Nintendo Wii Sports - Golf Game

Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Giraffe's Son

Dec 3, 2007
Have only had the Wii for a couple of weeks, can anyone tell me the significance of reaching 1000 points on the golf game, which seems to make you pro level. Is it just as simple as that or do you gain access to something else?

Frutos

Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
May 3, 2006
Northumberland
When you reach 'pro' level on the bowling part of the game, you get a shiny new ball, so I would guess you get some kind of different club or something in the golf section.

:shrug:

When you reach 'pro' level on the bowling part of the game, you get a shiny new ball, so I would guess you get some kind of different club or something in the golf section.

:shrug:

no you dont, just makes you feel special.

Or not, but i think its only bowling where u get an upgraded ball.

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
Wii Golf is marvellous, but I've played those 9 holes to death now.

So yesterday I went out and bought a (pre-owned) "Pangya! Golf with Style!" for 20 squid. Typical WEIRD jap shit, but its actually bloody good. The golf swing with the Wii remote is remarkably responsive. After finding I was slicing nearly every shot, I changed my stance, twisted my wrists round a bit and VOILA ! Nailing it. Being Japanese its totally loopy of course. I actually have a paper bag with eyeballs as my "caddy", who floats around behind the ball after I've twatted it. And there's a course where you're playing off the decks of AIRCRAFT CARRIERS ffs. Oh, and then theres the dolphin caddy who I can buy, who believes he can fly and so carries a parasole around with him so he can float down to land when he learns how to take off.... ???

Anyway, the golf itself is a decent challenge and the controls are responsive enough to carry out exactly what you do with your swing. So despite the hash-induced weirdness, its a WINNER in my book.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports