Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Nick Clegg

seagullsovergrimsby

#cpfctinpotclub
Aug 21, 2005
Crap Town
It looks at the moment next years election will be a close call,so what does any government need for power 326 MP,S now for arguements sake put CMD on 300 and Red Ed on 300 where do the other 50 go ? The DUP (at the moment 8 MP's) would not support any move to bring down CMD,Clegg may have around 25 MP's and would surely stick with CMD,add one or two other's Indepentdant/Ukip (?) it would be tight but CMD might be able to muster 335+ votes ?

I think the LibDems will be overjoyed if they manage to hang on to a dozen seats next year and the party with the third largest number of seats at Westminster will be SNP. UKIP can also pick up 4 or 5 seats in constituencies where they'll hoover up 32% to 40% of the local vote.

DavidinSouthampton

NSC Patron
Jan 3, 2012
A week is a long time in politics, and the election is 7 months away.

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
I think the LibDems will be overjoyed if they manage to hang on to a dozen seats next year and the party with the third largest number of seats at Westminster will be SNP. UKIP can also pick up 4 or 5 seats in constituencies where they'll hoover up 32% to 40% of the local vote.
Why do you think UKIP will win 4 or 5 seats? No chance IMO. They are little more than a noddy protest party and their contribution to the general election will be to split the Tory vote and let others in, ideally the pro-European Lib Dems.

beorhthelm

A. Virgo, Football Genius
Jul 21, 2003

Notters

Oct 20, 2003
Guiseley
They're the most pro-european party and that alone gives them more credibility than the rest in my eyes.

Seagull on the wing

Sep 22, 2010
Hailsham
Clegg....the man who did a U-turn on tution fees...the man who asked for and got his vote on AV,then reneged on the promise to support boundary changes...well trustworthy....NOT!

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
I actually think Clegg is doing quite well at the conference. I feel he is positioning himself well and I also think he will do better in the election than is being expected by a lot of people.

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
I feel the Lib Dem vote will come back, probably when Clegg is replaced as leader after the next General Election. Too many people don't identify with either of the main 2 parties and UKIP may be a busted flush after the Euro Referendum which, if we opt to stay in, will play right into Lib Dem hands.

They will have been part of a coalition government that will be remembered for broken promises on both sides but, more importantly, pulling this country back from the brink and well on the road to recovery. Being in government and having some success doesn't appear to be counting for much now, but it will do again when either Labour have again mismanaged the economy or the Conservatives get a majority and Tory unfair excess is left unchecked.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here