Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Nike Albion shirts - what are your thoughts?

What do you think about Nike becoming the Albion's kit supplier?

• Total voters

BN9 BHA

DOCKERS
NSC Patron
Jul 14, 2013
Newhaven
That is Wrong Direction---I told him to wear plumbing gear but he wasn't having it.
This seasons Home kit is dire------do not bother arguing because you know I'm right.

You won't get any argument from me about a stripy football shirt, I go to watch the football not to worry about how many stripes and what shade of blue we have this season.

Don't think we'll manage to sell 30k+ replica shirts like we did in the first season at Falmer. I would like to find out who the numpty was who then re-ordered which meant there was a massive overstock of brighton&hovejobs.com shirts.

"During the year 16,000 home replica shirts and 5,600 away replica shirts were sold."
(BHA Holdings Ltd - Directors Report and Financial Statements for year ending 30th June 2012)

BN9 BHA

DOCKERS
NSC Patron
Jul 14, 2013
Newhaven
image.jpg

Husty

Mooderator
Oct 18, 2008
Terrible company, template kit. There's something about this that just screams plastic, modern football at me.

Iggle Piggle

Sep 3, 2010
Is anyone really bothered? We either get a Tick, a big looking cat, 3 stripes or 2 naked birds sat back to back (at least thats how I have always imagined Kappa) on a blue and white shirt instead of a couple of shit boxes or whatever they are now.

If you really care, you've got too much time on your hands.

Pinkie Brown

I'll look after the skirt
Sep 5, 2007
Neues Zeitalter DDR
As mentioned a couple of posts earlier, I hope the new kit isn't too 'template'. Most importantly: We must retain blue n white stripes,

dejavuatbtn

Aug 4, 2010
Henfield
They will be expensive. They will be changed frequently (I did hear annually). They will be blue and white stripes, so for those not bothered about having one immediately, best bet is to wait til the end of each season for the sales!

GoingUp

Aug 14, 2011
Sussex By The Sea
Last seasons shirt was wicked, not so much this seasons. I do buy a shirt once a season to show support, sometimes wear them to a game in the summer or if Im chilling.

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
Thoughts turn to The Office:

Malcolm: There's no good news, David. It's bad news and irrelevant news.
David: Yeah, that's not a phrase though, is it? I couldn't come out and go "Oh, I've got bad news and irrelevant news."
Malcolm: You could have told us about Neil and kept your promotion to yourself.
David: Should've told you the good news first, got you happy...
Malcolm: There is no good news, David.
David: Hmm, I think promotion is generally considered good news.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
Disappointed Alexander McQueen didn't get the gig.

JJ McClure

Go Jags
Jul 7, 2003
Hassocks
Perfectly happy with Nike. They make good shirts and just as importantly they should hopefully provide an improvement on the rest of the range (training kit etc) that is currently very poor. Paul Barber has said numerous times about the level of some of the sponsorship / partnering deals being at league 1 levels and part of is job is to improve all of those. This is part of that process and wouldn't be done if it didn't bring increased commercial revenue in to the club.

edna krabappel

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here