Nigel Knight RIP

Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

The Horsham Seagull

Jun 9, 2013
Horsham
How very sad to hear the unexpected news of Nigel's passing, and at such a relatively young age as well.

For those of you that didn't know him Nigel Knight was a real gentleman. He travelled with us on the North West Sussex Seagulls coach from Roffey for every home match over the last two seasons. A nicer man you could not wish to meet. The description in an earlier post of him being a 'gentle giant' was indeed very true. A quietly spoken man who never had a cross word to say about anybody, everyone like him.

He was an Albion fan through and through, he loved his football club. We often had chats about our team whilst waiting for the coach on match days and I know his fellow passengers will all miss him and his jovial personality. My sincere condolences to his wife and family, he will be very sadly missed on board coach 2.

If anyone knows of the funeral date and venue could they please post it on this thread as I'm sure that some of us from North West Sussex Seagulls will want to go along to pay our respects and say goodbye to a gentleman, coach buddy and friend.

Last edited:

horshamite

Now Saltdeanite.
Nov 16, 2010
I used to sit next to Nigel on the NWSS coach 2 and will really miss such a great bloke. The back seat will not be the same again though he will be with us in spirit.

Thoughts and condolences to his wife and family.

Early Doors

Coach
Sep 15, 2003
Horsham
Very sad news. I too travelled with Nigel on NWSS coach 2. You could always hear Nigel chatting at the back of the coach wiith passion and enthusiasm about his beloved Albion. As others have said, he will be sadly missed.
RIP Nigel

stonski

Jan 31, 2009
Cowfold
Such sad news. All my thoughts are with Nigel’s family and friends. It was a pleasure it have known you Nigel RIP. Andy NWSS.

Crispy Ambulance

May 27, 2010
Burgess Hill
Nigel's funeral will be held at Worth Crematorium, Balcombe Road, Crawley RH10 3NQ at 11:15 on Wednesday 17th July. All welcome (in BHA shirts, if so desired). No flowers please but any donations to REMF.

Nigel's wife and family have been touched by the messages of love and support on NSC and through NWSS. Thank you. He was a great man and is very sadly missed.

Paul Skinback

Oct 3, 2009
RIP big guy, from one football fan to another. No age at all.

The Horsham Seagull

Jun 9, 2013
Horsham
Nigel's funeral will be held at Worth Crematorium, Balcombe Road, Crawley RH10 3NQ at 11:15 on Wednesday 17th July. All welcome (in BHA shirts, if so desired). No flowers please but any donations to REMF.

Nigel's wife and family have been touched by the messages of love and support on NSC and through NWSS. Thank you. He was a great man and is very sadly missed.

Thanks for passing this info on. I and a few of my NWSS friends will be there to say our goodbyes and bring a little bit of blue and white to the day. RIP big fella.

Phat Baz 68

Get a ****ing life mate !
Apr 16, 2011
Terrible at 56 RIP

The Horsham Seagull

Jun 9, 2013
Horsham
So good to see lots of Blue & White at Nigel's funeral this morning. Going out to 'Sussex By The Sea' and then 'Praise You' was quality, I'm sure the big fella wouldn't have wanted it any other way. RIP my friend.

Crispy Ambulance

May 27, 2010
Burgess Hill
Really good to meet you and your fellow NWSS blokes. Nigel would have been looking down with his huge grin at the sight of the stripes at his send off. RIP big fella.

The Horsham Seagull

Jun 9, 2013
Horsham
I’m sure that many of you will have heard the very sad news of the sudden and unexpected passing of our friend Nigel Knight on 2nd July at the age of 56. Nigel passed away after a relatively short illness and will be greatly missed by all of us on North West Sussex Seagulls coach 2. Big Nigel was an ever present passenger since we started the club in July 2011 and was always the first person to board at Roffey, making his way to his usual centre seat in the back row of the coach. He would wait until the last of the ‘back seat posse’ arrived from Southwater and then the jokes, banter and laughter would begin. Everyone liked him, he was a real gentle giant of a man who didn’t have a bad word to say about anyone, a true gent. It is with great sadness and regret that we won’t be seeing his smiling face or hearing his jovial laughter once more again this season.

After the initial announcement on North Stand Chat I wrote a letter to Nigel’s wife Lou (Lesley) expressing our condolences and a few of us from NWSS attended Nigel’s funeral on 17th July. Although a very sad occasion it was great to see a fully packed chapel with so much blue & white on show along with some familiar Albion shirts. Going out to 'Sussex By The Sea' and then 'Praise You' was pure quality, I'm sure the big fella wouldn't have wanted it any other way. Nigel’s wife and family requested no flowers at the funeral but asked instead for donations to be made to the Robert Eaton Memorial Fund which I’m sure is what Nigel would have wanted.

North West Sussex Seagulls will be making a donation out of club funds in memory of Nigel and a collection will also be made on board Coach 2 as we head down for the Derby County match on Saturday. A collection bag will be passed around the coach on the downward journey to the Amex so if you're on board please feel free to donate if you wish to.

Out of respect, and as a tribute to Nigel, the centre seat in the back row of our coach will be especially reserved for him just for the afternoon. We are hoping that there may possibly be a piece in the match day programme on Saturday about Nigel or perhaps an announcement at half time. So please spare a few moments to pause and quietly think about our friend, coach buddy and fellow Albion fan.

RIP Nigel, you’re going to be missed big fella.

Mike Wilson
Secretary
North West Sussex Seagulls

Oscar

Nov 10, 2003
Mrs Oscar and I were shocked and saddened today to realise this thread was started for Nigel who used to sit near us in WSL. He was missed by many of us in B Block today.

R.I.P Nigel.

Uncle Spielberg

NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003
Lancing
Rip Nigel. What was done in his memory for the REMF will be posted soon. His chosen Charity.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports