Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

NHS Volunteers

middletoenail

Jul 2, 2008
Hong Kong
They rejected me with the following response;

"Dear Sir/Madam,

Unfortunately Royal Voluntary Service are not able to verify your registration/identification. You can always apply again, please ensure you are providing the right registration details and have uploaded the correct documentation.

GoodSAM and Royal Voluntary Service"

I'm not based in UK, but I did provide them with all the details they asked for including my passport. Whilst I can't physically help my fellow British citizens, I was hoping that I could remotely call some of the older folk, or those that are isolated and are are struggling and lonely.

Springal

Feb 12, 2005
GOSBTS
Joey Barton complaining he is signed up but not been given anything. Can’t think why they don’t want twice convicted violent criminal helping them out.

‘Thanks for the shopping but I wanted white bread not brown bread’

* puts cigarette out in OAPs eye*

Mr Banana

Tedious chump
Aug 8, 2005
Standing in the way of control
I don't really get the thing about not being able to tell people why they got rejected because of data issues. Surely a tick box at the start should negate that.

In fairness, I said I could drive when I haven't got a car, so it's probably for the best, although I could definitely have got around on public transport to help people. But there are loads of local groups to help out instead, I suppose.

upthealbion1970

bring on the trumpets....
NSC Patron
Jan 22, 2009
Woodingdean
Anyone been accepted and asked to to anything?

133 hours logged on and nothing to do yet ......

4e2413c17bd6edf1aa444888866602ad.jpg

Tight shorts

Dec 29, 2004
Sussex
Ditto here. Been live over a week and no requests yet

Sent from my SM-G975F using Tapatalk

marlowe

Dec 13, 2015
This seems to be the case for the majority of people who signed up. Plenty of reports of people complaining they haven't been assigned any tasks but there are no reports of any specific examples of anyone who have been assigned something. Is that perhaps because there is nothing to report?

It might be a good public relations excercise for them to issue a press release of how many Responders have been on "active" duty and how well it's doing....or maybe it wouldn't if it's not working out as they hoped it would.

I've been "on duty" for 336 hours and I still haven't received a call. In the first couple of days I was being careful about what jobs I committed myself to around the house as I was mindful that I would have to drop everything at the drop of a hat as I was expecting a call at every minute. Now a day goes by without me giving them a thought as I've almost forgotten they exist. I don't even bother about going on and off duty when I go to bed because I no longer think to log on and off so I'm "on duty" now 24 hours a day 7 days a week.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/metro....eers-arent-able-help-vulnerable-12538213/amp/

Last edited:

marlowe

Dec 13, 2015
I wonder if they give priority to those who have supplied a photo for their profile or who show their full name.

I've counted 15 other Responders in my area. They all give different amounts of personal information on their profile. Some are totally anonymous, some just give a first name, others give a first name and a surname and then there are the ones who give their full name complete with a smiley photo of themselves. Maybe it's the latter category who get priority for the tasks.

I'm in the first name only, no photo category. Maybe they think I've got something to hide. It's the "anonymous" category I'd be more concerned about. They look a bit creepy on the map lurking anonymously like that. I hope they're not painting me with the same brush.

What personal information are you others displaying? I might be onto something here.

Notters

Oct 20, 2003
Guiseley
This seems to be the case for the majority of people who signed up. Plenty of reports of people complaining they haven't been assigned any tasks but there are no reports of any specific examples of anyone who have been assigned something. Is that perhaps because there is nothing to report?

It might be a good public relations excercise for them to issue a press release of how many Responders have been on "active" duty and how well it's doing....or maybe it wouldn't if it's not working out as they hoped it would.

I've been "on duty" for 336 hours and I still haven't received a call. In the first couple of days I was being careful about what jobs I committed myself to around the house as I was mindful that I would have to drop everything at the drop of a hat as I was expecting a call at every minute. Now a day goes by without me giving them a thought as I've almost forgotten they exist. I don't even bother about going on and off duty when I go to bed because I no longer think to log on and off so I'm "on duty" now 24 hours a day 7 days a week.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/metro....eers-arent-able-help-vulnerable-12538213/amp/

Two points:

1) If there are 800,000 people or whatever signed up then I imagine a lot of people will never get a job.
2) Didn't it say when you first logged into the app that you weren't supposed to report on duty? I think this is a remnant from when it was used just for cardiac patients.

I admit it's not very clear.

marlowe

Dec 13, 2015
Two points:

1) If there are 800,000 people or whatever signed up then I imagine a lot of people will never get a job.
2) Didn't it say when you first logged into the app that you weren't supposed to report on duty? I think this is a remnant from when it was used just for cardiac patients.

I didn't notice that, nor it appears did many others. Can you direct me to where that instruction is given. I went by these guidlines....

Screenshot_2020-04-15-12-31-46.png

Hugo Rune

NSC Patron
Feb 23, 2012
Brighton
Anyone been accepted and asked to to anything?

I get a job most days but it’s the same job over and over again (due to the circumstances of the person the job is for).

I’ve got a parking permit now which will be very useful if I’m doing hospital drop offs.

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
Two points:

You need to toggle to 'on'

https://volunteering.royalvoluntary...eerrespondersfaqs-website-140420-v1-9-972.pdf

I have signed up but still working so can only do evenings and weekends, is this ok? Yes it absolutely fine and excellent that you have chosen to register and support. When your ID has been verified you will receive an email to download the App, on this you just need to ensure when you can support that you make sure the ON DUTY toggle is clicked ON, then when you are unavailable for support click the On DUTY toggle to OFF. That way you will never be sent requests for support when you are unavailable.

Notters

Oct 20, 2003
Guiseley
I didn't notice that, nor it appears did many others. Can you direct me to where that instruction is given. I went by these guidlines....

View attachment 122261

You need to toggle to 'on'

https://volunteering.royalvoluntary...eerrespondersfaqs-website-140420-v1-9-972.pdf

I have signed up but still working so can only do evenings and weekends, is this ok? Yes it absolutely fine and excellent that you have chosen to register and support. When your ID has been verified you will receive an email to download the App, on this you just need to ensure when you can support that you make sure the ON DUTY toggle is clicked ON, then when you are unavailable for support click the On DUTY toggle to OFF. That way you will never be sent requests for support when you are unavailable.

It seems I was wrong, though the whole thing still looks like it's set up for its former use. Very odd.

I shall toggle on!

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
It seems I was wrong, though the whole thing still looks like it's set up for its former use. Very odd.

I shall toggle on!

There was some odd referencing of not toggling in one of the early emails, but it didn't make much sense - I think it was related to making sure people didn't register as a GoodSam Cardiac Responder but it was badly worded

Me and my Monkey

Nov 3, 2015
Started getting requests over the last couple of weeks. However, 5 out of 6 of these were for people who quite frankly sounded bemused when I called them, said they didn’t need anything. It’s getting a bit embarrassing now, I’m starting to feel like a bit of a phone pest. Anyone else experiencing this?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here