Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Nigel Adkins: 'That wasn't a dive'.......

Bring back Bryan wade!!

I wanna caravan for me ma
Jun 28, 2010
Hassocks
And he wonders why people think he is a cock of the highest order.

PILTDOWN MAN

NSC Patron
Sep 15, 2004
Hurst Green
Ha comes across as a complete twat so one has to assume he is one.

The Truth

Banned
Sep 11, 2008
None of your buisness
He's just jealous that his club can't keep up with ours.

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
A clear case of diving.

Adkins and a Ston fan on the radio have made the ludicrous argument that the cheat was fouled as he was aware of the foul coming his way. That the specific rule includes intent by the fouling player, not just contact.

That might apply to a player running at full speed, and a defender intending to bring him down but failing
But this was all at slow mo, and the was already diving before any challenge came in.

Adkins opting for the AVB / Wenger school of defending the indefensible cheat in his ranks.

Farehamseagull

Solly March Fan Club
Nov 22, 2007
Sarisbury Green, Southampton
He would have earnt a lot more credit admitting it was a dive.

When Lineker said Lambert had scored 31/31 penalties, which is an amazing record as scoring pens isn't easy as we know, did he mean that was just at Southampton or in Lambert's career cos that is an incredible amount of penalties if just at Saints?

TSB

Captain Hindsight
Jul 7, 2003
Lansdowne Place, Hove
He would have earnt a lot more credit admitting it was a dive.

When Lineker said Lambert had scored 31/31 penalties, which is an amazing record as scoring pens isn't easy as we know, did he mean that was just at Southampton or in Lambert's career cos that is an incredible amount of penalties if just at Saints?

Career

farawaysaint

Oct 1, 2011

Sorry, wrong, just for us but it includes shootouts. To the best of my knowledge he has only missed one penalty though in his professional career and that was for Rovers. I stand to be corrected though.

timco

Jul 5, 2003
Birmingham
Watched it several times and it still looks like he kicked his leg away to me. :shrug:

It does not look like a dive to me either so he is either a very good actor and when footballing career is over he should go into stunt work, or he pulled his leg away expecting a challenge that did not come, have you ever flinched? Then lost his balance as one leg went under him.

Whether this means it is a pen or not no idea but I do not think it is a blatant dive.

Have no view on Adkins who he is or what he is has never entered my mind.

farawaysaint

Oct 1, 2011
It does not look like a dive to me either so he is either a very good actor and when footballing career is over he should go into stunt work, or he pulled his leg away expecting a challenge that did not come, have you ever flinched? Then lost his balance as one leg went under him.

Whether this means it is a pen or not no idea but I do not think it is a blatant dive.

Have no view on Adkins who he is or what he is has never entered my mind.

If I may, the rules don't actually require contact just an "attempted" trip which this quite possibly is. Tough decision for the ref, although I'd be livid if I was a Villa fan.

TSB

Captain Hindsight
Jul 7, 2003
Lansdowne Place, Hove
Sorry, wrong, just for us but it includes shootouts. To the best of my knowledge he has only missed one penalty though in his professional career and that was for Rovers. I stand to be corrected though.

Gosh, you do get a lot of penalties (or have a lot of shootouts) then.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here