Nicky Forster

Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

The Large One

Who's Next?
Jul 7, 2003
97.2FM
Forster Scoops Award

Nicky Forster has been named Coca-Cola League One Player of the Month for September, but has paid tribute to fellow nominee Carl Baker.

The Stockport striker scored five times during September, despite tragic circumstances affecting his personal life.

Baker's brother lost his battle against Leukaemia earlier in the month, while his younger brother is also suffering from the disease.

Forster, who also netted five times in September, told seagulls.co.uk, "I heard about the nomination on Friday, but my initial feeling was that Carl Baker would take the award because of what he's achieved in the face of such adversity.

"Obviously I'm delighted to be nominated for the award, let alone win it, and I would also like to mention my team-mates, because without them I wouldn't have been able to score the goals."

Southend striker Lee Barnard and Norwich City attacker Grant Holt were the other nominees.

Good work, Nicky. :clap:

Frutos

Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
May 3, 2006
Northumberland
Even the comments in that piece quoted by TLO show the intelligence and class of the man.

:bowdown:

Well done Nicky, fully deserved.

May 1, 2009
Wasn't the last Brighton player to win it was Lloyd Owusu at the end of last season?

ans yeah...Congratulations Nicky :clap: Well Derserved :)

Last edited:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports