Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[TV] Night coppers

Swansman

Pro-peace
May 13, 2019
Sweden
I agree. No more height requirements, Tattoos and beards are allowed too. I've had hipster cops turn up to help with things at work. They simply do not command respect. They look like a stag do fancy dress party.

Yes yes... down with those kinds of things. The next thing you know, they'll even employ WOMEN.

The Clamp

NSC Patron
Jan 11, 2016
West is BEST
Yes yes... down with those kinds of things. The next thing you know, they'll even employ WOMEN.

Oh give it a rest.

I deal with the police on an almost daily basis so I am aware the good work they do. I can also tell you that the no nonsense coppers, male or female, always get control of a situation quicker then the beardy, tattoo, hipster looking coppers.

You can argue the rights and wrongs of that all day long but I see it daily.

junior

Dec 1, 2003
Didsbury, Manchester
Just watched the latest episode as a result of this thread and thought it showed the police in Brighton in a great light. That young girl with 6 weeks in the job was great.
Only one mention of pissing in the streets, and they can't be far wrong as it brought back to me my childhood memories of loads of places in Brighton actually stinking of piss, so I don't think it's inaccurate!

The Clamp

NSC Patron
Jan 11, 2016
West is BEST
I remember that one set in Brighton years ago about the PCSO’s.
They had that short, fat woman partnered with the lanky bloke. Looked like R2D2 and C3P0 waddling along the prom.
They were about as much use as a one legged man at an arse kicking competition .

southstandandy

WEST STAND ANDY
Jul 9, 2003
Just a shame that just about everyone out on the town on a Friday or Saturday night has to get absolutely bladdered and behave like children.

I know it happens in most major towns and cities but the behaviour of many of those shown is just embarassing. Feel the police should just avoid the seafront and West street areas at the weekends and let all the dick heads fight it out amongst themselves.

Then the morning after the council can just sweep up the bodies along with all the usual rubbish.

Fignon's Ponytail

Jun 29, 2012
On the Beach
My friend appeared briefly on the first series while out on the beat as a relatively new PC.
Shes since gone on to finish her degree, and qualified as a detective. Shes just been in charge of a high profile case which should've had two guys bang to rights over a rape on the beach - but the "instigator" was let off by the jury. I know (roughly) about all the hard work she put into it re: evidence, collaboration with other Police forces to identify etc. & yet he walked free. It really should've been an open & shut case from what I've heard.
No wonder the conviction numbers are down - & its not always the Polices fault.

Jul 7, 2003
Returns for Season 2 Tuesday March 26 👍 Looking forward to this
That's great - watching some of our local residents was one of the best comedies on the telly.

My favourite line from the first series was when someone outside of Pryzm was asked for a description of a person and their response was "she was fat with ugly jeans".

W3 BHA

Nov 16, 2009
My friend appeared briefly on the first series while out on the beat as a relatively new PC.
Shes since gone on to finish her degree, and qualified as a detective. Shes just been in charge of a high profile case which should've had two guys bang to rights over a rape on the beach - but the "instigator" was let off by the jury. I know (roughly) about all the hard work she put into it re: evidence, collaboration with other Police forces to identify etc. & yet he walked free. It really should've been an open & shut case from what I've heard.
No wonder the conviction numbers are down - & its not always the Polices fault.

When you say 'the instigator was 'let off' by the jury', do you mean they heard the case, considered the evidence put before them and collectively decided that they could not find that he was guilty beyond a reasonable doubt? :ROFLMAO:

Fignon's Ponytail

Jun 29, 2012
On the Beach
When you say 'the instigator was 'let off' by the jury', do you mean they heard the case, considered the evidence put before them and collectively decided that they could not find that he was guilty beyond a reasonable doubt? :ROFLMAO:
If you want to put it that way, yes. Having heard roughly what was involved, Im sticking to "being let off". Should be behind bars IMO.
Poor woman involved will be traumatized the rest of her life probably.

W3 BHA

Nov 16, 2009
If you want to put it that way, yes. Having heard roughly what was involved, Im sticking to "being let off". Should be behind bars IMO.
Poor woman involved will be traumatized the rest of her life probably.

Well, not being involved in the case, not having heard all the evidence and (surely not!) had an improper disclosure made to you by your friend, the detective, it's a shame you weren't on the jury, having already come to the 'right' decision! :ROFLMAO:

Fignon's Ponytail

Jun 29, 2012
On the Beach
Well, not being involved in the case, not having heard all the evidence and (surely not!) had an improper disclosure made to you by your friend, the detective, it's a shame you weren't on the jury, having already come to the 'right' decision! :ROFLMAO:
I've had no improper disclosures made - I know no actual details, but do know it was a very strong & high profile case, and one that was considered nailed on by the police force.
Im not going to discuss any more though, as you obviously have decided Im in the wrong for jumping to conclusions. My main original point was that after months of meticulous work & building cases, the Police arent always to blame for the conviction rates being low.

Last edited:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here