nicky forster puts in transfer request

Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
No chance. Forster is a constant source of goals. Murray is far too inconsistant. Not saying Murray isn't crucial to us, but to say he's far more important that Forster is a bit silly imo

RIGHT NOW Forster is more important, but next season and onwards Murray is far, far more important if we want to be Championship bound and then stay there.

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home
Boooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo

I blame Brian Bedson

Northstander

Oct 13, 2003
This is all Mghee's fault!!! :jester:

I hope the club sort this out asap!

mcshane in the 79th

Nov 4, 2005
If we are going to mount a promotion challenge next year then I'm not sure signing him up for two years is a good idea. If he won't accept a one year deal then it would be best to say goodbye. Will be sad to see him leave.

drew

Drew
Oct 3, 2006
Burgess Hill
Talk about jumping the gun. Some of you are slagging him off based on a snippet of news on Sky sports. He wants one more year and that will take him up to 38 years old so it is unreasonably for him to expect more. Score 20 goals next season and no doubt they would then offer more.

As for the club issuing statement, do you honestly expect them to respond to what is at this stage, just gossip.

Even if he has handed in a request, he has still done wonders for us and should be remembered as a great signing.

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
If we are going to mount a promotion challenge next year then I'm not sure signing him up for two years is a good idea. If he won't accept a one year deal then it would be best to say goodbye. Will be sad to see him leave.

Probably agree.

mcshane in the 79th

Nov 4, 2005
RIGHT NOW Forster is more important, but next season and onwards Murray is far, far more important if we want to be Championship bound and then stay there.

Agreed , for the next 4-5 months Forster is vital and to be honest if I had to choose one or the other for the rest of the season it would be Nicky. For beyond the summer then yes Murray will be pivotal

The Wizard

Jul 2, 2009
Talk about jumping the gun. Some of you are slagging him off based on a snippet of news on Sky sports. He wants one more year and that will take him up to 38 years old so it is unreasonably for him to expect more. Score 20 goals next season and no doubt they would then offer more.

As for the club issuing statement, do you honestly expect them to respond to what is at this stage, just gossip.

Even if he has handed in a request, he has still done wonders for us and should be remembered as a great signing.

Its not just gossip though is it, it was reported OFFICIALLY on Sky Sports.:glare:

D

Deleted User X18H

This doesn't make sense Why would a player who is it out of contract in June make a transfer request 4 days after the transfer window had shut? He won't be allowed to go out on loan. He is 36 if the club offer him even a year he should feel privileged. He is under contract to Brighton and Hove Albion until that contract expires.

SamPeters

Nov 3, 2009
to be honest if Nicky wants to leave the club then let him it shows his heart is not with us after all...and with El-Abd getting a new contract he still has many years left where as Nicky only as 1 or 2 so its more common sense to sign El-Abd to a new contract, Brighton have some good young strikers they can develop into the team,

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports