"nil - nil" or "nil all"?

• nil - nil

Votes: 235 95.1%
  • nil all

Votes: 12 4.9%

• Total voters

andy1980

Feb 23, 2009
I thought nil all was american, I have also noticed roster is creeping in more and more.

Questions

Habitual User
Oct 18, 2006
Worthing
So f*** all is the new nil nil then ?

So over to Selhurst where it’s still f*** all.

Questions

Habitual User
Oct 18, 2006
Worthing
and welcome to the English Premeeeer during the regular round robin series.

Me and my Monkey

Nov 3, 2015
Everybody knows it’s nil-nil and you can’t trust anybody who says different.

On a side note the Americans use the word ‘winningest’ and it really gets to me. I’m glad I got that out on a public forum 😔
But what does winningest mean? And is there a losingest? Or even a drawingest?

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
Nil all freaks.

(Just been alerted to this thread by a report which suggests NSC ranks number 1 in Google for the term "nil all".
You're winning the internet

Green Cross Code Man

Wunt be druv
Mar 30, 2006
Eastbourne
These sort of viruses need to be stamped out as soon as it's first heard, before they spread.
Trouble is we are now living with the Youtube/Tik Tok generation. I notice creeping Americanisms all the time. One is the expression of disgust, 'eeoo' instead of the British 'Eurgh', Ladybug instead of Ladybird, Laboratory and inventory mispronounced and so on and so forth. Really irritates me when I am teaching classes and pedant that I am, I almost always correct them. The kids are bemused and do not understand.

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
And pretty amazing that the poll's still open! 😁
Was the poll there in 2004 though? I first saw this thread when it came up on the front page yesterday, and I didn't notice a poll - has that been added after the thread was bounced (and why was it bounced)??

Team nil-nil, BTW.

Cheeky Monkey

Jul 17, 2003
Not sure whether a result of previously living Stateside, but I pronounce 'paracetamol' as para-setur-mol rather than paraseetamol.

'Film' has practically died a death in Blighty. Been almost wholly replaced by 'movie'

As you were.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here