Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Nicola Sturgeon

lawros left foot

Glory hunting since 1969
Jun 11, 2011
Worthing
Absolutely no Plan B on currency. Ridiculous.

There's no plan B, because obviously the remainder of the UK will love to help out an independent Scotland, who have cleared off with all the oil money. Any UK politician that agrees to a currency union with an independent Scotland can say goodbye to their career

Seasidesage

May 19, 2009
Brighton, United Kingdom
There's no plan B, because obviously the remainder of the UK will love to help out an independent Scotland, who have cleared off with all the oil money. Any UK politician that agrees to a currency union with an independent Scotland can say goodbye to their career

You'd like to think so wouldn't you. However, more likely is that some weasel PM of whichever party gets in will see the 'opportunity' to continue to exercise some element of control over Scotland through currency as more important than the wishes of his own people. I see this in simple terms, if they want to go, fine. At that point they become as foreign as any other nation. Not only should we not do them any favours we should actively seek to exploit their weakness to bring jobs etc into our economy from their's.

Grind em into the dust if they want a divorce...

lawros left foot

Glory hunting since 1969
Jun 11, 2011
Worthing
I agree with you in most respects, but I think the nats have vastly under estimated the anger of the rest of the UK if they go. They have a very good deal now, and their last two Scottish parliamentary elections have only had a 35% turnout so they really can't arguethat they wwant to rule themselves, I was based up there for 6 years and i really believe it is more a case of hating the English for a lot of them, no matter what they say. If they go, we should play hardball with them

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here