Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Nicolo Zaniolo

Hugo Rune

NSC Patron
Feb 23, 2012
Brighton
He has scored against RDZ’s Sassoulo so him and his staff will know a lot about him what with him being Italian etc.

However, he has had some big injuries. He does not strike me as a Brighton signing in terms of competing with Spuds, West Sham and Newcastle for the signatue, especially if he has fallen out with folk at Roma. But if RDZ wants him, I’d assume that he’d be a great fit at 23 yrs old. €25 could be a club record signing?

Safe.

Jun 8, 2008
No thanks, done both of his acl's and he is what, 24? Not to mention out of our wage range and possibly bigger clubs wanting him.

Swansman

Pro-peace
May 13, 2019
Sweden
Would be a highly remarkable signing. Struggled with a bunch of injuries but a class player. €25m sounds a bit too cheap.

macbeth

Dismembered
Jan 3, 2018
six feet beneath the moon...
No thanks, done both of his acl's and he is what, 24? Not to mention out of our wage range and possibly bigger clubs wanting him.
would just point out that you become a lot more likely to do your second ACL once you've done the first. happened to ings, wilson too I think, and is currently happening to kalajdzic at wolves. the fact he's on the other side of both injuries is a lot better

Safe.

Jun 8, 2008
would just point out that you become a lot more likely to do your second ACL once you've done the first. happened to ings, wilson too I think, and is currently happening to kalajdzic at wolves. the fact he's on the other side of both injuries is a lot better
Sure, point taken. But I'd rather invest that sort of money (hypothetically) on someone with a better injury record personally.

Austrian Gull

Feb 5, 2009
Linz, Austria
Saw him play in Verona in October. He was diving all over the place. Roma took him off for his own safety - Hellas players were taking it in turns to give him a whack.

Very skilful and talented player.

Safe.

Jun 8, 2008
Solly has done both ACLs and looks like he’s in the form of his life. ACLs used to potentially end or curtail a career, but not anymore if the right rehab is done.
Ah fair enough. For the record, this zaniolo has looked great, especially in the cf/am position.
But just have trepidations over spending big money on players with such records is all.
But always trust in bloom of course.

The Fits

Jun 29, 2020
Well, that would make a statement wouldn't it? To swap him for Trossard would be a great bit of business.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here