of anything ???

The difference is the club doesnt need to pay them - where as they need to pay you - simple as that, business is business.

My nephew was a ball boy, they do it for free & my daughter was one of Gully's Girls also worked for free. How is that good business?

el_ciddy

Aug 26, 2011
The fat **** would have eaten any ball boy near him. Top class from the **** having a go at his son for giving the ball back. Disgusting scum.

I felt sorry for those kids sat next to him, Dad forcing them to endue abuse directed at them from Brighton home fans. Typical police, most obvious bit of theft you'll ever see and they stand around doing nothing :)

As for the ballboys, maybe its a health and safety issue, not being allowed to jump the electronic advertising boards to get the ball.

albionite

May 20, 2009
I felt sorry for those kids sat next to him, Dad forcing them to endue abuse directed at them from Brighton home fans. Typical police, most obvious bit of theft you'll ever see and they stand around doing nothing :)

As for the ballboys, maybe its a health and safety issue, not being allowed to jump the electronic advertising boards to get the ball.

Isn't this more the case the ball boys are not allowed to jump over the electronic boards rather than they don't give a crap?

severnside gull

May 16, 2007
By the seaside in West Somerset
hi i was a ballboy last year and the beginning of this year, but we all got sacked and we have been replaced with the academies ( SO WE THEY CAN GET USED TO A 30,000 SEATER ATMOSPHERE WHICH IS COMPLETE B*LL*CKS) and they do not have a clue what they were doing, so there you have it, we 12 ballboys who knew how to do it and replaced with academy players

regrettably my observation has consistantly been in accord with that expressed by others......the ballboys seemed to interested in watching the game to actually get off their arses and retrieve the ball.

Sorry and all that. Do you have to pay to watch now or do you just not go?

severnside gull

May 16, 2007
By the seaside in West Somerset
hi i was a ballboy last year and the beginning of this year, but we all got sacked and we have been replaced with the academies ( SO WE THEY CAN GET USED TO A 30,000 SEATER ATMOSPHERE WHICH IS COMPLETE B*LL*CKS) and they do not have a clue what they were doing, so there you have it, we 12 ballboys who knew how to do it and replaced with academy players

regrettably my observation has consistantly been in accord with that expressed by others......the ballboys seemed to interested in watching the game to actually get off their arses and retrieve the ball.

Sorry and all that. Do you have to pay to watch now or do you just not go?

pottert

Aug 12, 2009
Peacehaven

Is that this year or this season.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here