Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] No arrest's at Spurs yet?

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
I was talking to an ex policeman last night who worked for the Premier League and now works for the LTA and he is convinced that they will never remove racism from football and all barring of fans etc is just a token gesture and means nothing as 2 more will take their place. It is a national problem and until that is sorted football is f....d. He said the FA and clubs were just paying homage to the media and such like and not able to tackle the problem properly.

Live by the sea

Oct 21, 2016
It’s very rare to hear any anti black or anti Jewish chants inside PL grounds nowadays so things are improving but until it doesn’t happen at all, still some way to go.

Kinky Gerbil

Im The Scatman
NSC Patron
Jul 16, 2003
hassocks
Ian Abrahams was unhappy at the Spurs fans use of “ Yid” at their ground, he said he understood that by the Spurs fans claiming the name as their own it couldn’t be used against them but stated that he’d always considered it a derogatory name for his people/religion and wished they’d stop using it.

He sounded quite upset by it I thought.

He should be really upset at the West Ham fans then....

Worst fans for racism I’ve come across

crookie

Jun 14, 2013
Back in Sussex
I was talking to an ex policeman last night who worked for the Premier League and now works for the LTA and he is convinced that they will never remove racism from football and all barring of fans etc is just a token gesture and means nothing as 2 more will take their place. It is a national problem and until that is sorted football is f....d. He said the FA and clubs were just paying homage to the media and such like and not able to tackle the problem properly.
Of course football being a microcosm of modern life, the likelihood of it disappearing in football is as likely of it disappearing in modern life. The misfortune, or perhaps the opportunity is that top level football is heavily covered by the media. Low level racist abuse in society is not

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
Would have thought by now if someone was sat next to someone at White Hart Lane on Sunday who was doing 'Monkey Chants' they would have come forward with a seat number by now?

Come on. It's 'would of' :shrug:

Cheshire Cat

The most curious thing..
Its a bit early. Kick off isn't for another fifteen hours.

father_and_son

Jan 23, 2012
Under the Police Box

I think that we can and will eradicate the public displays of racism by pushing hard along the current actions from clubs and authorities.

Punishments need to bite hard and hit the right people and it will stop monkey chants and such in grounds. You won't change what some people think or express in private but you can deter it from happening in public.

It would take generations to eradicate from all life but it will be driven from being chanted/shouted at football grounds within the next decade (it will take that long because these are some entrenched habits - beliefs even - for some people).

pastafarian

Sep 4, 2011
Sussex
That flag is turning up at spurs apparently..........seems to have really outraged some people online already.....will there be blue on blue related arrests if it manages to get in the stadium and the online keyboard rage turns into actually saying you object to it in real life?

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
Aye saw it on one report.....but as I said it seems very little has been made of it media wise..or am I mistaken

I read about the original.incident and subsequent ban in the media. Whilst it’s not been front page news it’s not been hidden away either.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Of course football being a microcosm of modern life, the likelihood of it disappearing in football is as likely of it disappearing in modern life. The misfortune, or perhaps the opportunity is that top level football is heavily covered by the media. Low level racist abuse in society is not

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

A football ground is pretty much the only place, in the country, where 'low level' racial abuse will land the perpetrator in court.

Justice

Dangerous Idiot
Jun 21, 2012
Born In Shoreham
Living in London I can tell you black people make racist remarks reasonably frequently. Obviously it’s never reported as it doesn’t suit the agenda. The world never has and never will live together in perfect harmony.

knocky1

Jan 20, 2010
Living in London I can tell you black people make racist remarks reasonably frequently. Obviously it’s never reported as it doesn’t suit the agenda. The world never has and never will live together in perfect harmony.

Unreasonably surely?

WATFORD zero

NSC Patron
Jul 10, 2003
That flag is turning up at spurs apparently..........seems to have really outraged some people online already.....will there be blue on blue related arrests if it manages to get in the stadium and the online keyboard rage turns into actually saying you object to it in real life?

With the things that seem to get you excited, you are a stranger individual than even I thought ???

rogersix

Jan 18, 2014

forgive my ignorance but, what flag?

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area

Sir Robert Mark?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here