Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Nigel Farage MEP v Russell Brand - Question Time BBC1 22:35 *** Official Match Thread ***

pastafarian

Sep 4, 2011
Sussex
That said, they both have silver tongues and will make their points well. I am hoping for some dialogue between the two, that will be pure entertainment.

However they have something in common - they both strongly oppose Westminster - this shared interest will probably make the overall theme and conclusion of the programme one which largely discredits the status quo.

you may well have a point,it could all turn out to be a bit of an anti climax,i should also imagine given the media hype around it and the scrutiny both will be doing their utmost not to screw up.

lets not forget there are others on the panel who have equal air time

daveinprague

Oct 1, 2009
Prague, Czech Republic
...and I would imagine those others on the panel will be fairly quick to distance themselves from UKIP. I wasnt going to watch it particularly, but I guess im going to have to now.

Soulman

Oct 22, 2012
Sompting
you may well have a point,it could all turn out to be a bit of an anti climax,i should also imagine given the media hype around it and the scrutiny both will be doing their utmost not to screw up.

I would imagine that Labour and Tory will go against Farage, they are both losing seats, candidates and votes.

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
Looking forward to it.

Will be throwing imaginary rotten tomatos at Farage :lolol:

BadFish

Huge Member
Oct 19, 2003
Why do you try and discredit him buy referring to him as an 'reformed junkie'? Somehow this makes his opinion floored? Daily Mail reader surely, especially as you think Farage brings something to the table worth listening to :(

I said it on the other thread and it can be seen again here. Brand is attacked and criticised for who his but his message and political points are seldom mentioned.

BadFish

Huge Member
Oct 19, 2003

It could end up the ultimate Champions League opening group fixture bore draw with two teams not wanting to lose. Either of them managed by Mourinho?

NorthStandSteward

Jan 14, 2014
I said it on the other thread and it can be seen again here. Brand is attacked and criticised for who his but his message and political points are seldom mentioned.

That's because the points he often makes oppose the life he leads. Although I agree that his prior use of drugs is utterly irrelevant.

Soulman

Oct 22, 2012
Sompting
That's because the points he often makes oppose the life he leads. Although I agree that his prior use of drugs is utterly irrelevant.

I agree, utterly irrelevant......although he might have been mildly amusing whilst on them, and completely unfunny off them.....which is why he is turning to be the peoples "champion".

BadFish

Huge Member
Oct 19, 2003
I agree, utterly irrelevant......although he might have been mildly amusing whilst on them, and completely unfunny off them.....which is why he is turning to be the peoples "champion".

Really that is just your opinion on his funniness, as comedians go he was making a pretty good living. Not really my cup of tea but you can't really argue that he isn't successful.

BadFish

Huge Member
Oct 19, 2003

I am not really sure they do although I must admit that i don't know the ins and outs of his finances or what he does with his money. However I assume that the Sun would have diverted massive resources to investigating any kind of tax irregularities so my guess is he is squeaky clean there.

Soulman

Oct 22, 2012
Sompting
He's not the peoples "champion" or anything even close.

Sadly, tragically, he's the only person the media (social, independent and mainstream) will pay attention to who speaks up about important issues such as inequality, corporatocracy, propaganda and so on.

My personal hope is that more people of notability will speak up against these things... but for now, the awareness he is creating has been incredible, despite his many flaws.

That's why i put champion in "champion".

NorthStandSteward

Jan 14, 2014
I am not really sure they do although I must admit that i don't know the ins and outs of his finances or what he does with his money. However I assume that the Sun would have diverted massive resources to investigating any kind of tax irregularities so my guess is he is squeaky clean there.

Don't get me wrong, I like Brand. I still have all his podcasts on my ipod. Often during his podcasts he champions his revolution but is then reminded by his co-host Matt Morgan of his frequent prima donna tantrums such as refusing to stay in a hotel unless it is the 'Presidential suite', refusing to take a taxi unless it is a Mercedes, spending tens of thousands on glass skulls to put round his house etc. . .

However as long as he is using his 'celebrity' to highlight issues such as the New Era Estate it's difficult to criticise him.

vegster

Sanity Clause
May 5, 2008
Brand looking spaced already

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here