Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Nightmare

kevo

Mar 8, 2008
Dreamt last night that we took an early lead against Palace but then Adam El-Abd was sent off during the goal celebrations for no discernable reason. 1-0 up but down to 10 men after 5 mins, we went on to lose 2-1.

I am slightly worried this might be a premonition, but it seems unlikely as for some reason the game had been switched at the last minute from Selhurst to Withdean...

Anyone else had any Albion-related dreams recently?

Bevendean Hillbilly

Sep 4, 2006
Nestling in green nowhere
I had a very involved dream where I spent a day with Bobby Zamora who was deeply unhappy about an impending move...we walked around Preston park together and I was telling him to follow his heart.

A week later he was sold to Spurs.

kevo

Mar 8, 2008
I had a very involved dream where I spent a day with Bobby Zamora who was deeply unhappy about an impending move...we walked around Preston park together and I was telling him to follow his heart.

A week later he was sold to Spurs.

So it was basically your fault, then?

The Fifth Column

Retired ex-cop
Nov 30, 2010
Escaped from Corruption
I had a dream last night that Gus had to play in midfield against Palace and I was manager, he had a shocker and we lost and was laughing at me in the dressing room as I gave the post match team talk, I lost the plot and was screaming in his face and told him to F off and never be seen at the Albion again, I told him to take his shirt off and hand it over as he wasn't fit to wear it. I then woke up and in my half asleep mode thought I had just genuinely had a stand up row with Gus Poyet. Had a little chuckle to myself when I got up this morning. :lolol:

Badger

NOT the Honey Badger
NSC Patron
May 8, 2007
Toronto
I also had a football related dream last night, for some reason I was watching Southampton play. They went 2-0 up but ended up losing 16-2, I'm not sure who the opposition were though. I wonder what it could mean.

JBizzle

Apr 18, 2010
Seaford
About two years ago when we were in the midst of our promotion season and everything was amazingly rosy, I have a amazingly vivid and disturbing dream that went as follows:

I woke up in the morning and went downstairs for breakfast, popped on SSN and the 3rd story was that Gus had been poached and was being unveiled as the new manager of Burnley. Obviously, I was devastated. Even more so when I discovered that Iain Dowie had been appointed in Gus' place. I then spent the whole day progressing through my daily work before going to bed.

Then, I woke for real and I was genuinely angry and seriously sad about the events of the previous day and was in a foul mood. Also, I was thoroughly confused about the fact that it turned out to all have been a horrid dream. Needless to say, I was pleased it was not real.

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
Oddly I had my first ever Amex dream last night.

The Amex wasn't in Falmer, it was in Portslade, just opposite the Health Centre. I was walking to the stadium for a home game v Huddersfield, and there was an athletic looking chap running along the arches on the roof. Somehow he bounded down onto the roof, climbed down outer walls of the Amex safely back to the ground, and jogged past me. As he went past, I said "I bet you wouldn't do that again", and he replied "I would actually", and carried on jogging.

Then, somehow, I walked across the pitch towards the north-west corner, looking at the expansion work which was actually going on, cement mixers and blokes in hi-viz jackets and everything, before taking my seat in the WSU and realising with annoyance that I'd forgotten my glasses. I told myself it wouldn't matter too much as I recalled Huddesfield had a red away kit, so I'd be able to decipher the teams but probably not the players.

I woke up before kickoff. Tch.

Bevendean Hillbilly

Sep 4, 2006
Nestling in green nowhere
So it was basically your fault, then?

Only if BZ had a dream about wandering around Preston Park with a devastatingly handsome ginger bloke wearing pyjamas and telling him he should follow his heart before he signed for a premier league team.

kevo

Mar 8, 2008
Only if BZ had a dream about wandering around Preston Park with a devastatingly handsome ginger bloke wearing pyjamas and telling him he should follow his heart before he signed for a premier league team.
How do you know he didn't...?

Oddly enough, I recall El-Abd's sending off very vividly. As he was trotting back to the half-way line following the goal, he made a couple of passing comments to some Palace players before also saying something, seemingly innocuous, to the ref - who immediately produced a red card. I could lip-read Adam saying 'You're ******* joking!' before leaving the pitch. I really hope this doesn't happen on Dec 1...

Colossal Squid

Returning video tapes
Feb 11, 2010
Under the sea
Oddly I had my first ever Amex dream last night.

The Amex wasn't in Falmer, it was in Portslade, just opposite the Health Centre. I was walking to the stadium for a home game v Huddersfield, and there was an athletic looking chap running along the arches on the roof. Somehow he bounded down onto the roof, climbed down outer walls of the Amex safely back to the ground, and jogged past me. As he went past, I said "I bet you wouldn't do that again", and he replied "I would actually", and carried on jogging.

Then, somehow, I walked across the pitch towards the north-west corner, looking at the expansion work which was actually going on, cement mixers and blokes in hi-viz jackets and everything, before taking my seat in the WSU and realising with annoyance that I'd forgotten my glasses. I told myself it wouldn't matter too much as I recalled Huddesfield had a red away kit, so I'd be able to decipher the teams but probably not the players.

I woke up before kickoff. Tch.

Well go back to sleep and tell us who won

Colossal Squid

Returning video tapes
Feb 11, 2010
Under the sea
I would, but I've already got another unfinished dream involving Myleene Klass, a tub of warm custard and an electric whisk I'm planning on revisiting tonight.

Perhaps the dreams will combine in your subconscious now you've brought them both to light and Klass will be up front for the Albion. I'm sure she could make great use of balls into the box and most of the team would be queuing up to give her one etc etc.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here