Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Nigel Farage MEP v Russell Brand - Question Time BBC1 22:35 *** Official Match Thread ***

vegster

Sanity Clause
May 5, 2008
There is still quite a long time til the election and i'm sure there will be plenty more cock ups by all 4 parties along the way but it does seem that UKIP tend to have more of the better ones.

As Farage always says now " You vote UKIP, you get UKIP ! " could be fantastic if they did win the election, a once in a lifetime disaster.

JCL666

absurdism
Sep 23, 2011
Apologies. I meant the sentence about 13,000 to 700,000 not what you are referring to. I accept what you say, of course, and most people presumably would do the same, notably look for facts, logic etc etc. I wonder how many people actually go a variety of sources for their info, rather than just the usual reading material that coincides with their views. After a lifetime of Listening to "experts" in education, I am very wary of analysis work done by "experts". On this theme, I shan't look at the link -I usually do folk the courtesy of reading the link, but have got fed up with simply reading the bias that suites the post. No offence meant. As to whether UKIP have a coherent policy or not on non EU migration -are you totally sure of this?

You should check the spectator link. It actually is in line with what you have said (EU vs Non EU migration).

As for their policy on non EU immigration. No they have not set out their policy.

They simply state

"UKIP recognises the benefits of limited, controlled immigration"

Which we already have for non EU applicants. The level at which it is enforced/monitored etc could be questioned.

daveinprague

Oct 1, 2009
Prague, Czech Republic
Like I said, if I decide to vote UKIP then do I become a racist by association?

Maybe I would question who I was aligning myself with.
When I see UKIP supporters try to denigrate a UKIP candidate, over a relationship with the UKIP Gen Sec, using a the candidates FORMER name, which happens to be asian, then yes, i would be a bit suspicious about who I was mixing with.

''Just look back at my previous posts, the quotes re text messages sent to Roger Bird from the ex Labour formerly Miss Ahmed'

5mins-from-amex

Sep 1, 2011
coldean
Maybe I would question who I was aligning myself with.
When I see UKIP supporters try to denigrate a UKIP candidate, over a relationship with the UKIP Gen Sec, using a the candidates FORMER name, which happens to be asian, then yes, i would be a bit suspicious about who I was mixing with.

''Just look back at my previous posts, the quotes re text messages sent to Roger Bird from the ex Labour formerly Miss Ahmed'

Come on a simple yes or no will do.

daveinprague

Oct 1, 2009
Prague, Czech Republic
So, when denigrating this woman, by pointing out her former political affiliations, and race, it was just to show people how silly racism was? haha...yeah ok mate...

Jan 30, 2008
No chip on my shoulder. There is no reason for me to have a chip on my shoulder. UKIP supporters seem to have the entire potato.
the day you come back to blighty will be they day I may cut you some slack ,untill then you' re just an outsider with irrelevent comments on things that have nowt to do with you:thumbsup:
regards
DR

Mellor 3 Ward 4

Jul 27, 2004
saaf of the water
You see as soon as you roll out the ' ukip are racist ' card you loss all credibility in any debate.

I won't be voting UKIP, but I have to agree with that.

On last night's programme, the Labour MP admitted that in Government they had make huge mistakes regarding immigration, and the numbers of Eastern Europeans that they anticipated coming to the UK

Milliband and Cameron have both said it's not wrong to be concerned about immigration.

Yet when Farage says he wants controlled immigration, he gets called a racist.

They all claim to want 'controlled' immigration, however without leaving Europe that's impossible. (Something I personally don't want to happen)

As I say, I won't be voting UKIP, as there are far too many of their policies that I don't agree with, however I think it's wrong to brand their supporters racists. The working class person has seen downward pressure on wages, more competition for jobs, together with an increase in pressure on local services/housing etc., and to say that none of that is caused by mass immigration is IMO wrong.

5mins-from-amex

Sep 1, 2011
coldean
No, because, ive never said such a thing.
Want to start again?
Ive consistantly said, UKIP has attracted substantial racist support. To deny that would be disingenous in the extreme.

Ok so when you say substantial what kind of % would you put on that? of the 40000 people who have just voted for UKIP in the by elections how many are racist? half? more?

5mins-from-amex

Sep 1, 2011
coldean
I won't be voting UKIP, but I have to agree with that.

On last night's programme, the Labour MP admitted that in Government they had make huge mistakes regarding immigration, and the numbers of Eastern Europeans that they anticipated coming to the UK

Milliband and Cameron have both said it's not wrong to be concerned about immigration.

Yet when Farage says he wants controlled immigration, he gets called a racist.

They all claim to want 'controlled' immigration, however without leaving Europe that's impossible. (Something I personally don't want to happen)

As I say, I won't be voting UKIP, as there are far too many of their policies that I don't agree with, however I think it's wrong to brand their supporters racists. The working class person has seen downward pressure on wages, more competition for jobs, together with an increase in pressure on local services/housing etc., and to say that none of that is caused by mass immigration is IMO wrong.

Good post, but do you think that without UKIP and Farage that both Milliband and Cameron would have publicly stated that we need to get more control on immigration in this country?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here