Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Nike 2016/17 stripe fabric template -

BBassic

I changed this.
Jul 28, 2011
If I recall correctly American Express use a certain shade of white in their logo and we have to adhere to that. It's just bad bloody luck that the white Amex use and the white Nike use in the kits don't match. The iron on wouldn't look half as awful if the whites were at least the same shade.

Superphil

Dismember
Jul 7, 2003
In a pile of football shirts
I don't like our current strips, looks Sunday league. prefer Wigan & Colchester, look much nicer kits but don't know who makes them.

Wigan is Kappa, no iron on logos, Colchester is Puma, no iron on logos. :down:

Superphil

Dismember
Jul 7, 2003
Yes, errea never use large sponsor panels...

image.jpg

I would assume that is at the insistence of Aviva more than anything else. However, it doesn't look ironed on

I might also add that I must have been very lucky with the shirts I have bought, I haven't had a panel peel off any of them. I don't wear them loads, just if having a relaxing day around the house, or playing/going to football.

Correct, not ironed on, printed into the fabric.

the Aviva logo can be used like this aviva-logo-secondary.gif but I guess the way they have done it is considered more visible.

Last edited:

Dick Head

⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐
Jan 3, 2010
Quaxxann
If I recall correctly American Express use a certain shade of white in their logo and we have to adhere to that. It's just bad bloody luck that the white Amex use and the white Nike use in the kits don't match. The iron on wouldn't look half as awful if the whites were at least the same shade.

Or if they used the black and white transfer.

attachment.php

Superphil

Dismember
Jul 7, 2003
Or if they used the black and white transfer.

attachment.php

I can see that happening (black box, white logo) on the next kit as even they can't be satisfied with the shambles Nike have put on the current kit. Part of the problem might be the 'thickness' of the white to make sure it obscures any 'show through' of the blue stripes behind.

Superphil

Dismember
Jul 7, 2003

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex

TWOCHOICEStom

Sep 22, 2007
Brighton
I reckon we'll get another "semi" bespoke home kit from Nike this year. This has just been announced and seen the same design elsewhere on a couple of other teams. I'm betting on a blue tile with white Amex logo this year too just so the kit looks different enough. Maybe a collar?

attachment.php

Attachments

• Atletico-Nacional-2016-Kits%u00252B%u002525283%u00252529.jpg
    Atletico-Nacional-2016-Kits%u00252B%u002525283%u00252529.jpg
    31.6 KB · Views: 560

Uncle C

Jul 6, 2004
Bishops Stortford
I wont buy any shirt with a stuck on plastic panels - just crap.

Superphil

Dismember
Jul 7, 2003
I reckon we'll get another "semi" bespoke home kit from Nike this year. This has just been announced and seen the same design elsewhere on a couple of other teams. I'm betting on a blue tile with white Amex logo this year too just so the kit looks different enough. Maybe a collar? ]

I see that Nacional seem to have had bespoke Nike kits for the past 3 years, they are one of the biggest clubs in Colombia which may explain why Nike will do it for them. There might be hope for us though, Nike seem to make sublimated bespoke kits in Aus, elsewhere in Asia, and South America, surely they could do the same in Europe.

Last edited:

el punal

I just wonder . . . whether we will revert back to plain, all blue strip of 1980 when we had to accommodate British Caledonian Airways logo on the shirt? I seem to remember that it was stated that the striped shirt was unsuitable at the time.

Superphil

Dismember
Jul 7, 2003
I thought there was a thing where Nike won;t make a bespoke kit for the first two seasons, but then will after that?

See QPR who had an off-the-peg number in year 1 then a bespoke one in year 2. I imagine we sell a similar amount of shirts as QPR.

Not sure about that, IIRC all the qpr Nike kits have been off the shelf styles.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here