Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Nigel Farage MEP v Russell Brand - Question Time BBC1 22:35 *** Official Match Thread ***

Rookie

Greetings
Feb 8, 2005
Nigel Farage MEP v Russell Brand - Question Time BBC1 22:35 *** Official Mat...

Brand and his revolution stuff is really starting to annoy me, was good fun when he got owned by the bloke in the audience telling him to stand for parliament.
Farage is just a prat.
Did enjoy the woman at the back basically being told to sit down and shut up.

daveinprague

Oct 1, 2009
Prague, Czech Republic
Yeah you're right. Should no plunge to his level.

Yeah, it was a really terrible thing to say. I would imagine it could hurt somebody with incredibly thin skin.
I seem to remember you making comments about my GF. I dont remember having a hysterical hissy fit over it.

Dover

Home at Last.
Oct 5, 2003
Brighton, United Kingdom
The programme appeared to me to be in two halves. The first being all shouty from the tow boy in the playground with Thanet Tina shoving her point across.

Then it seemed the director took control, and stopped the recording, so that some proper debate could take place. Hence the jorno from The Sunday Times, with no agenda, and far more intelligence than the rest of the panel stole the show.

cunning fergus

NSC Patron
Jan 18, 2009
A charge that can equally be levelled at Farage. The Ex City metals trader who went to a private school and happily trousers the maximum in financial remunerations from the EU parliament he claims to resent.

One of the most damning indictments of his " Man of the People" stance, is his regular non attendance on the EU Fisheries Committee on which he sits. He managed to attend to voice his concerns about EU policy only once in 42 meetings. Yet, he cheerfully stands behind " The Man in the Street ", perhaps he suffers from sea sickness ?

There is only one mainstream party that is constitutionally configured to represent the interests of the British working class. Because that party abandoned the British working class in the last 20 years a significant proportion of the British working class have turned (or are considering turning) to a political party led by an ex city trader with a private school background.

The fact that Farage is able to appeal to the British working class given his background is merely symptomatic of the decline of the Labour Party. People like you need to start playing the ball and not the man..........shrill hysteria and screaming racist is not working yet, not now the other parties dancing to the tune of UKIPs border control beat.

Your final point is a case in point.........the people that support UKIP don't give a **** about the EU Parliament and what UKIP do in it. Similarly, do you honestly think those who vote in Sinn Feinn MPs care that they don't go to the HoP? How do you feel about these MPs trousering British taxpayers money and not representing their constituents?

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/new...inn-Fein-claimed-500000-for-second-homes.html

I think you have a lot to learn about politics..........

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home
you missed the loony shouty woman who is probably now at the vets receiving treatment

Or the anti immigration woman who suggested that the whole population of Canterbury prison were immigrants!

Bold Seagull

strong and stable with me, or...
Mar 18, 2010
Hove
There is only one mainstream party that is constitutionally configured to represent the interests of the British working class. Because that party abandoned the British working class in the last 20 years a significant proportion of the British working class have turned (or are considering turning) to a political party led by an ex city trader with a private school background.

The fact that Farage is able to appeal to the British working class given his background is merely symptomatic of the decline of the Labour Party. People like you need to start playing the ball and not the man..........shrill hysteria and screaming racist is not working yet, not now the other parties dancing to the tune of UKIPs border control beat.

Your final point is a case in point.........the people that support UKIP don't give a **** about the EU Parliament and what UKIP do in it. Similarly, do you honestly think those who vote in Sinn Feinn MPs care that they don't go to the HoP? How do you feel about these MPs trousering British taxpayers money and not representing their constituents?

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/new...inn-Fein-claimed-500000-for-second-homes.html

I think you have a lot to learn about politics..........

You made some good points, no need for the cheap shot at the end.

cunning fergus

NSC Patron
Jan 18, 2009
Or the anti immigration woman who suggested that the whole population of Canterbury prison were immigrants!

What's your point? For the last 6 years till it closed she was right........

http://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/HM_Prison_Canterbury

Maybe she was concerned that the foreign prisoner population has ballooned 150% in last 15 years and is now 12%

http://www.parliament.uk/briefing-papers/SN04334.pdfs

Of course given that we are also dishing out 250,000 British Passports a year to God knows who, the number of "immigrants" is undoubtedly higher.

Makes you wonder what the motives for the Govt are with such a scheme...........

BigGully

Sep 8, 2006

I find your prejudice strange, there has been an extraordinary increase in the immigrant prison population and therefore you might reasonably deduce that there must be many more undetected crimes committed by immigrants too.

Why wouldnt anyone acknowledge this part of the impact of immigration, again you cannot stifle debate because you feel people cannot recognise this consequence without then concluding that all immigrants are potential criminals.

spring hall convert

Nov 3, 2009
Brighton
I too was impressed by Camilla Cavendish and have been in the past.

She did PPE at Oxford the same time as David Cameron so she's clearly a very smart lady, she went to Harvard and has won prizes for campaigning journalism around child protection issues.

Let's just hope she doesn't get too close to Murdoch.

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla

I'm sure Farage would rather gaol them all, rather than they clog up his roads when he wants to get to a meeting :lolol:

Withdean11

Feb 18, 2007
Brighton/Hyde
I thought Farage done well. Brand looked out of his depth. The crazy purple haired women done the left no favours with her shouts of "racists". Farage spoke of 'controlled immigration', as did the two female MP's, yet Farage gets called a racist scumbag. Sums up lefties, i'd expect that from a tool like Daveinprague.

Dick Knights Mumm

Take me Home Falmer Road
Jul 5, 2003
Hither and Thither
We are all a bit like the Doobie Brothers described. So with that in mind - I thought the Labour woman did well. She came across as sharp, intelligent, and willing to stand up early on to Russell Brand who was shouting down the Tory minister.

The Tory woman had little credibility once it was established she was the one who said "cock" multiple times in a Commons debate for a bet.

The journalist had least to lose, and to her credit was not intimidated by what seemed like a febrile atmosphere.

Russell Brand said the things that you wish there was a mainstream party saying - not the way he was saying it "luv". Old school Labour and Liberal politicians must have been squirming that their parties are not making some of those same points. Of course he get carried away - but he has not an electorate to appeal to, or party discipline to worry about. He was pulled up by that bloke in the audience though. I can't see him the same after his thoughts about the Twin Towers.

Nigel Farage is riding the wave of a genuine public concern about immigration and the nature of integration and whether the established parties are able or willing to address it. I think he is a fraud in his anti-establishment pretence, and that man of the people stuff. But as that lady in the audience pointed out - he is willing to talk about things that the mainstream parties (classic example being Gordon Brown in his bigot comment) were not addressing. He would carry more political credibility were he also to talk about tax avoidance by corporations (and individuals come to that) who earn millions in this country but pay peanuts and avoid contributing to the society they are happy to take money from. But I guess that might be a difficult conversation for him.

As is often the case the best points were made by the audience. That woman who made the above point about Farage, and told that shouty woman she was the rudest woman she'd ever met. And the chap who made the succinct point about profit and patients said what needed to be said.

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home
I find your prejudice strange, there has been an extraordinary increase in the immigrant prison population and therefore you might reasonably deduce that there must be many more undetected crimes committed by immigrants too.

Why wouldnt anyone acknowledge this part of the impact of immigration, again you cannot stifle debate because you feel people cannot recognise this consequence without then concluding that all immigrants are potential criminals.

What are you talking about, Mr local politician? Is this your party's comments or yours alone.

Anyway what " stifle debate"? I merely suggested that the contributer suggested that everyone in Canterbury prison was an immigrant. It would be interesting to see how many actually were....but as someone posted above, Canterbury prison is actually closed, therefore undermining her points anyway.

Where have I " stifled debate"?

What a strange person you are. Are you going to come out on here and tell us all what party you represent on the council so we can see where you are coming from and what agenda you have?

The only prejudice I have is against people who do not repair pitch marks on the greens, especially at this time of the year when the ground is boggy and the divots cause deviation in the roll of the ball.

daveinprague

Oct 1, 2009
Prague, Czech Republic
I thought Farage done well. Brand looked out of his depth. The crazy purple haired women done the left no favours with her shouts of "racists". Farage spoke of 'controlled immigration', as did the two female MP's, yet Farage gets called a racist scumbag. Sums up lefties, i'd expect that from a tool like Daveinprague.

Ive called Farage a racist scumbag? Really? Dont believe I have. Ive said the UKIP party attracts, and has accepted a large number of racists, into the group. UKIP supporters keep banging on about being inclusive of all parties, but Soulman proved to me yesterday that its just bollocks.
As soon as the issue regarding the General Secretary and the potential UKIP candidate for Basildon surfaced, his first reaction to it was the woman was 'ex labour' and for some reason, kept referring to her by her previous name, that wasnt English. UKIP supporters want to be seen as all inclusive, but deep down, they rather they didnt have to share with 'lefties and ethnics'.

Westdene Seagull

aka Cap'n Carl Firecrotch
NSC Patron
Oct 27, 2003
The arse end of Hangleton
He's not representing a party or any policies remember, he is just an entertainer…

Farage just repeats the same message. The other two politicians have at least talked in depth about the subject.

Really ? I'd suggest Brand, Farage and the lady from the Times put up much better responces and made the two 'real' politicians look rather ... well .... meh.

Nice that finally someone understands the difference between privatisation and outsourcing so well done to Times woman and Farage for getting that in. No doubt well still hear Labour using the 'P' word though.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here