Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Nigel's want to rename East Croydon Station

edna krabappel

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Norwood Junction has " Home of the Eagles " signs on the platforms.
Croydon council are trying to jump on the Premier band wagon, after years of not supporting the club on various issues.
F**k em.

You see, that seems fair. You're kind of local to them. As you say: it sounds like Croydon Council are trying to grab a piece of the action, which it's hard to say they deserve.

edna krabappel

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
I do wonder if having "Home of the Eagles" on any railway station is likely to confuse American tourists though. Wouldn't want them making a sudden decision to hop off the train at Croydon to try and find the Hotel California.

No, I know there aren't any tourists in Croydon, but I was thinking of those passing through on their way to London or Brighton.

Se20

Banned
Oct 3, 2012
I do wonder if having "Home of the Eagles" on any railway station is likely to confuse American tourists though. Wouldn't want them making a sudden decision to hop off the train at Croydon to try and find the Hotel California.

No, I know there aren't any tourists in Croydon, but I was thinking of those passing through on their way to London or Brighton.

We have one such American tycoon who regularly visits our humble abode.
He is so impressed, he may be around for a while.

Baldseagull

Jan 26, 2012
Crawley
"Fourth nearest station to London's Eighth biggest Club".

A mex eyecan

Nov 3, 2011
'home of the caravan - we love living in mobile homes, no really, it helps get out the way of the looters.'

AmexRuislip

Trainee Spy 🕵️‍♂️
Feb 2, 2014
Ruislip
Capture.PNG

Eeyore

Colonel Hee-Haw of Queen's Park
NSC Patron
Apr 5, 2014
EAST CROYDON

'The doors will remain closed while the train is stationary..'

Del Fenner

Because of Boxing Day
Sep 5, 2011
An Away Terrace
I'd have thought Selhurst, Thornton Heath or Norwood Junction would have been more appropriate. Nobody gets off at Croydon to go to Palace (well, nobody with any sense gets off at EC at all, but you know what I mean). Ideas above- no pun intended- their station?

Is the right answer. Croydon Council trying to take credit when times are good, and offering ****-all assistance to the club when times are bad.

In any case, Palace is almost as much a Bromley club as a Croydon one, and has Lambeth, Southwark, Lewisham, Merton and Sutton as similar catchment areas.

If any station were to be named on the signs "Home of Crystal Palace FC" it should be Selhurst. Oh wait - it is!

DSCF3323.jpg

Palace v Man United at the Nest, Division 2, early 1920s, Platform 1 of Selhurst Station in the background.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here