Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

No Alcohol Beer

StillHateBellotti

Jun 17, 2011
Eastbourne
Becks or Cobra, I gave up 16 months ago and have not looked back. Would like to try some of the German one's though, but don't generally fancy them anymore either. God luck bud, hard first 6 months and then go for it.

If you prefer bitter then Harveys do a couple.

As good as any I am sure. Worst ever hangover was due to drinking four bottles of low alchohol bitter at a Christmas party because I was driving. What do they put in this stuff?

Hungry Joe

SINNEN
Oct 22, 2004
Heading for shore
Becks or Cobra, I gave up 16 months ago and have not looked back. Would like to try some of the German one's though, but don't generally fancy them anymore either. God luck bud, hard first 6 months and then go for it.

Thanks mate.

Lethargic

Oct 11, 2006
Horsham
I know it's more than 0.5% but Weltons in Horsham brew Pridenjoy (2.8%) which is supposed to be very good and indistinguishable from a standard 4% bitter.

Cheeky Monkey

Jul 17, 2003
Anyone tried the low alcohol Guinness? 2.5% or close to it I believe.

Becks has always given me a headache, alcohol or no-alcohol version. No alcohol not bad tasting though.

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
I have. Do you know anything about dodgy thyroids and alcohol?
No, sorry. I know about dodgy thyroids, but not alcohol. So do you have a dodgy thyroid, or have you had it removed?

Hungry Joe

SINNEN
Oct 22, 2004
Heading for shore
No, sorry. I know about dodgy thyroids, but not alcohol. So do you have a dodgy thyroid, or have you had it removed?

Dodgy; hypothyroidism following Hashimotos after chemo for Hodgkins Lymphoma. Currently on 25mcg of thyroxine daily.

Hungry Joe

SINNEN
Oct 22, 2004
Heading for shore
Ah - when I said ditch it, I wasn't referring to the alcohol, I was referring to the thyroid.

Haha, I did wonder. They did think about whipping it out at one stage as the goitre looked iffy. Tests didn't show anything sinister though.

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
Haha, I did wonder. They did think about whipping it out at one stage as the goitre looked iffy. Tests didn't show anything sinister though.
At least your not a woman (you're not are you?) - not good for pregnant ladies.

See-Goals

DIIIIIIIIIIIIIVE
Aug 13, 2004
Seaford
Surprised no one has mentioned Bavaria alcohol free beer. I stuck to these for the whole of the 2010 world cup as baby number 2 was due and needed to be ok to drive at a moments notice.

They beat cobra zero and Becks blue for me. Well worth a go.

Hungry Joe

SINNEN
Oct 22, 2004
Heading for shore
Surprised no one has mentioned Bavaria alcohol free beer. I stuck to these for the whole of the 2010 world cup as baby number 2 was due and needed to be ok to drive at a moments notice.

They beat cobra zero and Becks blue for me. Well worth a go.

Yes, Bavaria is ok. Do it in quite a few pubs and supermarkets now.

penny's harmonica

Jan 30, 2012
Bittburger is very good, genuinely tastes like the real thing.
Why is there no alcohol free beer on sale at the amex?. Come on barber get the beers in

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here