MORTY

Jan 9, 2007
Basingstoke
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1364288978.033866.jpg

I thank you.

Common as Mook

Not Posh as Fook
Jul 26, 2004
Gus Poyet being mentioned all the time. Hilarious to see Adkins reaction in the presser.

Acker79

NSC Patron
Nov 15, 2008
Brighton
Just shown the press conference on ssn. Sky reporter giving a bit of a grilling to the reading owner about the two managers he was looking at both finished below Brian McDermott, and highlighted how much money Adkins had with Southampton compared to McDermott and if reading would be safer now if they had spent more. Seemed a bit Moore aggressive than I remember other new manager press conferences being.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
What are the chances 'the Adkins bet' becomes NSC's biggest coup.

I know it's got a way to go to beat McShane 0-1, but it could be a decent tortoise and hare event.

Bladders

Twats everywhere
Jun 22, 2012
The Troubadour
Just shown the press conference on ssn. Sky reporter giving a bit of a grilling to the reading owner about the two managers he was looking at both finished below Brian McDermott, and highlighted how much money Adkins had with Southampton compared to McDermott and if reading would be safer now if they had spent more. Seemed a bit Moore aggressive than I remember other new manager press conferences being.

Yeah, with no real answers, Adkins with his usual sound bites of ''happy to be here'' ''we need to all pull together in one direction moving forward'' ''just looking to the future now'' ........ yawn.

The owner didn't want to comment on anything and JM just looked embarrassed by it all.

Paris

Jul 17, 2010
13th district
Yeah, with no real answers, Adkins with his usual sound bites of ''happy to be here'' ''we need to all pull together in one direction moving forward'' ''just looking to the future now'' ........ yawn.

The owner didn't want to comment on anything and JM just looked embarrassed by it all.

He also mentioned one of my old favourites - "We'll take one game at a time".

Must admit i cringed somewhat whilst watching this old poetry recital by Adkins:

BBC Sport - Nigel Adkins reciting

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
Was he asked what is it like being 2nd choice to Gus probably not. What do people think will happen to Brian McDermott after showing loyalty last season when approached for a new job, where is he likely to go, any suggrestions

MJsGhost

Oooh Matron, I'm an
NSC Patron
Jun 26, 2009
East
Not being funny or anything but the majority of us Reading fans are quite underwhelmed by the news that Poyet is in the running

Why sack a manager who got us to 2 FA Cup Q/Fs, a play off final and win us the Championship and replace him with a bloke who's won League One and turned a team into an average mid-table Championship side (no disrespect)

We'd rather Adkins over Poyet if we had the choice
That's the kind of reasoning that has led me to back Adkins for the job to the tune of £50 at 11/4!

A monumental bell-end he may be, but he has achieved more than Gus and is also not going to cost £?m to extract from a contract.

(Edit: And Gus won't want it anyway)

:thumbsup:

Attachments

• Nadskin.jpg
    Nadskin.jpg
    83 KB · Views: 38

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here