Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Nigel Adkins: 'That wasn't a dive'.......

TSB

Captain Hindsight
Jul 7, 2003
Lansdowne Place, Hove
If I may, the rules don't actually require contact just an "attempted" trip which this quite possibly is. Tough decision for the ref, although I'd be livid if I was a Villa fan.

And no. It was a blatant dive. The Villa player made sure he withdrew his foot and was yards away when Rodriguez fell over.

Neil

Eastie
Aug 27, 2010
Langney
The Southampton player flicks his leg back to look as though he has been tripped , obviously been practicing it on the training ground

Bevendean Hillbilly

Sep 4, 2006
Nestling in green nowhere
He has a face you would never tire of punching.

He wouldn't let his team clap us on as champions because he thought they were better than us and we flunked promotion.

Bellend.

farawaysaint

Oct 1, 2011
So if a player trips over fresh air it's a foul ..yur kidding me

That is the honest to God wording of the FA's rulebook :clap2: I suppose the ref has to make a judgement call as to the player's intention if a tackle looks like it was reckless even if the player on the receiving end managed to dodge it.

Mackenzie

Old Brightonian
Nov 7, 2003
East Wales
That is the honest to God wording of the FA's rulebook :clap2: I suppose the ref has to make a judgement call as to the player's intention if a tackle looks like it was reckless even if the player on the receiving end managed to dodge it.
The bottom line is that your player cheated, and your manager is a pillock.

Twinkle Toes

Growing old disgracefully
Apr 4, 2008
Hoveside
If I may, the rules don't actually require contact just an "attempted" trip which this quite possibly is. Tough decision for the ref, although I'd be livid if I was a Villa fan.

What the Hell are you on about ffs?! Your player CONNED the gullible Ref by DIVING when the defender pulled his leg away from the challenge. It appears that Nadskins' deluded ramblings are contagious & have completely infected you & your kind.

Classy. :rolleyes:

nicko31

Jan 7, 2010
Gods country fortnightly
Its about time that introduced retrospective action for diving in the box. If a red card was imposed the offender and any penalty declared void it would soon clear the game and we wouldn't be talking about such antics.

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
At St Marys, the fouls or lack of contact, don't even need to be in the 18 yard box to get a penalty.

Willy Dangle

Aug 31, 2011
I have nothing against Southampton but really can't stand that twat.

I can see him at Palace one day.

Definitely this. Sorry Saints fans but your boss is a smarmy, snidey, bum licking, brown fingered, bell ended bell end.

Raleigh Chopper

Sep 1, 2011
Plymouth
Unless I was having a funny moment I saw Adkins interview on Soccer Saturday immediately after the match, and he said something along the lines of " It looks like there was no contact, I cant condone that, and I will speak to the players about that in the future, but it all evens up" blah,blah ,blah. Which took me by surprise and I thought it was very refreshing.
I then saw a later interview and he said "it was not a dive, if the defender had not pulled his leg away it would have been a foul" which was one of the most idiotic things I have ever heard from a manager.
So what happened between the two interviews, someone gave him some advice along the lines of "You never admit to your players making any mistakes in a post match interview" maybe.

Raleigh Chopper

Sep 1, 2011
Plymouth
Unless I was having a funny moment I saw Adkins interview on Soccer Saturday immediately after the match, and he said something along the lines of " It looks like there was no contact, I cant condone that, and I will speak to the players about that in the future, but it all evens up" blah,blah ,blah. Which took me by surprise and I thought it was very refreshing.
I then saw a later interview and he said "it was not a dive, if the defender had not pulled his leg away it would have been a foul" which was one of the most idiotic things I have ever heard from a manager.
So what happened between the two interviews, someone gave him some advice along the lines of "You never admit to your players making any mistakes in a post match interview" maybe.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here