Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Nigel Farage MEP v Russell Brand - Question Time BBC1 22:35 *** Official Match Thread ***

spring hall convert

Nov 3, 2009
Brighton
Disagree totally. Farage has everything to lose. Headline writers and political opponents will be CREAMING themselves at the prospect of Farage making a pratfall. Which with Brand running rings round him both verbally and intellectually is extremely likely to happen. Best option for Farage is to get stuck in traffic.

As much as I'd love to see that happen, I bet a penny to a pound it won't. Part of the reason his opponents haven't been able to deal with Farage is he's a far more canny operater than they give him credit for.

Remember most of the UKIP reading press think Brand is the devil incarnate. I don't think a story running in the Mirror, Guardian or Independent about Brand making mincemeat out of him would make a shred of difference.

So in synopsis, I think Farage will hold his own and even if he doesn't it won't really matter. The Mail and Express aren't going to be converted to Brand's cause as a result of this evening.

Enjoy it for the spectacle it will be but don't place importance on it.

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
Enjoy it for the spectacle it will be but don't place importance on it.

Guess we're diametrically opposed on this one. All I know is that Brand will subject Farage (and the two other Tory & Labour makeweights) to the most politically ZEALOUS interrogation of maybe the entire election campaign on certainly the most publicly undodgeable forum. This could well be a DEFINING moment in the election campaign and beyond. As you say, a spectacle, and one not to be missed. How did it ever come to this? :nono:

nicko31

Jan 7, 2010
Gods country fortnightly
Question Time is in danger is descending into tabloid TV, I can't stand Farage but he does bring something to the table. But reformed junkie Brand does not bring anything at all

Dub-67

Sep 12, 2012
Capital A in again as it starts A sentence.
Grammar spelt correctly.
"Really not the brightest of the intellects, are you?" - This sentence fixed with A comma and question mark.

You grade at D, must try harder. :tosser:

"Grammar spelt correctly" you say.. I presume you mean incorrectly eh dickhead? LOL

Fair enough, happy with a 'D' beats The Fairys Ungraded :)

by the way;
:tosser:

spring hall convert

Nov 3, 2009
Brighton
What's this obsession amongst Brand's opponents with referring to him as an ex-junkie? I don't get it.

Isn't it something to be appluaded that he recovered from the disease of drug addiction and has made a complete success of his life. Doesn't that take immense strength of character? Isn't it a good thing that he has experience of the gutter as well as the stars?

I do a little laugh every time I see it, it's ridculous. There's plenty of ways to attack Russell Brand successfully - ex-junkie is just lame.

D

Deleted member 22389

It's actually rather stupid to make such sweeping generalisations when you don't know many ( possibly any ) UKIP supporters.

Some of the laugauge aimed towards people who wish or will be voting UKIP is absolutely disgusting. They seem to forget at one time or another UKIP supporters where likely to have been Labour supporters, Tory supporters, but when you actually get people from the Labour party throwing insults towards UKIP in the press and on TV, it does absolutely nothing in trying to win people back to that party.

fruitnveg

Jul 22, 2010
Waitrose. Veg aisles
"Grammar spelt correctly" you say.. I presume you mean incorrectly eh dickhead? LOL

Fair enough, happy with a 'D' beats The Fairys Ungraded :)

by the way;
:tosser:

Alright then.

No.

I corrected your mistakes in my post. So, quite rightly; "Grammar spelt correctly."

Words are hard. But if you're going to go out of your way to flex your intellectual muscles (lol) in public, do yourself a favour and do it right, else someone is going to pick you up on your own shoddy grammar. Especially if you're aggresive.

With that, F@ck off. Ta.

El Presidente

The ONLY Gay in Brighton
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
Pattknull med Haksprut
It's actually rather stupid to make such sweeping generalisations when you don't know many ( possibly any ) UKIP supporters.

I agree with you entirely, there is a wide range of reasons why people might choose to vote UKIP, ranging from a dissatisfaction with the smug patronising treatment by our existing electorate to genuine concerns about the lack of democratisation within the EU to simply a fear of foreigners taking 'their' jobs.

At the same time UKIP's sweeping generalisation of foreigners (the 'you wouldn't want to live next door to Romanians would you') type of comment does them no favours either, and simply scaremongering and endorsing intolerance.

aolstudios

Nov 30, 2011
brighton
I agree with you entirely, there is a wide range of reasons why people might choose to vote UKIP, ranging from a dissatisfaction with the smug patronising treatment by our existing electorate to genuine concerns about the lack of democratisation within the EU to simply a fear of foreigners taking 'their' jobs.

At the same time UKIP's sweeping generalisation of foreigners (the 'you wouldn't want to live next door to Romanians would you') type of comment does them no favours either, and simply scaremongering and endorsing intolerance.

I agree with you but it depends how you measure 'does them no favours'. It might not endear them to you or me but sadly & depressingly it probably wins them plenty of votes

HH Brighton

Jul 25, 2003
Question Time is in danger is descending into tabloid TV, I can't stand Farage but he does bring something to the table. But reformed junkie Brand does not bring anything at all

Why do you try and discredit him buy referring to him as an 'reformed junkie'? Somehow this makes his opinion floored? Daily Mail reader surely, especially as you think Farage brings something to the table worth listening to :(

Spun Cuppa

Thanks Greens :(
I used to watch Question Time in the Thatcher era, and would do my g/f's canister by screaming at the TV

I might sit quietly and watch it unfold tonight, or...

pauli cee

Jan 21, 2009
worthing
Russell Brand will, of course, come across better. If only because he will be arguing against inequality, whereas Farage will be mainly arguing against immigration - the former being a far more pressing and important topic, that affects us all.

That said, they both have silver tongues and will make their points well. I am hoping for some dialogue between the two, that will be pure entertainment.

However they have something in common - they both strongly oppose Westminster - this shared interest will probably make the overall theme and conclusion of the programme one which largely discredits the status quo.

Exactly this, rather than a show down between the 2 of them, I can almost see them uniting against the state of current UK politics.
A love in, probably not, but working off each other.....possibly???

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here