Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Nice comment about The Amex

Diego Napier

Mar 27, 2010
"Good atmosphere"? Blimey. For about 20 minutes maybe.

Don't be obtuse.

He's obviously comparing the noise we make at home with the noise they make at home (and possibly the noise of home fans at other grounds).
How would he know that even though it was loud at times nevertheless it wasn't one of our loudest?

Herne Hill Seagull

Jul 10, 2003
Galicia
Don't be obtuse.

He's obviously comparing the noise we make at home with the noise they make at home (and possibly the noise of home fans at other grounds).
How would he know that even though it was loud at times nevertheless it wasn't one of our loudest?

Obtuse? His exact quote: "Don't know how you didn't win, you outclassed us! Still great ground and good atmosphere. Was delighted with a point we didn't deserve." What words in that give you any indication that he's comparing it with anything?

And no, he wouldn't know what our usual noise is like, but it was flat last night until those last 20 minutes by any measure. Even if I accept your utterly baseless assertion that he's making a comparison in the first place, he must have been to some pretty dead grounds if that's his standard for a 'good' atmosphere.

What part of my post was obtuse?

Diego Napier

Mar 27, 2010
Obtuse? His exact quote: "Don't know how you didn't win, you outclassed us! Still great ground and good atmosphere. Was delighted with a point we didn't deserve." What words in that give you any indication that he's comparing it with anything? And no, he wouldn't know what our usual noise is like, but it was flat last night until those last 20 minutes by any measure. Even if I accept your utterly baseless assertion that he's making a comparison in the first place, he must have been to some pretty dead grounds if that's his standard for a 'good' atmosphere. What part of my post was obtuse?

Good grief, continuing in that vein indicates you're not merely being obtuse but are acting rather dense. When a statement like "good atmosphere" is made then it is patently obvious that it must be comparison, be it general or rigorous, based on personal life experience.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here