Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

NHS leg pain

Good to here from you mate all the best and yes good to c billy flying the flag for wisborough green

Cheers. I don't know if you knew him (Andy will) but David Sainsbury from the Weald's Sports Dept who was the school rugby coach (and a former Int'l referee) once said that if Billy played for England then he'd buy every former first XV player a drink. David retired a few years ago but during the week before last week's game every former school player for at least the past 10 years receievd an email from him giving details of the pub in Twickenham for the meet-up etc. Nice touch eh? Unfortunately, Gareth and I went to bloody Hillsborough :shit:

Cornish seagull!

Nov 18, 2010
Cornwall
Cheers. I don't know if you knew him (Andy will) but David Sainsbury from the Weald's Sports Dept who was the school rugby coach (and a former Int'l referee) once said that if Billy played for England then he'd buy every former first XV player a drink. David retired a few years ago but during the week before last week's game every former school player for at least the past 10 years receievd an email from him giving details of the pub in Twickenham for the meet-up etc. Nice touch eh? Unfortunately, Gareth and I went to bloody Hillsborough :shit:

Yes i remember Mr Sainsbury was my PE teacher for 2 years lol, ive got my 3 monthly meeting with my consultant monday, just bloods this time no scan. you'll have to let us know how you get on.

Yes i remember Mr Sainsbury was my PE teacher for 2 years lol, ive got my 3 monthly meeting with my consultant monday, just bloods this time no scan. you'll have to let us know how you get on.

Hope everything went OK with your Consultant on Monday, my treatment kicks off next week so Burnley's the last game before chemo pickle brain sets in again when I shall definitely need Lord B's mini-bus service to get to the ground from CP5.
Bloods and medical interview with the chemo nurses on Monday, Pic dosing line fitting in the rt arm round to the heart on Tuesday followed by the first of six fortnightly doses of sauce combo on Wednesday morning. Same drugs as in 2011 - 5FU/CaFolate, Irinotecan and Avastin. Cheers. N.

User removed 4

May 9, 2008
Haywards Heath
Hope everything went OK with your Consultant on Monday, my treatment kicks off next week so Burnley's the last game before chemo pickle brain sets in again when I shall definitely need Lord B's mini-bus service to get to the ground from CP5.
Bloods and medical interview with the chemo nurses on Monday, Pic dosing line fitting in the rt arm round to the heart on Tuesday followed by the first of six fortnightly doses of sauce combo on Wednesday morning. Same drugs as in 2011 - 5FU/CaFolate, Irinotecan and Avastin. Cheers. N.
Hope it goes well mate, dont want to trivialise it in any way, but it sound like such a huge pain in the arse , an absolute nightmare.

Hope it goes well mate, dont want to trivialise it in any way, but it sound like such a huge pain in the arse , an absolute nightmare.

Thanks for the best wishes. Seriously though, I don't find the treatment any sort of problem at all, never have done, and neither do many of the other patients I know/meet in the Cancer Unit at the Royal Surrey Hospt'l. Everything next week has a logic and purpose that I fully understand and have bought into leading up to further surgery; I'm in control of what's being done to me and when, just as I have been since the first chemo in early 2007.

User removed 4

May 9, 2008
Haywards Heath
Thanks for the best wishes. Seriously though, I don't find the treatment any sort of problem at all, never have done, and neither do many of the other patients I know/meet in the Cancer Unit at the Royal Surrey Hospt'l. Everything next week has a logic and purpose that I fully understand and have bought into leading up to further surgery; I'm in control of what's being done to me and when, just as I have been since the first chemo in early 2007.
well , good for you mate , not any more i can say than the original best wishes :thumbsup:

An update from me now I'm halfway through the current course of brain pickling.
Have been getting very tired but that's largely down to some drug (irinotecan) induced anaemia. As a result I require a 2/3pt transfusion of the red stuff in what should be my week off during the fortnightly chemo treatment cycle. Unfortunately, this requires a blood cross-match followed by the transfusion on the next day - ie it's another 2 days at the Royal Surrey in Guildford so I'm there twice a week, every week now. Also have to be home one day waiting for the community/district nurses to remove my chemo pump and/or flush the line that's in my right arm. Talk about taking over your life!
Pre-surgery CT scan is being booked but don't know when I'll be under the knife just yet; late June or early July I expect so should make the play-offs if we get there and be fit(tish) for the new season. ST in WSU has been renewed (of course).
Bye for now. N.

doogie004

Oct 12, 2008
wisborough green
An update from me now I'm halfway through the current course of brain pickling.
Have been getting very tired but that's largely down to some drug (irinotecan) induced anaemia. As a result I require a 2/3pt transfusion of the red stuff in what should be my week off during the fortnightly chemo treatment cycle. Unfortunately, this requires a blood cross-match followed by the transfusion on the next day - ie it's another 2 days at the Royal Surrey in Guildford so I'm there twice a week, every week now. Also have to be home one day waiting for the community/district nurses to remove my chemo pump and/or flush the line that's in my right arm. Talk about taking over your life!
Pre-surgery CT scan is being booked but don't know when I'll be under the knife just yet; late June or early July I expect so should make the play-offs if we get there and be fit(tish) for the new season. ST in WSU has been renewed (of course).
Bye for now. N.

as always good to hear from you mate im sure Andrew will update you on his well being of late with a little worry thrown in for good measure.take care only down road if you fancy a coffee or chat if struggling to get to hospital any day give us a buzz 07917850746 no charge lol.

Cornish seagull!

Nov 18, 2010
Cornwall
Hope things are manageable for you N. I had a bid of a scare the other day, wasn't feeling well had a emergency scan. Luckily it was just flu symptoms. Scan showed no more growth since November. Next appointment is in July

Hope things are manageable for you N. I had a bid of a scare the other day, wasn't feeling well had a emergency scan. Luckily it was just flu symptoms. Scan showed no more growth since November. Next appointment is in July

Drink Lucozade.

:D

Cornish seagull!

Nov 18, 2010
Cornwall
I had a read of this thread from the beginning the other day and realised how off my head I was on drugs for so long. Crazy to look back and see the journey. I never kept a diary in the end but this is better then any diary I could of done. The happy ever after ending never came but I'm still here and still fighting.

Durlston

"Two grams please!"
NSC Patron
Jul 15, 2009
All the best, Alex Dawson, on your continued battle to beat the illness. It must be very difficult some days for you but Brighton making the play-offs and getting promoted would be brilliant and something to really look forward to next season.

Keep going mate. We're all following your progress and rooting for you. :thumbsup:

I had a read of this thread from the beginning the other day and realised how off my head I was on drugs for so long. Crazy to look back and see the journey. I never kept a diary in the end but this is better then any diary I could of done. The happy ever after ending never came but I'm still here and still fighting.

Good man.

Wally Gould

Jul 10, 2011
So sorry to read your story Cornish. Life can be very unfair and cruel sometimes. As all the others say you must try and be strong and positive for your family. I wish you all the best.

Cornish seagull!

Nov 18, 2010
Cornwall
Had my scan results today and its bad news. The tumour in my stomach has grown 4x the size since my last scan in march.

It looks like ill be having a stem cell transplant, ill be honest i'm not looking forward to it one bit. It's been 2 years since my diagnosis and i'm still battling the wars not over yet, ive just entered a new battle.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here